watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twang

We're gonna end up with a Djalo type of signing and Woodrow called back right before midnight, aren't we?

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2018, 07:40:54 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on January 31, 2018, 07:33:41 PM
SIGNED! Striker Chris Martin has completed a loan move to the Madejski which will see him represent the Royals until the end of the season -

phewwwwwww

That's a quote from Martins number one fan!!

Roberty

Quote from: twang on January 31, 2018, 07:52:24 PM
We're gonna end up with a Djalo type of signing and Woodrow called back right before midnight, aren't we?

If we do it will be too late - the deadline is 11pm
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

howitis

Our owners and management are absolutely useless.
Glad I got that off my chest.
Goodnight

twang

Quote from: Roberty on January 31, 2018, 07:53:53 PM

If we do it will be too late - the deadline is 11pm

Very valid point!

grandad

When we signed Djalo, Slavisa said he was one for the future & would spend most of his initial time in development.
Where there's a will there's a wife

twang

Quote from: grandad on January 31, 2018, 07:59:13 PM

When we signed Djalo, Slavisa said he was one for the future & would spend most of his initial time in development.

That's what I meant with a signing like Djalo, someone who's not ready to make an impact anytime soon.

DevonFFC

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: twang on January 31, 2018, 08:02:22 PM

That's what I meant with a signing like Djalo, someone who's not ready to make an impact anytime soon.

Just what we needed ......

Woolly Mammoth

What good is Djalo now, we are suppose to be challenging for promotion, not fannying around with other clubs throw outs who may or may not come good.
That's no use to us now, we need players who good enough to cement a place in the team right away, he is another summer stats failure. Slav has realised he is another stats signing that is a Dud.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Sustainability .......... this is starvability.....

Oi  051 you saving to build the glass palace?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

hovewhite

If we sign anybody there will be people on here who say there not good enough,so club can't win.
Sort of people if you sit next to them you want to wring there necks.

Roberty

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2018, 08:11:14 PM

What good is Djalo now, we are suppose to be challenging for promotion, not fannying around with other clubs throw outs who may or may not come good.
That's no use to us now, we need players who good enough to cement a place in the team right away, he is another summer stats failure. Slav has realised he is another stats signing that is a Dud.

Is he

As far as I remember SJ has brought him on in more than one game to counter the hoof-it-up to a huge forward game

So he can't be a total dud - maybe just not good enough to displace the three player ahead of him

I think this would also be the case for anyone we brought in - would they ever get off the bench?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Mince n Tatties

Lighthouse

Ipswich favourites to sign ex Fulham player Ross McCormack.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 31, 2018, 06:43:50 PM
Not going to be fussy about any other position but, it makes little sense letting Madl leave without replacing him. Very risky leaving ourselves so thin in that position.
Risky? ?  Some would say suicidal.

OMalleyCat

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 31, 2018, 08:17:13 PM
He can't play for another club now.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

OMalleyCat

Quote from: Roberty on January 31, 2018, 08:21:12 PM
Quote from: OMalleyCat on January 31, 2018, 08:19:13 PM

Why?

I don't think he has played for Villa this season
Villa and Melbourne city. But not entirely sure he played a game for villa.

Count Flapula

Quote from: OMalleyCat on January 31, 2018, 08:19:13 PM

Does that count if he hasn't played a single game for Villa? Or is it to do with his player registration?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Roberty on January 31, 2018, 08:16:18 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2018, 08:11:14 PM

Is he

As far as I remember SJ has brought him on in more than one game to counter the hoof-it-up to a huge forward game

So he can't be a total dud - maybe just not good enough to displace the three player ahead of him

I think this would also be the case for anyone we brought in - would they ever get off the bench?
Ok I shall compromise, he is two thirds a dud, and I am being far too generous.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.