watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooting legend

Well done Fulham a very good transfer window what a massive striker coup well done everyone at FFC

Woolly Mammoth

Agreed, I wonder if anyone has gone to bed not knowing about these two late signings.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Get in!!!! Great business!! Exactly the type of striker we need and has Champinship experience
I was there, standing in the Putney end

HV71

Quote from: Tabby on February 01, 2018, 12:00:45 AM
Quote from: HV71 on February 01, 2018, 12:00:00 AM
Good signings -  but somehow don't think Mitrovic will put up with poncing though !

Have you ever seen Serbia play international footie? They love a good poncing about.

Glad to hear it ! We can carry on poncing the Slav way !

The Rock

Mitrovic speaks Serbian!!! Imagine how he might do if he can communicate with SJ. This is not a bad thing.

Bracken White

Whew! What an end to the window - Mitrovic, Christie (subject to FA paperwork confirmation) & Targett; has to be good news, plus retaining our trophy players at least until the end of the season.
Must surely bode well for a serious promotion push!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

davew

Quote from: Bracken White on February 01, 2018, 12:04:42 AM
Whew! What an end to the window - Mitrovic, Christie (subject to FA paperwork confirmation) & Targett; has to be good news, plus retaining our trophy players at least until the end of the season.
Yes let's hope so!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

VicHalomsLovechild

:plus one:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on February 01, 2018, 12:06:09 AM
Yes let's hope so!!!

I need a large Brandy, but I cannot as Ime working.  GGRRRRRR
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: Tooting legend on February 01, 2018, 12:00:56 AM
Well done Fulham a very good transfer window what a massive striker coup well done everyone at FFC
0001.jpeg

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on February 01, 2018, 12:06:36 AM

:plus one:
So glad we kept Cairney and Sees! Fredrick's too.
Good three came in. Stripped away the unwanted and the unused.
And to top it all off, we are only 5 pages away from the magic 100 !!
COYW 😜
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 01, 2018, 12:00:16 AM
Load of nonsense the lot of it.😣

What's up with Mince?
Nogood "not mincing words there, isit" Boyo

Deeping_white

On a side note - everyone's preferred January signing from last year, Omar Bogle has just signed for Posh on loan so clearly missing out on him wasn't a bad thing either, I'm quite surprised at how badly his career has nosedived in 12 months...

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on February 01, 2018, 12:16:32 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 01, 2018, 12:00:16 AM
Load of nonsense the lot of it.😣

What's up with Mince?
Nogood "not mincing words there, isit" Boyo
SHOCK!! It happens to the best of them!
We actual had a 'GOOD' window!!
COYW. 😷
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

FulhamStu

Twig

Quote from: grandad on January 31, 2018, 11:50:53 PM
Quote from: davew on January 31, 2018, 11:44:26 PM
Quote from: Twig on January 31, 2018, 11:43:01 PM
Quote from: grandad on January 31, 2018, 11:40:13 PM
Christie is a great signing. He has always been a thorn in our sides when he has played against us. The usual few moaned about our squad depth & when we do something about it  they still moan .

If I am one of the "moaners" then I stand by that concern.  And in my view the area of depth most lacking is at CB. Is Targett a CG? No.  Is Christie a CB? No.  Is that part of the squad still thin? Yes.
Exactly, the point I was just typing out to Grandad.

Give me the name of a CB who was available, within our fee band & wage limit & wanted to come to us & fight out a 4 way start for 2 places.
PS. Now we have the striker some felt we needed.Left it late but a good window as it has turned out.

Well since we weren't aware Mitrovic would be available how on earth do you expect me to give you the name of a CB who was available. That's just a silly response.

Fernhurst

Our club certainly know how to put us through the wringer.

Christie deal must have been brewing for a while, but the big Serbian is really a rabbit out of the hat.
Three quality signings.
Look forward to seeing tonight's two introduced to the faithful on Saturday.

COME ON YOU WHITES... it's all attainable now.
Nite nite all.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Twig

Has the makings of a good window.  Hopefully we will have the depth to tackle the play offs better than last year assuming we make them (and this window will have helped a lot).  Unless I wake up to hear the deals fell through it's a cautious thumbs up from me.

David I

Are you retarded? The squad is bare bones and an injury away from disaster.
I'm not putting up with this shite any more and will be supporting the Quins just down the road come what August.
Let the khans have the building plot they so desire.....

General

Quote from: David I on February 01, 2018, 01:05:50 AM
Are you retarded? The squad is bare bones and an injury away from disaster.
I'm not putting up with this shite any more and will be supporting the Quins just down the road come what August.
Let the khans have the building plot they so desire.....

I support fulham and quins. You don't have to only support one or the other.

I also think you're being a bit ott if I may say so.

Reasons for me thinking this is that whilst I tend to agree we do have a few areas we're light in I do think the three signings we've secured this window are all solid ones. We got rid of a lot of dead weight, which was our depth, but as a club the owner does seem to support the bringing in of new players and in his time, whilst admittedly learning the hard way and convoluted way, has also stood firm for the best interests of the club for the most part.

What I mean by that is he's shown a tolerance for slavisa, who the fans are hugely supportive of and who gets results and the players want to play for,  despite his outbursts.

He signs our top players down to long term contracts and holds a strong stance regarding not selling our best players and has also put his son in a senior role at the club...

Now some may question Tony khan and previous transfer windows.. a lot of players have been shown the door this Jan who were brought in and deemed not good enough, but there are two things I want to acknowledge..

Firstly to have the piece of mind to bring in players and acknowledge they aren't working out and take that hit within 6 months because it is the right thing to do, is good business.

Secondly, when the chips were down regarding kline kicking up a fuss and the whole transfer saga came to a head he got rid of kline it seems and has kept the manager which again is the right decision and shows in my eyes he has the best intentions for the club first and foremost... especially when kline was so close to his own family in being tonys friend and having done work with the jaguars.

All in all it may frustrate to see the man take 4 years to get to this point and we may not find the exact way he does things as perfect he does seem to be slowly doing the right things for the club's interests.

If we get to the premiership I hope he can take what he's learned and do it there and to the necessary standard required too.

I have huge admiration and respect for all fayed, but when it comes to the clubs stance on players value to the club, not selling our best players and showing a willingness to go into the market and buy players shahid pips him here and long may it continue.

Plus if you look at our squad we arguably now have two options for each position and in some places more. I agree we should have 3 keepers and I'd have preferred Madl over Djalo, but Madl wanted to leave.