more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Count Flapula on February 01, 2018, 10:29:16 AM
Good additions - I feel i t's been a productive last 10 minutes of window... Hoped you'd do it much earlier Fulham but where's the fun in that?!

Shame about no additional CB as many have said, but one perceived deficiency in our team has been addressed with these new guys:

- Mitrovic 6 ft 3 and strong as an ox
- Christie 6 ft 2 and also strong (was Boro's MOM in my opinion when they came to the Cottage)
- Targett 6 ft and also looks pretty solid for a LB

Hopefully gives us more presence in both penalty areas for set pieces (so long as Mitro keeps his elbows tucked in!).

Well done Fulham overall - you (just about) got there in the end!

They had a stroke of luck getting Mitrovic when his transfer to Anderlecht fell through, all a bit keystone copish, but a good move all the same. So credit where it's due.
All three signings are six foot plus which will add much needed height and ariel strength.
I was called out late to M P to come down and unlock and oil the in coming gate, sweep the tumbleweed away and dust and polish the incoming welcome to Fulham FC signs.
I noticed Mince was still there in one of the hedgerows snoring his head off, I wrapped another blanket round him before I left.
So all we have to do now is finish in the top two.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Maccy91

Whilst i agree Mitrovic is a decent signing ive just seen he only scored 4 in 25 apps the season newcastle won this league, which isnt an amazing return in a pretty free scoring team, was he more of a backup to gayle? I cant remember

river phoenix

Quote from: Maccy91 on February 01, 2018, 11:12:06 AM
Whilst i agree Mitrovic is a decent signing ive just seen he only scored 4 in 25 apps the season newcastle won this league, which isnt an amazing return in a pretty free scoring team, was he more of a backup to gayle? I cant remember

Yes, he was a backup to Gayle because Rafa for some unknown reason don`t like him, even though majority of Newcastle fans think he was their best striker.

Tabby

14 of those 25 apps were off the bench. He played about as much that season as Kamara has played so far.

Rafa doesn't trust him, but his talent is plain to see.

twang

Bracken White

Last night's late activities begs the question 'Why do we need a transfer thread going back to the end of November?!' Seriously, it's been good fun, all the rumours - counter rumours 'told yous' etc - certainly the best transfer link for FFC ... maybe it should just be the 1/2 hour between 10.30 > 11pm on deadline day in future!!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

WokinghamWhite

Seems like it's been a good window. We've lost none of our key players and brought in new players - to the regret of the supporters of their old clubs - who know the Championship. Fulham FC have managed to supplement rather than disrupt the team that is giving us our current excellent form. We are now looking good for the playoffs and even automatic promotion is a possibility. Who would have thought that back in late November?

Aldo

Quote from: David I on February 01, 2018, 01:05:50 AM
Quote from: Tooting legend on February 01, 2018, 12:00:56 AM
Well done Fulham a very good transfer window what a massive striker coup well done everyone at FFC
Are you retarded? The squad is bare bones and an injury away from disaster.
I'm not putting up with this shite any more and will be supporting the Quins just down the road come what August.
Let the khans have the building plot they so desire.....

bye!

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: David I on February 01, 2018, 01:05:50 AM
Quote from: Tooting legend on February 01, 2018, 12:00:56 AM
Well done Fulham a very good transfer window what a massive striker coup well done everyone at FFC
Are you retarded? The squad is bare bones and an injury away from disaster.
I'm not putting up with this shite any more and will be supporting the Quins just down the road come what August.
Let the khans have the building plot they so desire.....

Someone hasn't taken their pills.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Twig on February 01, 2018, 09:32:01 AM
Just realised, at the bottom of each page is the option to "go up", is that what we are going to do?
I only realised yesterday that if you click the 'NEW' button, it takes you to the 1st message since you last read it!!
How does it know??
Very handy though, as I am usually reading through pages of stuff I have already read.
Modern Technology eh!  Bloody clever those Japanese!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

ToodlesMcToot

Well, that didn't take too long.

https://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2018/01/31/aloha-caps-headed-hawaii-first-preseason-fixtures-2018

Vancouver Whitecaps FC depart for the Aloha State on Wednesday night for a 10-day training camp that will include their first preseason fixtures of 2018.

The 'Caps will face Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo of the Japanese first division in a pre-tournament friendly on Tuesday, February 6 before opening the first-annual Pacific Rim Cup on Thursday, February 8 against Fukushima Prefectural Football League side Iwaki FC.

Carl Robinson's side will then face either Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo again or Columbus Crew SC in the championship or third-place match on Saturday, February 10 before returning to Vancouver. Stay tuned to whitecapsfc.com and follow us on Twitter and Facebook for coverage.

"It'll be exactly like Wales," joked Robinson in reference to last year's preseason trip. "No, it will be slightly different. I like to change things up ... if you go to the same environment, same venue, day in day out every year, players get comfortable. And I don't like players getting comfortable. I like to challenge them. We'll go to Hawaii, yeah it's warm, but it won't be easy."

It certainly hasn't been easy thus far.

"During these double days, we've been pushing hard," said new Whitecaps FC goalkeeper Brian Rowe. "They've been long days. We've been having some intrasquad scrimmages, but I think being able to challenge ourselves, get our 11 guys out there, play a full size game against another team will give us a good marker of where we're at and what we can improve on."

A total of 35 players will make the trip to Hawaii with Whitecaps FC, including training camp invitees Mark Bloom, David Edgar, Brandon Kerr, Isaiah Hudson, and Yohan Mollo, a 28-year-old French winger who most recently spent time with Fulham FC of the English Football League Championship. Unsigned SuperDraft selections Justin Fiddes and Lucas Stauffer and Whitecaps FC Residency players Jefferson Alade, Simon Colyn, Thomas Hasal, and Jake Ruby will also make the trip.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Tabby

If Mollo is finding a new club this quick, we likely didn't pay that much for the termination of the contract.

cmg

Poor old Mollo. How quickly can the fortunes of pro footballers slump. One day he has Motspur Park and the delights of West Barnes Lane; the next he is faced with Hawaii and Waimea Bay.
Mind you, I notice a match in Fukushima on the itinerary. Might swerve that one. No floodlights required.

alexmur

Quote from: river phoenix on February 01, 2018, 11:27:15 AM

Yes, he was a backup to Gayle because Rafa for some unknown reason don`t like him, even though majority of Newcastle fans think he was their best striker.
Rafa doesn't like him because he got sent off twice

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

cmg

Former Fulham favourite is happy with his first morning's work at his new club.

"The players say their boots have never been cleaner," said Chris, "I hope to make a start on the changing rooms after a hearty lunch."

fulhamben

Quote from: alexmur on February 01, 2018, 03:36:40 PM
Quote from: river phoenix on February 01, 2018, 11:27:15 AM

Rafa doesn't like him because he got sent off twice

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I can get that, no one likes a liability. Let's hoped he has learned from his mistakes. Although hasn't Shelvey been sent off loads of times?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bobby01

Quote from: cmg on February 01, 2018, 03:49:50 PM

Former Fulham favourite is happy with his first morning's work at his new club.

"The players say their boots have never been cleaner," said Chris, "I hope to make a start on the changing rooms after a hearty lunch."

064.gif
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 01, 2018, 01:35:10 PM
Quote from: Twig on February 01, 2018, 09:32:01 AM
Just realised, at the bottom of each page is the option to "go up", is that what we are going to do?
I only realised yesterday that if you click the 'NEW' button, it takes you to the 1st message since you last read it!!
How does it know??
Very handy though, as I am usually reading through pages of stuff I have already read.
Modern Technology eh!  Bloody clever those Japanese!
COYW

Same happened to me when I read " War and Peace ".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

kiwian

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Fernhurst

Why is this thread still running  :005:

Don't think people want it "to pass away"

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.