more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Espanyol line up Fulham's Jokanovic

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 18, 2017, 01:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Espanyol line up Fulham's Jokanovic?

Espanyol are considering an approach for Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic amid increasing speculation on Quique Sanchez Flores's future at the club.

The Catalan club threw away a two-goal lead on Sunday against Las Palmas to draw 2-2 and leave them 16th in the standings, five points above the relegation zone.

A report in El Mundo Deportivo now states that whilst the Catalan club are not willing to dismiss Sanchez Flores at the moment, they are making provision plans should the situation not improve.

Fulham, who sit 12th in the Championship, are Jokanovic's seventh club as manager with previous stints in charge of Maccabi Tel Aviv – where Pako Ayestaran was his assistant – and Watford, where Sanchez Flores also previously managed.

Jokanovic previously played in Spain with Real Oviedo, Tenerife and Deportivo La Coruna.

http://www.football-espana.net/68976/espanyol-line-fulhams-jokanovic

Riversider

Marcel_Gecov

Could we then get Quique Sanchez Flores?

davew

An early and very welcome Christmas present!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on December 18, 2017, 01:46:13 PM
Oh well
You seem not too bothered if he left?
Its interesting that there have been two twitter polls (A thousand votes between them) over last 24 hours and both give an overwhelming verdict (75% & 81%) that they want Joka to stay in place and they would not sack him.
Just the views of a long term fan

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: MJG on December 18, 2017, 03:21:51 PM
Oh well
Its interesting that there have been two twitter polls (A thousand votes between them) over last 24 hours and both give an overwhelming verdict (75% & 81%) that they want Joka to stay in place and they would not sack him.

I think people recognise that it has been a struggle for him this season and we need to give him to the end of this season and see where we are. I just wrote on another thread about the need to grow for next year and I think it's fair to give Joka that opportunity.

I do like sanchez though. Also would have worked under a similar transfer system at Watford.

Twig

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on December 18, 2017, 03:27:21 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 18, 2017, 03:21:51 PM
Oh well

I think people recognise that it has been a struggle for him this season and we need to give him to the end of this season and see where we are. I just wrote on another thread about the need to grow for next year and I think it's fair to give Joka that opportunity.

I do like sanchez though. Also would have worked under a similar transfer system at Watford.

Think that about sums it up.

Woolly Mammoth

I am caught between the two. Half of me that's about 50%, tells me, now that Kline has gone, will Jok be able to run the show on the pitch without interference, and has he targeted the right players to bring in, if any. Maybe we would be better off keeping things stable and let him build his team not anyone else's. Rather than changing the manager halfway through the season and maybe even go further backwards, as the current players are not his either
Then again, the other half of me around 50% then reminds me, of Joks bizarre team selections, his game management, his substitutions that generally happen after the horse has bolted.
His habit of continuing to play square pegs in round holes
He appears to lack emotion, passion, motivation, does that rub off on the players.
I get the impression that not every player makes the right effort to play for him.
I fear that his communication skills are lacking.
There is also a stubbornness about him which I am not sure if that's good or bad.
One of my biggest concerns is that I am not sure he can attract the quality players, that other managers can, and that for me is a huge worry.
His system of play is too rigid for comfort, and he is digging a hole for himself, he is not playing to some players strengths, and that is to the detriment of the team.
Our League position shows me that Jok who overseas the team in training and on the pitch in matches, and with only 7 wins in 22 is losing the battle.
We are currently not heading in the right direction.
So I am just glad I haven't got to make the decision,
But Jok better start getting his judgement right far more often than not from now on.
Because this inconsistency on the field of play, and watching the team and Jok appear to make the same errors of judgement with the same post match excuses every time we lose or draw, and when we do win, it's more often than not by the skin of our teeth.
Therefore it's a must do better half term report.
But I am extremely disappointed with him and Khan Junior and the rest of the recruiting dept, as they are so far failing miserably, and Jok and the rest of them are running out of credibility very quickly at our expense.
Nevertheless it doesn't do any harm to monitor who else is out there, because the time could come sooner rather than later, and you have to have a back up plan if issues are taken out of the clubs hands.
The other concern is that I have no confidence with the Chairman/Owner or his team to be able to resolve any issues with the best solution.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rvFFC

It's got to the point where I wouldn't be to bothered if he went, he keeps making the same mistakes and doesn't seem to motivate the team anymore.

S.F.Sorrow

Sadly I've reached the point where I think any person stupid enough to want the job under the current regime would be a basket case. Sort of a backwards catch 22.

Bascially, I would prefer Jokanovic to stay because I can't see a better "head coach" wanting the job.

YoungsBitter

I think Woolly has just about summed up all the arguments for and against and at this time its really about how frustrated do you feel or not by his lack of progress and how much do you attribute to him and how much to other factors. The ability to find a good replacement - IN A TIMELY FASHION - would be my biggest concern about him going. We are 12 days off the transfer window and we would go through the whole "not my team" problem unless the manager has at least some say in that.
I tend to dismiss these kind of rumours, however I have to believe the one place Joka would be interested in moving to would be Spain as his wife and kids live there and Barcelona is not a bad place to live....
Quark, strangeness and charm

davew

Woolly, so half of you questions whether Joka would be allowed to run the team without interference, you must know the answer to that 1, the other half of you questions Joka's ability to make sensible team selections and you have answered that 1, so in summary if you add the 2 halves together for the good of FFC he has to go!!

@jolslover

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on December 18, 2017, 03:03:45 PM
Could we then get Quique Sanchez Flores?

I would love this, Rate him very highly.
I like Joka though aswell. Not Joka out by any means but we are definitely underachieving.
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 18, 2017, 05:19:24 PM
Woolly, so half of you questions whether Joka would be allowed to run the team without interference, you must know the answer to that 1, the other half of you questions Joka's ability to make sensible team selections and you have answered that 1, so in summary if you add the 2 halves together for the good of FFC he has to go!!

Yes your right, I shall come clean, on reflection 49% was my heart ruling my head, and another 49% was my head ruling my heart, and the remaining 2% I had left in reserve was what I have saved up from his lack of leadership from the Technical Area.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 18, 2017, 05:55:29 PM

Yes your right, 50% was my heart ruling my head, and the other 50% was my head ruling my heart.

You missed out the percentage of Rum you were drinking when you typed it..lol

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 18, 2017, 06:03:15 PM

Yes your right, 50% was my heart ruling my head, and the other 50% was my head ruling my heart.

And the strength of it which I guess was 50% proof!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 18, 2017, 06:03:15 PM

Yes when I regained consciousness, it felt like it was 100% proof alcohol.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Woolly has just about covered every blade of grass but you know I am still not sure if Joka should go or stay.
I think we have to keep reviewing the situation every time a manager with a good record becomes available'

WE must ensure Joka has full control of team and transfer matters but the difficult immediate dilema is what sort of transfer budget he is to be given for the winter window.

Baszab

Good bye - and hurry up so we can find a motivator for the second half of the season

Nero

Quote from: filham on December 18, 2017, 06:23:28 PM
Woolly has just about covered every blade of grass but you know I am still not sure if Joka should go or stay.
I think we have to keep reviewing the situation every time a manager with a good record becomes available'

WE must ensure Joka has full control of team and transfer matters but the difficult immediate dilema is what sort of transfer budget he is to be given for the winter window.

So we give Joka control of transfers will that stop him putting wrong pegs in square holes?