watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, December 22, 2017, 07:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

We are on the brink of a goal drought and surely Jocanovic has to do something to put some spark into our attack.

Perhaps, drop Fonte, forget the withdrawn striker and move Sess. up  to the wide left position.

Just hope he doesn't wait until half time for these changes we need to see Fulham going for Barnsey from the start.

@jolslover

Bettinelli, Fredericks Kalas Ream Odoi, Mcdonald Norwood Cairney, Ojo Fonte Sessesgnon for me.
STH H3

Matt10

4-1-2-3, no False-9

Betts
Fredericks     Kalas     Ream     Odoi
                      McDonald
              Cairney       Norwood
         Ojo         Fonte      Sess       

MrD1879

Quote from: Matt10 on December 22, 2017, 08:15:06 PM
4-1-2-3, no False-9

Betts
                      McDonald
              Cairney       Norwood
         Ojo         Fonte      Sess       

Swap Fonte for Kamara for me. We all know that we 'll end up with sess at lb and a false 9 of Tim Ream with Djalo at number 10

grandad

No way should Fonte be given a start. Front 3 of Ojo, Ayite if fit or Kamara & Sess.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Andyb

Betts is definitely in goal tomorrow

YoungsBitter

This is probably what he picks:
                         Betts
Fredericks     Kalas     Ream     Sess
                      McDonald
              Cairney       Norwood
         Ojo         Fonte      Johansson

What I would like is:

Betts
                      McDonald
              Cairney       Johansson
         Ojo         Kamara      Sess   
Quark, strangeness and charm

davew

Quote from: YoungsBitter on December 22, 2017, 08:46:27 PM
                         Betts
                      McDonald
              Cairney       Norwood

What I would like is:

Betts
                      McDonald
              Cairney       Johansson
It won't happen!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 22, 2017, 08:50:05 PM
Quote from: YoungsBitter on December 22, 2017, 08:46:27 PM
                         Betts
                      McDonald
              Cairney       Norwood

What I would like is:

Betts
                      McDonald
              Cairney       Johansson
It won't happen!!!!

I have to admit that it probably won't happen and that is why we will not function 100%
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

Goodness we have some negativity amuck don't we. I know it balances things out, but I'm generally optimistic. All I want is no False-9 and will be happy.

davew

Quote from: Matt10 on December 22, 2017, 09:23:34 PM
Goodness we have some negativity amuck don't we. I know it balances things out, but I'm generally optimistic. All I want is no False-9 and will be happy.
Of course we do Matt, some of us have really had enough now!! Although us long term FFC supporters (50 years or more) realise that supporting our club is like watching the rise and fall of Reggie Perrin (you might have to look up what that refers to), it is fair to assume that we were all expecting a far better season than what we have achieved so far! It will take a lot more than not playing a false number 9 to turn things around! You are generally optimistic and why not, but even reading some of your recent posts I have detected that you too have become slightly disillusioned....another 40 years and you will probably be like me!!

Woolly Mammoth

If I was a battery I would be positive.
You are far too easily pleased. If all you wish for is no false number 9.
Let us take a step back and think. The Kline debacle, his best mate Khan Junior who got him the job, and gave him a licence to run amok, the Stats dept, the recruiting dept, the Chairman waiting to sell a player so he can upgrade and replenish his Yacht.
I haven't even got round to mentioning Gladys the Tea Lady.
Not forgetting Jok, the only professional football person amongst them.
Yet for some reason or other he has abandoned all logic, with his odd team selections, players out of position, in other words triangle pegs in oblong holes.
Hardly any of the new recruits starting regularly, or even making the bench, which either shows they are not good enough, or Jok isn't.
Then it's the pretend number number 6 shirt which is upside down making you think it's a false number 9, who made that up. Because you couldn't make it up.
You can have a false leg, or a false number plate, but a false number 9, it doesn't sound right, because it isn't, yet people discuss as though we have just reinvented the wheel.
Our Academy players are better than a lot of these signings.
Well I know Jok is or was better, but having to work with the amateurs behind the scenes has loosened his ability to think straight.
But despite these plaundits for Jok, there is not much excuse for his lack of ability to motivate and make positive decisions during a match, like sending on a sub before the horse bolts.
It's hard enough looking at the team sheet each week. Then having to watch Fulham spoil our weekend by fluffing their lines.
If a player is having a bad game, he can at least run around. Some don't even want to do that.
There is nothing negative about it, it's just reality.
Have a Merry Christmas.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 22, 2017, 10:34:49 PM

So if you have studied applied maths, algebra or was it physics, 2 negatives make a positive, so us together not sure where we are now? Your prediction for tomorrow, as soon as I see the team selection I will make a posting providing everybody with an accurate prediction, everybody will get rich (lol).

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 22, 2017, 10:41:06 PM

So if you have studied applied maths, algebra or was it physics, 2 negatives make a positive, so us together not sure where we are now? Your prediction for tomorrow, as soon as I see the team selection I will make a posting providing everybody with an accurate prediction, everybody will get rich (lol).

I once studied the sleeping habits of an Ant Eater, does that count dave ?

Never forget your Roots.

twang

Bettinelli
Fredericks - Kalas - Ream - Odoi
Cairney - McDonald - Johansen
Ojo - Ayite - Sessegnon

Bench: Button, Djalo, Edun, Norwood, de la Torre, Kamara & Fonte

Matt10

Quote from: davew on December 22, 2017, 10:29:10 PM
Of course we do Matt, some of us have really had enough now!! Although us long term FFC supporters (50 years or more) realise that supporting our club is like watching the rise and fall of Reggie Perrin (you might have to look up what that refers to), it is fair to assume that we were all expecting a far better season than what we have achieved so far! It will take a lot more than not playing a false number 9 to turn things around! You are generally optimistic and why not, but even reading some of your recent posts I have detected that you too have become slightly disillusioned....another 40 years and you will probably be like me!!

Lol!

Fair point. I think my level of pessmism starts right after a poor result, and eventually brightens up towards matchday.

I don't think that's just a Fulham thing, that's just following sports/teams/clubs in general.

I do disagree that there is more that is needed. However, it's an argument I can't win because Reality vs Potential is always in favor of reality. I think if they play a False-9 it puts more pressure on our midfielders to score. I don't like that idea. I also don't like the idea of forcing a tactic because he can't let go of Johansen or Norwood. One of them has to be benched so we can play our 4-1-2-3 that was quite successful last year.

Eitherway, it's almost Matchday and my optimistim level is sky high. Hope to see you all on the match threads, it's too cold to golf!

JackHFFC1990

For me

Bettinelli
Fredericks Kalas Ream Odoi
                      McDonald
                 Cairney Norwood
Ojo                   Ayite         Sessegnon

Subs - Button Djalo Johansen Piazon Kebano Fonte Kamara

Facts Not Fiction

Bettinelli

Fredericks Kalas Ream Odoi Sessegnon

McDonald Norwood

Cairney

Ojo Kamara

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 22, 2017, 11:00:47 PM
Quote from: davew on December 22, 2017, 10:41:06 PM

I once studied the sleeping habits of an Ant Eater, does that count dave ?
Positively not!!!

bobby01

Quote from: Statto on December 23, 2017, 09:16:00 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 22, 2017, 08:00:05 PM

Bettinelli, Fredericks Kalas Ream Odoi, Mcdonald Norwood Cairney, Ojo Fonte Sessesgnon for me.

Agree
Seems to be almost everyone's choice with the only debate whether to start Fonte or Kamara

Kamara for me, for all his rawness and faults at least he tries his hardest to do something.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.