more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic press conference- calls out owner

Started by Cdempsey, January 04, 2018, 04:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

I think he's talking in hypotheticals:

Quote"I don't know, but probably if the coach doesn't trust that we are strong enough (but they feel we are), then probably an option that the club must be thinking about is sacking the coach and this can be a good option for the club."

He's discussing how one could look at the situation, and the options that are possible to the club overall. I think we're just being handed the option to blow it out of proportion and speculate/gossip like basketball wives or something.

..FOF..

Quote from: Matt10 on January 05, 2018, 12:20:15 AM
I think he's talking in hypotheticals:

Quote"I don't know, but probably if the coach doesn't trust that we are strong enough (but they feel we are), then probably an option that the club must be thinking about is sacking the coach and this can be a good option for the club."

He's discussing how one could look at the situation, and the options that are possible to the club overall. I think we're just being handed the option to blow it out of proportion and speculate/gossip like basketball wives or something.

I agree... we need to listen to his tone of voice to get the full picture.

Throwing tantrum and saying things in a matter of fact way are two very different approach.

When Warren Buffett wanted to invest in any company, one of his very important tenet is the CANDOUR of the CEO when things goes wrong previously.

SK, if he is really is a good businessman, would appreciate this... rather than someone who hides issues until it blows out badly.

In our case, Joka had prevented us from getting relegated again and rise to become playoff material with his candid approach.

Next after that, I think he did well to get Kline out to ensure that when we reach the playoff, we will have a better chance of promotion.

I am sensing he is doing this so that we are not only playoff material, but a TOP 2 automatic promotion material  :yay:

Slaphead in Qatar

If he did say this then not good news. Good job we don't have a league game for a while - the dust needs to settle.

Snibbo

If I have a problem at work with senior management, I either try to change things internally or walk away. Airing my grievances in the media would be a sackable offence. I can't help thinking that Slav is just making things worse by this public fighting. He's certainly not doing team morale any good, I wouldn't think. Is he a drama queen? Only a few weeks ago he said we had identified targets and would be making early signings. Why did he say that? Was he misled. I'd walk away in that situation. Is he just trying to get sacked so he gets paid off?

This is not denying that things may be terminally f****d up within the club. I just don't think Slav is going about resolving it the right way.

Answers to all of the above of course "None of us knows". And maybe the spat is just a media blow up.

..FOF..

He is not equivalent to just a worker.

He is equivalent to a CEO in a company, the rest above him is the board of directors.

The CEO have to convey message to their shareholders, it is usually called an annual general meeting.

Joka have to convey the message to the fans, through the media which is keeping the club afloat.

I doubt he is throwing a tantrum, the tone seems that he is explaining the cause and effect in a firm manner only.

RaySmith

Yes, it is confusing, and doesn't can't help the morale of the team, and certainly doesn't help that of us fans, who are just starting to feel optimistic, after some great results, again.

Snibbo

Quote from: ..FOF.. on January 05, 2018, 06:33:13 AM
He is not equivalent to just a worker.

He is equivalent to a CEO in a company, the rest above him is the board of directors.

The CEO have to convey message to their shareholders, it is usually called an annual general meeting.

Joka have to convey the message to the fans, through the media which is keeping the club afloat.

I doubt he is throwing a tantrum, the tone seems that he is explaining the cause and effect in a firm manner only.
A CEO, a coach, a manager. He is still an employee. We are not the shareholders, we are the paying customers, even though we have a big emotional stake in the club. He doesn't HAVE to go through the media at all. That's his choice. In other businesses, he'd be sacked for that.

..FOF..

Of course he can be sacked, any CEO can be sacked... the owner can be overthrown, etc etc etc....

His job scope needs him to speak to the media and convey messages to the fan, just like a CEO.

I remembered previously a lot of people were complaining about not knowing what was going on in the earlier days of Sahid Khan :)

Joka cannot satisfy everybody, he can just do what is in his job scope and talking to the media is one of them.

What do you expect him to do in a PRESS CONFERENCE? Just stare the walls?

If he can't speak, the fans can lobby for him not to be at the press conference. Makes sense?

Woolly Mammoth

I don't know where people think that Jok had a tantrum or threw his toys out of the pram. In his Interview he was calm and collected and his voice was never raised. This was no outburst.
So what a load of Cobblers to say he is out of order based on the manner of his answers.
Yes his English is poor, and not really good enough to talk about so much, as what he may mean can be lost in translation. His English should be better than that by now.
But apart from that, he seems to be getting unnecessary flak from some quarters.
If he is getting fed up and walks, we are in a bit of a pickle. He is not the problem. It's the Khans, they have always been the problem from day one.
For all we know Jok discussed this privately with the phoney stats and recruitment department, and got rebuffed and knocked back telling him to know his place, while they continue their buffoonery.
After all, why shouldn't he choose his players and if he says we need a CB a LB a CF and a GK, then that's what we need, he is the Football Professional, Khan and co are just a load of pen pushers. I wouldn't trust them to mow my lawn and feed my goldfish, let alone tell me we don't need anymore players as we are quite capable of getting promoted with what we have.
Have they ever visited the planet Earth.
No wonder Jok seems to be frustrated and fed up.
If he left, then does anyone think that there is going to be queue of capable managers outside Craven Cottage wanting to work under this regime, I doubt it.
There will be a far bigger queue not wanting the job.
The silence from the Khans as usual is deafening.
This whole episode is a stench in the nostrils of honest men.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MrD1879

I'd state money on the fact the Khans couldn't currently give a  079.gif about us as their beloved Jags are in their first playoff game for 10 years on Sunday and they are going bonkers which promotion. Anyone fancy a teal coloured burger? Or teal tacos?

Fulham Tup North

As Woolly has said, it appears that he is just saying it as it is!
We are finally having a decent season, some great football and plenty of goals. If Joka feels he needs additions to make the squad stronger, I for one would listen to him. This lack of ambition has stifled Fulham since the MAF days. It was the reason Mark Hughes walked away and once again Fulham are trying to get promoted ' On the Cheap'.  As I have said previously, I would rather keep Slavisa than some sycophant who is only interested in sucking up to Khan whilst we stay routed to the Championship for another ten years. It is about time that Khan put his money where his mouth is and proved that he is serious about Fulham FC and us getting promoted.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Berserker

I wish he wouldn't act like this publically to the press. The team had started to gel and get results, then Slav does this. Must upset the players and dressing room. Slav would know this sort of ranting would unsettle the team, seems to me he wants to throw a spanner in the works.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Berserker on January 05, 2018, 08:01:21 AM
I wish he wouldn't act like this publically to the press. The team had started to gel and get results, then Slav does this. Must upset the players and dressing room. Slav would know this sort of ranting would unsettle the team, seems to me he wants to throw a spanner in the works.

0001.jpeg

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Statto on January 05, 2018, 01:11:16 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on January 04, 2018, 10:45:37 PM
This may be a clue as to why he doesn't stay more than two years anywhere. Accurate or not, he is a bit of a petulant child.
What is this, his third or fourth temper tantrum since he's been here?

You might be right if he'd screamed and stamped his feet while shouting this stuff and and flapping his arms.

However based on his general personal style, I imagine he sat there and said it calmly, as a direct and honest answer to a question from the journo.

He seems to me a typically straight-talking, no-nonsense Eastern European. I encounter his sort in the Costa coffee shop every day. Like the staff in Costa, I don't suppose he cares much for quirky British conventions such as smiling and politeness. He probably just says what he thinks.

And at the end of the day, there's nothing particularly unreasonable or offensive in his comments here.

I agree with both of the above thoughts but I'd like to add the following.

What if Tom Cairney had said something equally explosive aimed at Joka's team selections for instance. How would we view that? Regardless of cultural differences, he's been involved in English football to know how it works. If he's frustrated he can offer his resignation. He'll know his record will open doors. Wanting his contract paid up as well is a bit rich. If he's successful in getting his way then it will be the players next. Didn't we experience that with McCormack?
Then there's the board and Chairman. They've said nothing. We had a system in place for player recruitment up till the summer it kind of worked ok. The club did well financially and on the pitch. A revamped planning app has just gone in. From what we hear from the Supporters Trust, the club seem to be acting in a responsible and a fairly transparent way but they're getting all the stick?
As others have said Joka's the best we've had since Roy and arguably could surpass Roy's record but this episode has left me feeling a bit let down by our manager.

toshes mate

The nearest we supporters get to the real Jokanovic is what we see in the technical area on matchdays, in training videos, in media conferences etc., and yet do we see him ever have a tantrum, rush out screaming and shouting at a referee, throwing his toys out of his pram in the Martin style?  No, we do not. 

He wasn't an excitable player either.  He is not a petulant child.  He isn't a lazy worker.  He isn't someone spoiling for a fight.  He isn't a dark force at work in Fulham FC.  He wasn't the bad guy at Watford.  He isn't the bad guy now.  Jokanovic is the worker who just told his bosses that the promises keep coming but are never kept and he (Jokanovic) isn't about to become the fall guy for what goes wrong at Fulham.

The Fulham board had better make an official announcement about transfers to all their fans, home and abroad, before Saturday's game if they know what is good for this football club.  Either that or they sack Jokanovic and admit to the fans they are running the Club down.

hovewhite

Strange stance from the Khan's this, understand slavs comments as he's ambitious for the club and himself.
Fair play for saying how he feels.

The Old Count

This is fake news. Take it with a pinch of salt.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: toshes mate on January 05, 2018, 08:47:08 AM
The nearest we supporters get to the real Jokanovic is what we see in the technical area on matchdays, in training videos, in media conferences etc., and yet do we see him ever have a tantrum, rush out screaming and shouting at a referee, throwing his toys out of his pram in the Martin style?  No, we do not. 

He wasn't an excitable player either.  He is not a petulant child.  He isn't a lazy worker.  He isn't someone spoiling for a fight.  He isn't a dark force at work in Fulham FC.  He wasn't the bad guy at Watford.  He isn't the bad guy now.  Jokanovic is the worker who just told his bosses that the promises keep coming but are never kept and he (Jokanovic) isn't about to become the fall guy for what goes wrong at Fulham.

The Fulham board had better make an official announcement about transfers to all their fans, home and abroad, before Saturday's game if they know what is good for this football club.  Either that or they sack Jokanovic and admit to the fans they are running the Club down.

Hear, hear!

I'm absolutely staggered that some fans are jumping on Joka and siding with the Khans. It's very clear what has happened and Joka is putting himself on the chopping block to try and force the owners hands into doing what we ALL KNOW is needed this month (and what they promised, directly to the FST, no less) and to strengthen the positions needed.

He's not only the best manager we've had since Roy (with the potential to eclipse) but he's also there sacrificing himself in the hope of getting what he was promised and what we need. We are so close to promotion. It's lunacy for them not to back him. If we don't go up this year Sess, Cairney, Johansen and others will all go. So a). we will fall apart again and b). that money would cover what was spent this month if we don't go up.

Also, bear in mind, if we don't go up, who gets the blame? Joka. Fair? Not really. How would you feel if your boss asked you to carry out your job with on hand tied behind your back and then you were blamed by all and sundry when you couldn't meet your targets?

Honestly, I give up... This is the same reason some working class end up voting Tory... completely blind and easily sold lies.

COYW

thebumponleroyshead

The last two posts are the most succinct and reasonable on this thread, to say there is an option to remove somebody of their services is as candid as saying we all die, get over the emotional reading between the lines filling in the blanks panic. He's Serbian he doesn't do fake gratuitous English pleasantries. Iron curtain stoicism nothing more. I live in Sweden they have a similar direct approach with no loaded hidden sarcastic hooks.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Snibbo

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on January 05, 2018, 08:06:16 AM
Quote from: Berserker on January 05, 2018, 08:01:21 AM

0001.jpeg
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg