watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pathetic negative posts on here tonight

Started by The Old Count, May 11, 2018, 10:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Slagging players off, blaming the manager.  Terrible overreaction.

It's half time and we're 0- 1 down.

SP

I think the tie is still very evenly balanced.  The bookies offering 8/13 on FFC & 4/1 Derby for Monday night.

:plus one:

bill taylors apprentice

Of course we are all disappointed but there are some cretins on here who can only bitch when things don't go their way.

I can't imagine what some of these people are like in a real crisis!

JoelH5

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 11, 2018, 10:04:12 PM
Of course we are all disappointed but there are some cretins on here who can only bitch when things don't go their way.

Getting personal again mate haha.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Mince n Tatties

I'm in a real crisis now,I'm locked in the shed..Help

..FOF..

I don't think there is much outright negativity.

Most of them are looking for solutions and answers.

Think of it that we are positive that we have a good bench to replace a certain player.

Also, we are interested in those short corners and positive that the coach can do something about it :)

HV71

It was bad enough last weekend- it is going to be worse this weekend. I think I won't bother looking it makes me so sad

grandad

Apart from their 1 goal they had no other shots on target. They were the home side. We had 13 shots with 2 on target plus K Mac hitting the bar. I think we did well enough to give us a great chance on Monday. The tie is still in our own hands.
Where there's a will there's a wife

KJS

Half time 1-0 down all to play for its our job to get the Cottage rocking coyw

Rambler

Quote from: ..FOF.. on May 11, 2018, 10:06:31 PM
I don't think there is much outright negativity.

Most of them are looking for solutions and answers.

Think of it that we are positive that we have a good bench to replace a certain player.
Also, we are interested in those short corners and positive that the coach can do something about it :)

Agree. Think it's very easy for the above posters to accuse other posters of slagging off the players and being negative but that's very short sighted. The majority of posts are trying to offer up solutions to the very clear problems we have.
The problems have been going on for long before the last 2 games. Will someone tell me when we had the last decent first half?
I think we've been second best in the first half for each of the last 5-6 games (including reading even though we were 1-0 up). Problem.
We must start on the front foot on monday, there is no way we can be second beat again in the first half on a Monday and hope To go through

JoelH5

Quote from: grandad on May 11, 2018, 10:09:51 PM
Apart from their 1 goal they had no other shots on target. They were the home side. We had 13 shots with 2 on target plus K Mac hitting the bar. I think we did well enough to give us a great chance on Monday. The tie is still in our own hands.

We are still in it very much so but we just need to have a plan against teams who defend like this. We can't rely on luck giving us an opportunity. Who knows, maybe take more long shots? That's the only time we nearly scored
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Logicalman

Crisis? What Crisis?

We played negative in the first half, we were beaten tactically, we improved second half but could not get back on even terms, but at least we took every corner as a short one, that was a tactic that they (or anyone) didn't see coming.

Crisis? Nah, that will only happen if we maintain the same negativity on Monday and fail to change our tactics.

Slav, i trust him, i don't maintain that same level of trust in some of the players unfortunately, i'm sorry to say.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Woolly Mammoth

An early goal for Fulham on Monday will work wonders. But the longer the game wears on without scoring the more frustration and they will defend like Tigers.
Also how much of tonight's duel has it taken out of Derby, they are older, it's a short recovery time, tonight's match may have taken its toll on Derby, and after all it's a narrow lead.
But they still have the upper hand but only just.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cookieg

Quote from: KJS on May 11, 2018, 10:10:26 PM
Half time 1-0 down all to play for its our job to get the Cottage rocking coyw

Lets hope that that was our bad half.

Mullers OG

I wish all those who are slagging off the team and/or the manager would just wait until after Monday.  We are 1-0 down with the home leg to play.  It may not be ideal but it is far from disastrous.  Derby played very well, especially in the first half.  Whether they can play that well again may be questionable.

If we go down on Monday and don't show some real hunger and desire then people can have a go.  This isn't the time.

There are certainly one or two who look tired.  If they are then the manager can bring in some new faces.  The bench is far stronger than in recent years.  Time for Fonte and Christie to shine. 

bahay18

i think you put that down as one of those nights , if macdonald's shot goes in we would have run them over . We weren't great but neither were derby . their tactic was to get the ball forward quickly when we lost it . we have to score early in the second leg to get them to come out. i can't believe they will get away with 90 mins at the cottage of last ditch defending . for some to say we aren't good enough after going half a season unbeaten is a little harsh . are these people saying that derby are a better team ? the league table doesn't lie , just need to brave on monday night .

cookieg

Quote from: Statto on May 11, 2018, 10:34:36 PM
Quote from: Mullers OG on May 11, 2018, 10:32:05 PM
Time for Fonte... to shine. 

If Fonte comes on we may as well leave

Well he can't do any worse........can he??

The Rock

I posted a few negative posts. I am constructive in my thoughts. One might argue we took one chance and should have taken many more. One might argue short corners 100% of the time are ineffective. One might argue we didn't turn up tonight. These are valid arguments. Don't complain, I'm not. Final judgment shouldn't be made until Monday. On the night, these are valid posts.

Lighthouse

It just makes me amazed that all the many posters who used to slag us negative or realistic posters off are now the ones crying at a close 1-0 first leg defeat. Have they not watched us play football before under the present coach? We approached the game as we do most first half of most matches. Our build up play in the final third is slow and then in the second half of matches we try and step it up.

I know we have not hit great form over the last two matches. But hitting the bar and missing the best chance in the game by Ayite against a team who has hit form at the right time is not quite the disaster some are making out. In future I suggest the positive fans should start to think realistically and realise the tie isn't over. Plenty of time to attack the club and coach after the next game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Facts Not Fiction

We had no pressure for 23 games. Last 2 games, with pressure, have come hopeless performances.

What is the point in that run, if we aren't going to go up. The negativity is justified.