more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WORLD CUP THREAD

Started by Maidstone Lee, June 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch

Quote from: Milo on July 04, 2018, 10:27:22 AM
The diving extravagantly is clearly embarrassing when slowed down in front of 18m Brits let alone the 100m watching around the world etc etc. However this is merely an indication of how when players don't go down then decisions aren't given! We've all seen the penalties not given when strikers stay on their feet.. you don't get any reward for honesty in this game.

I actually seem to remember Henderson then head butting someone himself later in the game. Then he missed a penalty. Actually all round when the going got tough he seemed to disappear and not want the ball. Personally I was not impressed by him at all tonight and wish we had an alternative but I believe Delph flew home.

Delph only flew home for a few days didn't he? It was for a birth. I thought he was there last night?

EDIT - Checked, and you're right. He wasn't with the squad. Surprised by that.

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: gezkc on July 03, 2018, 11:56:32 PM
Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on July 03, 2018, 10:33:08 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on July 03, 2018, 10:27:29 PM
Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on July 03, 2018, 10:24:20 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on July 03, 2018, 10:19:24 PM
Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on July 03, 2018, 10:14:07 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 03, 2018, 10:08:19 PM
Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on July 03, 2018, 10:03:53 PM
Quote from: gezkc on July 03, 2018, 08:01:31 PM
Good half from England.
Colombia should be down to 10 men though. Can't understand why that headbutt in the line only warranted a yellow card!
Behave, that was never a red!

Definitely a Red Card, but it doesn't matter cause we dumped a bunch of cheats out of the World Cup. Nobody is gonna miss them.

you're having a laugh. Bunch of pussies.

the difference between Belgium/Japan and england/colombia regarding play acting and fouls was immense.

Are all the pundits and ex refs pussies? It was a red card, deal with it. Maybe you're not English but the majority of us are and we're bloody happy. This never happens to us so how about let us enjoy it?

Eh? Piss of hahahaha

Classy post. I'll enjoy the victory even more knowing it's made you this upset. Good night!

It's not, I was just saying both sets of players were acting like children in compared to the Belgian or Japanse players, that's all.

Judging by your poor command of the language and strange denial of a clear headbutt, I'm assuming you're not English and your comments are merely sour grapes.

England are through, and I hope whoever you support for the rest of the tournament do well too... until they meet us.

My apologies dude, I know i went a bit overboard, see you in the final (hopefully)

Twig

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on July 04, 2018, 10:50:38 AM
Quote from: gezkc on July 03, 2018, 11:56:32 PM
Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on July 03, 2018, 10:33:08 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on July 03, 2018, 10:27:29 PM
Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on July 03, 2018, 10:24:20 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on July 03, 2018, 10:19:24 PM
Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on July 03, 2018, 10:14:07 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 03, 2018, 10:08:19 PM
Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on July 03, 2018, 10:03:53 PM
Quote from: gezkc on July 03, 2018, 08:01:31 PM
Good half from England.
Colombia should be down to 10 men though. Can't understand why that headbutt in the line only warranted a yellow card!
Behave, that was never a red!

Definitely a Red Card, but it doesn't matter cause we dumped a bunch of cheats out of the World Cup. Nobody is gonna miss them.

you're having a laugh. Bunch of pussies.

the difference between Belgium/Japan and england/colombia regarding play acting and fouls was immense.

Are all the pundits and ex refs pussies? It was a red card, deal with it. Maybe you're not English but the majority of us are and we're bloody happy. This never happens to us so how about let us enjoy it?

Eh? Piss of hahahaha

Classy post. I'll enjoy the victory even more knowing it's made you this upset. Good night!

It's not, I was just saying both sets of players were acting like children in compared to the Belgian or Japanse players, that's all.

Judging by your poor command of the language and strange denial of a clear headbutt, I'm assuming you're not English and your comments are merely sour grapes.

England are through, and I hope whoever you support for the rest of the tournament do well too... until they meet us.

My apologies dude, I know i went a bit overboard, see you in the final (hopefully)

Actually you were a disgrace.

Twig

Quote from: PaulUMD on July 04, 2018, 03:00:27 AM
Geiger has a reputation in MLS for flashing cards and penalties and chaos, we call it the Geiger Show.  This game was already a mess because the Colombians turned it into the type of match we see in CONCACAF countries, diving all over, faking injuries, complaining about everything.  Then England began to match them to a degree. 

Credit to him, I think Geiger got the big decisions correct.  100% penalty.  Legit head butt but also lots of acting from Henderson, so I think a yellow was the right call.  And in the end, all those cards did calm the game down and the best spell of play from both sides was in the final 10 of regulation and much of the 30 in extra time. 

Anyway, well done to get off the penalties curse (hell, even the Spurs guys were 3-3!). 

Errr, are you saying it was only a yellow because Henderson made the most of it? Surely you know that has nothing whatsoever to do with which card should be awarded. It was clearly a deliberate head butt, that is violent conduct and therefore a red.

Tabby

Quote from: Twig on July 04, 2018, 11:58:17 AM
Quote from: PaulUMD on July 04, 2018, 03:00:27 AM
Geiger has a reputation in MLS for flashing cards and penalties and chaos, we call it the Geiger Show.  This game was already a mess because the Colombians turned it into the type of match we see in CONCACAF countries, diving all over, faking injuries, complaining about everything.  Then England began to match them to a degree. 

Credit to him, I think Geiger got the big decisions correct.  100% penalty.  Legit head butt but also lots of acting from Henderson, so I think a yellow was the right call.  And in the end, all those cards did calm the game down and the best spell of play from both sides was in the final 10 of regulation and much of the 30 in extra time. 

Anyway, well done to get off the penalties curse (hell, even the Spurs guys were 3-3!). 

Errr, are you saying it was only a yellow because Henderson made the most of it? Surely you know that has nothing whatsoever to do with which card should be awarded. It was clearly a deliberate head butt, that is violent conduct and therefore a red.

Layun should have gotten a red for deliberately stepping on Neymar as well, but everyone on here were just talking about what a disgrace Neymar is for rolling around after it. Layun ended up not even getting carded.

Exaggerating seems to be punished in this way this WC rather than handing out yellows.

love4ffc

My opinion.   Yes red card for stepping on Neymar.  Neymar though is still over the top, as is others, with their flopping rolling stupid acting reactions.   

Also thought the headbutt in the England game was a red card but that's just me. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

JoelH5

So did Henderson also make up the blood on his lip?! GTFO
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Tabby

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 04, 2018, 01:36:38 PM

I think he exaggerated his reaction if that is what you're asking. I still think it was a red card.

ron

Objectively, how could a head butt in a game of football be anything other than an instant red card?

Similarly, a player who spends three minutes arguing with a referee gives ample time for a yellow, a warning that if he carries on mouthing he will get a red, followed by the red.

We are heading in the direction of the old Saturday afternoon wrestling on itv, in fact complete with the grappling in the box and the total ineffectiveness of refereeing to stop transgressions. The trouble is that was only showbiz, this is meant to be a duignified world sport

YankeeJim

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 04, 2018, 01:36:38 PM

The head butt hit him in the chin area. When he fell down he was holding his eyes. Neymar style acting. The Colombian should have gotten a red for violent contact and Henderson a yellow for simulation.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

gurru991

Quote from: ron on July 04, 2018, 04:37:03 PM
Objectively, how could a head butt in a game of football be anything other than an instant red card?

Similarly, a player who spends three minutes arguing with a referee gives ample time for a yellow, a warning that if he carries on mouthing he will get a red, followed by the red.

We are heading in the direction of the old Saturday afternoon wrestling on itv, in fact complete with the grappling in the box and the total ineffectiveness of refereeing to stop transgressions. The trouble is that was only showbiz, this is meant to be a duignified world sport
I don't think that game was a good example of todays football as the refereeing was exceptionally weak. He allowed way more than a top drawer ref would ever accept .. A very poor example for US Football.

Tabby

What a howler from Muslera. Looks like the French are going through.

Nick Bateman

Mbappe of France is as bad as Neymar, France are the biggest diving team in the tournament.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Tabby on July 06, 2018, 04:21:15 PM
What a howler from Muslera. Looks like the French are going through.

Have to feel for the keeper when something like that happens. 
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

FulhamPHX

Dembele the Younger making an appearance.

Jeroen

Anyone any idea why referees don't book for simulating - it's the most annoying thing about this World Cup

EastEndWhite

Quote from: EastEndWhite on July 02, 2018, 09:02:09 PM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on June 30, 2018, 11:49:53 AM
Quote from: Twig on June 30, 2018, 11:09:25 AM
Quote from: Pud on June 29, 2018, 06:20:46 AM
I'm not optimistic about Tuesday's game and I think Colombia will be pleased that they are playing us and not Belgium.

I seriously doubt that.

It doesn't really matter because Belgium are going to win the World Cup.

Bit of a wobble but what a great winning goal.   :wine:

And another one bites the dust.   :wow:

YankeeJim

Guess we now have an all European final four. Really, final six. Looks like a Belgium V Croatia final to me. Sorry, but I look the look of the Croats. 
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Holders

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 06, 2018, 09:50:55 PM
Guess we now have an all European final four. Really, final six. Looks like a Belgium V Croatia final to me. Sorry, but I look the look of the Croats. 

Wouldn't disagree, actually but would like us to beat Sweden today.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HatterDon

Best of luck, England.

But Lingard? Really?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel