Main Menu

Some Aluko medical this week - 4 million

Started by Fernhurst, June 24, 2018, 12:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cmg on June 24, 2018, 12:30:02 PM
Quote from: Milo on June 24, 2018, 12:17:05 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 24, 2018, 11:16:25 AM
Have we forgotten the circumstances of his departure. His cryptic tweets about it someday coming out in a book. We didn't value him as highly as he valued himself. Rumours of a racism allegation as well. No chance of him coming back even if he was good enough for the premier league or young enough to improve. And he's neither anyway.

I think him and his sister are bad news. Likely wind each other up behind the scenes.

So we are signing Eni, too, are we? Juventus will be upset.
Still if you believe the stuff about Sone you might as well believe this too.

Intrigues me why you would think Eni Aluko is 'bad news'. Do you find the idea of an intelligent, articulate woman who is prepared to stick up for herself, her values and her beliefs, somehow disturbing?

and she has a sweet left foot.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 24, 2018, 05:17:49 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on June 24, 2018, 01:32:42 PM
"Intrigues me why you would think Eni Aluko is 'bad news'. Do you find the idea of an intelligent, articulate woman who is prepared to stick up for herself, her values and her beliefs, somehow disturbing?"

Absolutely agree CMG.

Her actions regarding the England set up may have cost the manager his job but in the end cost her her place in the England set up. While I will support her right to complain about comments or actions against her. The lack of support from many of her team mates could prove they were needless and petty.

Exactly. Like I imagine her teammates, I disagreed with Eni Aluko because of the way she handled the incident in the press and not because I thought she was wrong. I made it quite clear in the original thread I found the comments made against her inappropriate and unprofessional.

Unfortunately I doubt the three posters who made such fleeting comments about sexism on the previous page read those before their disappointing posts. A shame because I normally find those posters level headed and insightful.

Fulham Tup North

Why do so many threads on here go off OP onto stupid tangents???
I would love to have Sone Aluko back at Fulham.  He might not be a 1st eleven starter, but he will be a good 'squad' member.
He knows how we like to play and has pace.  Yes his final shot is somewhat wayward, but if we can get him to just pass it to Mitro......
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fernhurst

Exactly,,,,,,we were discussing Sone not his sister.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Nick Bateman

Sone Aluko is good for Fulham, I agree!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Lighthouse

I think if we are aiming for players like Aluko we are heading for a quick return to the Championship.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 24, 2018, 08:09:48 PM
I think if we are aiming for players like Aluko we are heading for a quick return to the Championship.
to be fair to sone I don't think he's played a full prem season starting,so as amazed as I am that this story is running with legs I loved watching him as he had a lot of assists and opposing players just weren't sure what he was going to do ,infact I don't think he knew as he seemed to play on instinct so  wouldn't mind if this happens.

Twig

Jury is out on this for me. At prem level a minor signing to bolster the squad (if it happens). Fine, but verging on the irrelevant.

hovewhite

Quote from: Twig on June 24, 2018, 09:51:37 PM
Jury is out on this for me. At prem level a minor signing to bolster the squad (if it happens). Fine, but verging on the irrelevant.
[/quote agree a budget squad bye money wise.

toshes mate

"Intrigues me why you would think Eni Aluko is 'bad news'. Do you find the idea of an intelligent, articulate woman who is prepared to stick up for herself, her values and her beliefs, somehow disturbing?"

Absolutely agree CMG.

Her actions regarding the England set up may have cost the manager his job but in the end cost her her place in the England set up. While I will support her right to complain about comments or actions against her. The lack of support from many of her team mates could prove they were needless and petty.
Numbers don't always prove anything, Lighthouse.  Only evidence and facts lead us to something resembling the truth.  Eni Aluko is a pretty strong advocate for facts, evidence and fair trials.

MrFFC

I really liked Aluko at Fulham was gutted when he left but now we are in the Premier League we must surely have better targets in mind. Joka liked Aluko so wouldn't shock me but I think we can do better although he was very good in a Fulham shirt
Come on you Whites!! :)

Lighthouse

Quote from: toshes mate on June 25, 2018, 07:29:58 AM

Absolutely agree CMG.

Numbers don't always prove anything, Lighthouse.  Only evidence and facts lead us to something resembling the truth.  Eni Aluko is a pretty strong advocate for facts, evidence and fair trials.

As we see on here every day. One mans truth is anothers poppycock. I may truly believe that Sone Aluko would be a step back and yet he may be a success. If I say something to you in banter and jest and you take it seriously and sue me. Then 'truth' becomes nothing more than opinion. Lawyers and legal teams have been making money off it for years.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bill2

I find this a bit odd. He left last year as we were not prepared to offer him a two year contract, so a year later we offer him a contract and pay £4mill. Not sure this stands up to any scrutiny, but hey ho have been wrong before.

fashion140

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 24, 2018, 04:57:51 PM
An "intelligent articulate woman" who cannot take a joke and plays the 'race card' to gain favour.

This is a disappointing comment from someone who doesnt know the ins and outs of the case. You sound like an EDL member  at best.

Maybe if you were still relevant comments like that could be the undoing of you. Alas, you are not.
Fulham till I die

Twig

Quote from: fashion140 on June 25, 2018, 07:32:49 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 24, 2018, 04:57:51 PM
An "intelligent articulate woman" who cannot take a joke and plays the 'race card' to gain favour.

This is a disappointing comment from someone who doesnt know the ins and outs of the case. You sound like an EDL member  at best.

Maybe if you were still relevant comments like that could be the undoing of you. Alas, you are not.

Have to say I agree with you on this.

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 25, 2018, 02:37:21 PM
As we see on here every day. One mans truth is anothers poppycock. I may truly believe that Sone Aluko would be a step back and yet he may be a success. If I say something to you in banter and jest and you take it seriously and sue me. Then 'truth' becomes nothing more than opinion. Lawyers and legal teams have been making money off it for years.
Sorry to see you really do not understand the difference between 'banter' and inappropriate or insensitive use of language which may be targeted at certain individuals but couldn't be used generally to others.  One episode may be put down to foolish error but when  repeated it becomes something entirely different.  Nobody should be targeted just because of some feature of their appearance or background or individuality they can do absolutely nothing about.  People in responsible jobs have a duty to act responsibly.  If you don't understand then you have a problem. 

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

The Rock

I liked Aluko, very specific player who worked well with us and perhaps not for others, regardless of league, even the EDL.

We barely have a starting 11 at the moment. 4m surely includes appearances and add ons. You know what you will get.

FFC1987

Boy, this thread escalated quickly.....4m for a player that's never really cut it in EPL and overall has barely lit up the championship is strange really. I'd place the question mark over the player, not the price tag considering current market though. You'd think we could invest/attract in better quality than Aluko now we're in the EPL. Saying this, if Slav wants him back, so be it, I trust him above all else.