Schwarzer Still Keen On Arsenal Move

Started by White Noise, October 04, 2010, 11:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 05, 2010, 05:24:59 PM
Quote from: White Noise on October 05, 2010, 10:42:38 AM
We know the 'Da Vinci Code' is true
jesus never got married,lol
Here we go again, don't you know when to stop?

Thank you and good night  :red:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

fulhamwannabe

LBNo11

...fulhamwannabe - I am not laughing, remember my 'probation' comment in the PM.. :046:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 05, 2010, 08:19:47 PM
...fulhamwannabe - I am not laughing, remember my 'probation' comment in the PM.. :046:
what probation?what did i do now then?if you want to ban me,you can do it while on probation or not can't you?
so what's the point?ah well,you're the boss sir

Peabody

If Mark wants to leave, if Mark said this, if Mark said that. Here we go again, jumping on a band wagon that no one knows for certain is true. I am afraid that too many of you beleive what the press say and too many of you forget what a hero was over the last two seasons. How can you make idiotic statements like "we dont want players who dont want us". You all have very short memories. Just remember, MS is a professional sportsman and as such will carry on doing his best for us. Especially if he does want to leave.

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: Peabody on October 05, 2010, 08:42:06 PM
Especially if he does want to leave.
but clearly,everybody sees that he wants to leave!!!

Peabody

That is different from saying he wants to leave because no one but MS knows the answer to that. And everybody is not MS.

fulhamwannabe

wanting to join another club in my opinion is wanting to leave the actual club you're in,or may be my english is getting a bit mixed up  :032:

Scrumpy

Quote from: Peabody on October 05, 2010, 08:42:06 PM
If Mark wants to leave, if Mark said this, if Mark said that. Here we go again, jumping on a band wagon that no one knows for certain is true. I am afraid that too many of you beleive what the press say and too many of you forget what a hero was over the last two seasons. How can you make idiotic statements like "we dont want players who dont want us". You all have very short memories. Just remember, MS is a professional sportsman and as such will carry on doing his best for us. Especially if he does want to leave.
Amen to that, Peabody.

Also, plenty of people have made the huge assumption that Schwarz refused to play recently when he had his alleged back problems. Personally, I think it is more likely that it was Mark Hughes' decision that he should not play while his future at The Club was in doubt. I can understand both viewpoints - but it would  be a shame if Schwarzer's image was tarnished by this episode. It was only last year that we were saying he was a better keeper than VDS.

A top  man and a top Keeper in my book. :045: :Sparkyticus:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

fulhamwannabe

Peabody

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 05, 2010, 09:01:37 PM
wanting to join another club in my opinion is wanting to leave the actual club you're in,or may be my english is getting a bit mixed up  :032:
And that is all any of this is peoples opinions, to which they are perfectly entitled to but that dont make it fact.

simplyfulham

To be honest Tom I ink your being pretty naive and idealistic about the shwarzer deal. (no disrespect Tom, yours isn't an uncommon view, but it's easier to address one person then many, I actually  appreciate all your efforts and posts here) 

You blame a 38 pro for wanting to ply his trade at a higher level. He won't get another chance, so when a team as massive as arsenal comes in he's obviously going to want to sign.  

Remember he didn't invite any interest in the summer, it was Arsenal who came after him. We asked for more money and arsenal weren't forthcoming until too late. If arsenal payed the fee we would of let him go by now I'm sure. But Schwarz understands all this, he's a pro. And if he does have champs league ambitions, then he needs to be playing well for arsenal to stay interested and for fulham to get the price he asked foe (rumoured to be 4mil)

Football is a profession now, the sentimentality you'd like to see him show and stay at he club for his whole career just doesn't exist! Remember he did turn down many offers to join us, including bayern munich so maybe you should be grateful we've had a keeper who is essentially above our station, for so long

TonyGilroy

I don't blame him for wanting to go to Arsenal. If he still has that ambition he needs to play well for us so we can't lose.

The reason he didn't go was mainly because Arsenal didn't give us time to find a replacement. Having rejected their offer they waited until the last minute to try to push the deal through.

If Arsenal really wanted him (or any other keeper) I don't understand why they didn't get things sorted early in the transfer window by paying the appropriate fee and giving the selling club ample time to find a replacement.

Peabody

I can understand people getting upset that one of our better players wants to play Champions League, I can also understand MS wanting to reach that level. What I cant understand is the name calling(Tom) that, imo is totally uncalled for. Perhaps its my generation, I dunno but let me take you back to Johnny Haynes days, when he was being courted by the Italian clubs, as you would expect, the press was doing their damnedest to make any move happen but did we, as Fulham fans start harrassing Johnny? no we did'nt and we fully understood his situation. Thankfully he stayed with us. What is my point? well you/we cannot influence a players decision as to whether he stays or goes but you can express your disappointment without name calling, surely.

Tom

Quote from: simplyfulham on October 06, 2010, 09:30:47 AM
To be honest Tom I ink your being pretty naive and idealistic about the shwarzer deal. (no disrespect Tom, yours isn't an uncommon view, but it's easier to address one person then many, I actually  appreciate all your efforts and posts here)

You blame a 38 pro for wanting to ply his trade at a higher level. He won't get another chance, so when a team as massive as arsenal comes in he's obviously going to want to sign.  

Remember he didn't invite any interest in the summer, it was Arsenal who came after him. We asked for more money and arsenal weren't forthcoming until too late. If arsenal payed the fee we would of let him go by now I'm sure. But Schwarz understands all this, he's a pro. And if he does have champs league ambitions, then he needs to be playing well for arsenal to stay interested and for fulham to get the price he asked foe (rumoured to be 4mil)

Football is a profession now, the sentimentality you'd like to see him show and stay at he club for his whole career just doesn't exist! Remember he did turn down many offers to join us, including bayern munich so maybe you should be grateful we've had a keeper who is essentially above our station, for so long
I don't blame him at all. If he wants to go, let him go. My simple point is that I want players here who want to play for Fulham and give Fulham 100% and not have there minds else where. But when someone doesn't want to be here, they usually don't give a 100% and there mind and body aren't always there and I think that has been pretty clear and a fair point. Do you not agree with that? If you owned a business, you would want someone to work for you that wants to be there and not someone who works for you not giving a 100% and talking about working for a different company. If you guys don't get that or see that, then I don't know what else to say.
Fulham for life!

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Tom on October 06, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

I don't blame him at all. If he wants to go, let him go. My simple point is that I want players here who want to play for Fulham and give Fulham 100% and not have there minds else where. But when someone doesn't want to be here, they usually don't give a 100% and there mind and body aren't always there and I think that has been pretty clear and a fair point. Do you not agree with that? If you owned a business, you would want someone to work for you that wants to be there and not someone who works for you not giving a 100% and talking about working for a different company. If you guys don't get that or see that, then I don't know what else to say.

How can you tell he is not 100% committed to playing well for Fulham because hes said he'd be open to exploring any offers? Hes just saying that if an offer comes from Arsenal (or anywhere else) he will consider it. He hasn't come out and had a go at Hughes or the club has he? I'm sure he will give 100% whilst at Fulham, and as long as he is, I will give him my support as I'm sure everyone else will.
FTID

Tom

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 06, 2010, 04:27:22 PM
Quote from: Tom on October 06, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

How can you tell he is not 100% committed to playing well for Fulham because hes said he'd be open to exploring any offers? Hes just saying that if an offer comes from Arsenal (or anywhere else) he will consider it. He hasn't come out and had a go at Hughes or the club has he? I'm sure he will give 100% whilst at Fulham, and as long as he is, I will give him my support as I'm sure everyone else will.
He has not played well this year at all. When there is smoke, there is usually fire my friends.
Fulham for life!

SmithyFFC

He has not played well this year at all.

Funny, we'd have lost to Everton without him, he made a couple of mistakes against Stoke and was beaten up by Blackburn. I think hes ok.
FTID

Tom

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 06, 2010, 04:34:23 PM

Funny, we'd have lost to Everton without him, he made a couple of mistakes against Stoke and was beaten up by Blackburn. I think hes ok.
Key word being ok. Last year he played very well and there was not talk of him leaving or being distracted by that.
Fulham for life!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Tom on October 06, 2010, 04:36:30 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 06, 2010, 04:34:23 PM

Key word being ok. Last year he played very well and there was not talk of him leaving or being distracted by that.

He has had two rough games against sides who notoriously target keepers. He is still the best keeper at the club. I would let him sign for Arsenal at the end of the season provided he puts a shift in for us this year, which I have no doubt he will do.

The interesting thing is that Arsenal have been quiet since the transfer deadline and it is the Aussie press kicking up a fuss by asking him his intentions every time he goes on international duty. I think the fact that Wenger refused to pay us £4m speaks volumes about how much they are ACTUALLY interested in Mark.