watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SJ contract rumour

Started by Barrett487, August 21, 2018, 12:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

It really does help if people read the whole thread instead of snippets. Our Coach has been allegedly offered a contract and has decided allegedly to wait to sign it. The fact is players who got us promotion will be replaced by better players if our Coach thinks they are no longer up to it.  Our owner will move for another Coach if he thinks another coach could do better. No player or Coach is in a position where he can fail and live off the past.  But everybody is happy to get on with the job before signing contracts that will impact on Joka and his family who still live abroad.

No fan has said sack him. But it is simply not correct to suggest the club should give him a life time achievement award if we nose dive. Which I am sure we wont.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Statto

Quote from: ByTheRiver on August 23, 2018, 03:44:41 PM
I think we are not actually that fair away then in viewpoint, just the amount of time and so on.

I agree. I was being a little facetious in my last post.

Lighthouse's post above perfectly sums up my concern about this thread.

Chesh

Quote from: Statto on August 22, 2018, 04:27:23 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on August 22, 2018, 03:39:03 PM
I find many posts on here quite odd.   Bringing in 80% a new team, playing well for significant periods v very good teams then after another few games sack the manager if the results are not good is absolute madness of the highest order.   It's the perfect way to totally ruin the club, not strengthen it.   Nearly everyone agrees the one thing we need is to give Slav and the team time, how the heck is firing him and most of,the first team coaching staff who have been massively successful for the club over the past 2 or 3 seasons going to help anything.  Some of the posts on here are the sort of thing I would expect on TIFF, from the wum and odd posters it attracts but not generally on here.   

The Khans are not idiots.

Show me all the other PL clubs who have left a manager in charge after starting the season with 5 defeats.
Obvious comparison is de boer last season sacked by palace after 5 games.
it will hopefully never become an issue for us but I can guarantee if he lost the next 3 games, 80% of fans would forget last season and want him out, and so would 90% of chairmen.
if you think otherwise you are very naïve and ignoring the history/facts of these scenarios.
As I said earlier, de Boer is a completely different scenario. He was new to England and new to Palace. Slav has been with the club for 2 and a half seasons, and will be better placed than anybody else coming in after 5 straight defeats (imo, given what I have seen and know about him) to eventually turn things round.

This season is going to start slowly, no matter what you would like to happen. or feel should happen, and after last season, we have to show patience, otherwise we will end up back to square one anyway.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2018, 03:59:28 PM

No fan has said sack him. But it is simply not correct to suggest the club should give him a life time achievement award if we nose dive. Which I am sure we wont.

You're right, no fan as said 'sack him'. No fan has said the other bit either ;)

I don't think his future should be debated in December (given the massive upheaval, injuries and late arrivals) and, thankfully, I think the owners are of the same mind set as me (hence backing him with a tidy sum of cash). What anyone other than them thinks is largely irrelevant.

I'm stepping out now.

Burt

Contracts in football aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Unless you are the person moving on before the contract ends, in which case they can be quite valuable!

Still, if he signed then psychologically it would feel like ambition on the club's part, and commitment on Slav's part.

Statto

Quote from: ByTheRiver on August 23, 2018, 04:32:10 PM
thankfully, I think the owners are of the same mind set as me (hence backing him with a tidy sum of cash)

and yet they evidently haven't offered him an extension (or at least, not on terms he considers attractive enough to accept).
so i would strongly query whether the owners are indeed of the same mindset as you

filham

The reason Jokanovic is not signing an improved contract right now can only be that he is mindful it would make a move to a big club easier should one come calling within the next year.

If however we are sitting adrift at the bottom of the table at Christmas we may wish to switch to solid no frills football produced by Roy or Allardyce instead of the pretty , pretty stuff if this is not accompanied with points. A change of manager to fight relegation may then seem attractive to us.

hovewhite

Contracts clubs,managers when it suits part company full stop .

filham

Quote from: hovewhite on August 24, 2018, 03:50:30 PM
Contracts clubs,managers when it suits part company full stop .
[/quote
Yes, but it is easier and less expensive for both parties if the contact has run out or almost run out.

Roberty

Quote from: filham on August 24, 2018, 06:23:05 PM
Yes, but it is easier and less expensive for both parties if the contact has run out or almost run out.

This presupposes that no one else wants to employ our great leader, which by all accounts is not the case.

As with Fredricks - he can walk for nothing if they let his contract run down as opposed to getting compensation if another club wants to steal him from us

The problem is that apart from SJ's comment about it being a matter for his agent, neither he nor the club have said anything regarding the negotiation or even if there have been any.

Given that we have optional extensions for most of our players now it would seem odd if the club were not trying to protect one of their valuable assets
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy