watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR QPR

Started by Andy S, August 13, 2018, 10:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

After the FFP thing QPR look to be in a bit of trouble. They are not sustainable at their present home and are now looking to develop the Linford Christie running track at the White City. So gone is that super stadium idea that was going to turn them into a big club. Most of their supporters are from the White City  Estate so they are not going to be a very willing to drive anywhere or even take the bus, even if it happens. It makes me grateful for owners like The Khans who have put money into our club and before that Mo

fulhamben

Think all their plans went out the window when the mittels pulled out. Fernandez doesn't have the capitol to go it alone. Wouldn't surprise me if he was looking for a buyer either
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

gezkc

Tony Fernandez has always struck me as being a bit of a clown. Well meaning, but totally clueless when it comes to running a football club. Lots of people on here justifiably criticised the Khans for lacking knowledge and making huge mistakes when they took over Fulham, but Fernandez is another league altogether!

fulhamben

Quote from: gezkc on August 13, 2018, 10:51:33 AM
Tony Fernandez has always struck me as being a bit of a clown. Well meaning, but totally clueless when it comes to running a football club. Lots of people on here justifiably criticised the Khans for lacking knowledge and making huge mistakes when they took over Fulham, but Fernandez is another league altogether!
Fernandez had an ulterior motive. He made no secrets about wanting a stadium to match the O2, and he saw QPR as a way of achieving that.

mrmicawbers

Fernández is not even the main shareholder any more.The main reason he and the Mittal got involved in the first place was the hope of getting the Land at old oak common and building a stadium along with loads of flats and houses.The one be problem they had they didn't own the land.Fernandez or Bungle as they call him has been an unmitigated disaster.Whoever own the shares now would have trouble giving them away they are owed 200 million plus in directors Loans.Not sure how much QPR the club itself owes.

fulhamben

Quote from: mrmicawbers on August 13, 2018, 10:58:44 AM
Fernández is not even the main shareholder any more.The main reason he and the Mittal got involved in the first place was the hope of getting the Land at old oak common and building a stadium along with loads of flats and houses.The one be problem they had they didn't own the land.Fernandez or Bungle as they call him has been an unmitigated disaster.Whoever own the shares now would have trouble giving them away they are owed 200 million plus in directors Loans.Not sure how much QPR the club itself owns.
yep was a bit disgusting what they tried to do to car giant

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Andy S on August 13, 2018, 10:36:08 AM
After the FFP thing QPR look to be in a bit of trouble. They are not sustainable at their present home and are now looking to develop the Linford Christie running track at the White City. So gone is that super stadium idea that was going to turn them into a big club. Most of their supporters are from the White City  Estate so they are not going to be a very willing to drive anywhere or even take the bus, even if it happens. It makes me grateful for owners like The Khans who have put money into our club and before that Mo

Khans policy will only work if we stay up

gang

Although they are local rivals I don't gloat at their predicament and hope they find a way out. There are 92 clubs in the 4 divisions that all have loyal supporters and we should remember how close failure was to us before Jimmy Hill stepped in.

hovewhite

They are a badly run club top to bottom,a few mates are supporters ,so I don't enjoy watching any club go down the pan.

fulhamben

Just had a quick look on there board. Some are even calling for the return of Holloway after two games. Seems McLaren is working his magic again 😂

Riversider

They are going to sign 5 or 6 players on loan from Premier League clubs and finish mid table again, Reading though are a good bet for the drop,
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kalas and Piazon ending up at QPR on loan,

Vinnieffc

QPR fans are few and far between on White City Estate.  Most of their fans come in from the M4 corridor.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Riversider on August 13, 2018, 01:26:50 PM
They are going to sign 5 or 6 players on loan from Premier League clubs and finish mid table again, Reading though are a good bet for the drop,
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kalas and Piazon ending up at QPR on loan,
ok I will bite.No chance what so ever.

MJG

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 13, 2018, 11:30:15 AM

and its the right policy isn't it?
Just the views of a long term fan

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on August 13, 2018, 03:39:04 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 13, 2018, 11:30:15 AM

and its the right policy isn't it?
it's a policy I've always prefered. Pay the money, to get good young talent, who will have a sell on value.whats not to like

keith

Quote from: gang on August 13, 2018, 11:32:05 AM
Although they are local rivals I don't gloat at their predicament and hope they find a way out. There are 92 clubs in the 4 divisions that all have loyal supporters and we should remember how close failure was to us before Jimmy Hill stepped in.
Well said.

F(f)CUK

Quote from: gang on August 13, 2018, 11:32:05 AM
My brother in law used to be the head of the Celtic supporters club.  He cannot get through a few sentences with me without getting onto his beloved subject.  He gloated like mad when Rangers were relegated to the bottom division...that was not good enough for them.  However, when they returned to the Scottish Premier, he was pleased.  There is no point in having a rivalry, if you cannot have an occasional match.

Who does not like singing...Queens Park Rangers it's happening again.

Andy S

I don't see how the Khans can lose as if we were to go down you sell all the players you can and bring in loans and go again. Why aren't more clubs trying it?

Barrett487

Never want to see a club fail. It would be heartbreaking for the loyal supporters of any team to go through it. I remember how i felt when we were seemingly on the verge and were saved by JH.

The Rock

I was talking with a qpr fan who was with one of his Fulham mates Sat night after our match and he just flat out said they are going down 100%. No chance in staying up. He's given up already and it's August!