watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I know it is an away point ...

Started by FulhamKC, September 01, 2018, 04:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamKC

... but it sure feels like a loss right now.

Tabby

Mitrovic giveth, Mitrovic taketh away.

RaySmith

Yes, but we could have actually lost it in the closing stages - and that would have been gutting.

So, an away point.

fulhamben

We did poorly as a defensive unit, but still any game where you gift them a goal from nothing and give away 2 stupid penalties and you still pick up a point is a huge bonus iny eyes. Love mlm but I don't like him at lb. And mitro should have come off at 80 for me, looked knackered and didn't get involved in the press. Still like I say a bonus point after all the gifts we gave them
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Yes,shouldn't be throwing away a 2 goal lead in second half...Disappointing.🙅

SP

Football finished, now Saturday night starts.

:beer:

bog

Painful, but knew Murray would score.  :016:

092.gif

southwest6

really frustrating but so many positives to take from that game. 2 silly mistakes cost us the game; looked shaky at times but overall thought we played extremely well and deserved 3 points. brighton are a good side and just recently beat united there so a good result nonetheless...

On another note, seri is class above. so happy to have him here.. Also Mawson had a solid debut.

General

Should've been a win, but wasn't a loss... Mitro has been great for us and it looked innocuous.. it's a shame as whilst we didn't look as threatening as Brighton we definitely managed the game far better with close to 60% possession. It'll feel like a loss, but had we had Cairney, perhaps bryan as an outlet on the left and MLM and Mawson in the middle instead of odoi we probably would've scored the third. It's a test of our resilience as things didn't go how we wanted but Mitro's got four in four, schurrle two in two... Seri's still looking class.

My only gripe if I had to make one aside from the final score and not playing Bryan for Odoi would be the subs.. I didn't think Anguissa needed to be taken off, nor vietto..

gezkc

Yep, very disappointing after being 2-0 with 20 mins to go. We looked very good, but are making far too many mistakes at the back - and our forwards giving away 2 penalties didn't help.

Still, we definitely have the makings of a great side. Once our defence is settled, we'll be able to kill these kinds of games off. After the international break, I reckon we'll be there.

filham

We are far from being a strong defensive unit and we do give the ball away at times.
However it was an away point and I think that keeps us away from the bottom three.

JoelH5

Just leaving the stadium. We looked shattered at the end and ultimately it's what cost us. Severely missed Cairney but at the end of the day it was a good point away from home
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Lighthouse

TWO penalties and a poor mistake to give the ball away for a goal and we are disappointed that we only come away with an away draw against a side that beat Manchester United. Much to improve upon but we would all have taken an away point before the game. Frankly they should have been ahead in the first half and certainly had chances. A draw while annoying having gone two up. Will do me fine.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

We are gifting possession too often. You wait till we play some of the sides with fast attackers. There are times when defenders have to do the easy thing rather than try the ambitious pass.

Another game with terrible officials. Is Murray Proberts Fantasy Football captain. Both were a disgrace.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

Defence is still a worry,we can't keep a clean sheet and 9 conceded already only two worse off.
Its early days but lot of work needed,and hopefully once we get a settled defence instead of chopping and changing it will improve.

Holders

It was disappointing to let a 2-goal lead slip but in the end, net, a fair result.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: FulhamKC on September 01, 2018, 04:56:10 PM
... but it sure feels like a loss right now.

It definitely doesn't feel like a loss. You would feel even worse.

terryr

Guys
These guys just beat ManU
I thought we were going to get thrashed!
Well done Fulham
As time goes on we will tighten up and eliminate sloppy mistakes.
Onward and upward!!!

Woolly Mammoth

I know it's disappointing to lose a two goal lead, whether it's home or away. Specially when it was a sloppy pass, and an unnecessary penalty. But this is the challenge, the first 90mins + is the most important.
Good save from Betts for the first pen. Good see Alfie Mawson at the back getting 90 mins under his belt.
It's a precious point, they are all precious. But it is what it is. It's our first away point, let's embrace it.
It was only a couple weeks ago, both Brighton and Hove Albion put Manchester United to the sword.
We currently have 4 points more than West Ham United, with a better goal difference.
So we have a couple weeks to lick our wounds.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

PartizanFC

Mitro gave everything...
If he dont care he wouldnt be in def so late in game...I know him,he feels right now like he ruin the game..He need support right now becouse he could loose confidence and he is 4 of 4 scorer...