watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa

Started by Mince n Tatties, October 07, 2018, 01:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

He will look good in a settled side where he is the holding midfielder, you can tell he is excellent at winning the ball back. Slav asked too much of Seri and Anguissa vs Arsenal, they were both playing box to box.

We were essentially playing 4-2-4 when Kamara came on, no wonder we got punished.

toshes mate

Quote from: HV71 on October 07, 2018, 04:55:35 PM
I thought at first that Anguissa 'switched off ' far too often  but after today I have changed my mind in that I don't ever think his brain is actually ' switched on '. He has huge potential but until he actually engages his brain , concentrates on the job in hand, he may as well play in stocking feet for as much use as he is now. I rarely get on a players back but this guy is so frustrating- FFS man think !
Absolutely agree with this.  It is like watching young kids scrap the way our midfield refuses to engage with the rest of the team.  But, in fairness to Anguissa, he is not the only one with a brain that has gone AWOL.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on October 09, 2018, 10:59:49 AM
I thought at first that Anguissa 'switched off ' far too often  but after today I have changed my mind in that I don't ever think his brain is actually ' switched on '. He has huge potential but until he actually engages his brain , concentrates on the job in hand, he may as well play in stocking feet for as much use as he is now. I rarely get on a players back but this guy is so frustrating- FFS man think !
Absolutely agree with this.  It is like watching young kids scrap the way our midfield refuses to engage with the rest of the team.  But, in fairness to Anguissa, he is not the only one with a brain that has gone AWOL.

Yes my feelings also, Anguissa can frustrate because he does have potential, a bit of extra homework/ training drills/ coaching would not go amiss for him. 
I feel he will improve anyway as the season progresses, but under the right guidance and conditioning his development will accelerate as he has the attributes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 09, 2018, 11:36:12 AM

Yes my feelings also, Anguissa can frustrate because he does have potential, a bit of extra homework/ training drills/ coaching would not go amiss for him. 
I feel he will improve anyway as the season progresses, but under the right guidance and conditioning his development will accelerate as he has the attributes.

I really hope he can come good but it isn't easy getting someone to think. As you rightly point out he has lots of positive attributes - but you have to engage your brain to use them  -? especially in the right order. He is powerful, strong with good ball skills but his positional play , anticipation ,awareness and decision making are way below standard. A brain and heart transplant with Mac and what a player we would have - sadly Christian Bernard has passed. This transformation may take some time - though we have seen Kamara make great strides since he arrived so maybe there is hope.

toshes mate

Quote from: HV71 on October 09, 2018, 11:46:36 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 09, 2018, 11:36:12 AM

I really hope he can come good but it isn't easy getting someone to think. As you rightly point out he has lots of positive attributes - but you have to engage your brain to use them  -? especially in the right order. He is powerful, strong with good ball skills but his positional play , anticipation ,awareness and decision making are way below standard. A brain and heart transplant with Mac and what a player we would have - sadly Christian Bernard has passed. This transformation may take some time - though we have seen Kamara make great strides since he arrived so maybe there is hope.
I actually think he needs to be aware he has more time than he thinks he has provided he applies himself to each step he is required to make.  Beat and get the ball off of opponent; control it; be aware of who is doing what around you and then make your play.  The best players have time to do what they want to do and that is because their mindset is adapted to creating the time they need.  Anguissa, and Kamara, both suffer when they rush through the steps they must take to do what they think they must do rather than use their skill to 'fool' the opponent whilst going through their steps.   It's practice and the confidence to carry it out under pressure.

KJS

Quote from: filham on October 07, 2018, 04:21:17 PM
Quote from: Statto on October 07, 2018, 02:05:16 PM
Poor and the whole back 5 behind him is mid-table championship standard. For all the money spent in that area we have gone backwards by losing Kalas, Fredericks and Targett. 21 goals conceded in 8 games... equates to 100 over the full 38-game season if we carry on. For comparison the infamous Derby team relegated with only 11 points conceded 89.
Anguissa and Seri are just not producing the goods in midfield, best we get back to Cairney, Johansen and MacDonald who were so good last season.

McDonald has no pace and his legs look like they have gone so I can't see him featuring much, Fredricks couldn't defend so no great loss, Targett would have been ideal but unavailable so couldn't get him and Kalas is not Prem quality

I would like to see a midfield of Cairney - Seri - Johanson - Anguissa (DM) or Vietto (AM) depending on who we play against with Schurle as a #10 behind Mitro

Facts Not Fiction

Poor and the whole back 5 behind him is mid-table championship standard. For all the money spent in that area we have gone backwards by losing Kalas, Fredericks and Targett. 21 goals conceded in 8 games... equates to 100 over the full 38-game season if we carry on. For comparison the infamous Derby team relegated with only 11 points conceded 89.

Sorry, but just how many minutes have those 3 played in the PL this season?

Statto

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 10, 2018, 06:52:41 AM

Sorry, but just how many minutes have those 3 played in the PL this season?

I am not saying Targett-Ream-Kalas-Fredericks is a decent PL defence.

It is a top 6 championship defence / a crap PL defence.

But it is better than MLM/Bryan-Ream-Odoi-Christie, which is a mid-table Championship defence that wouldn't even have got us promoted.

Not to mention we have the same GK behind them that many  on here had concerns about even at Championship level.

My point isn't that our old back 5 was brilliant, just that the back 5 we are currently playing is no better, or IMO worse actually.

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on October 10, 2018, 07:42:09 AM
My point isn't that our old back 5 was brilliant, just that the back 5 we are currently playing is no better, or IMO worse actually.
Making cogent responses like that, Statto, goes against the the grain of all those who claim the owners spent loads of money 'upgrading' and 'showing ambition' whilst the more savvy advised caution until we had a chance to see them all play - together - as a team.  That may still happen.  The big question now is 'in what league?'.

The Championship is a place where all kinds of problems can be and are forgiven if a team can fashion outcomes.  After all what did Colin and Cardiff do last year?  The players we have retained from last year are not necessarily the 'key' players from last term but, had we retained them all, and built upon them with perhaps just two or three key upgrades in class and quality we may have been fit for purpose on day one of this campaign - injuries etc allowing.

The outcome we have seen was wholly predictable and it's a great pity if people on here cannot actually understand that.