more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"The January Transfer Gossip Window"

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 10, 2018, 05:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

Moses did well for Chelsea at RWB.
Not sure that playing RB in a back four would suit him.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: ByTheRiver on December 21, 2018, 09:55:14 AM
Just noticed that Cahill and Okazaki are in the final year of their contract so could potentially be purchased for a reasonable fee. Meaning we could potentially loan Moses... (if sending Fosu-Mensah back etc). That could be a way around the loans issue!
I we could just get those three that would be quite the impressive Jan. Assuming we send back TFM.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on December 21, 2018, 04:43:58 PM

He also did well parting the Red Sea.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Spirit of 2000

I think who we can or can't get in January (permanent deals) is 100% subjective to how many points we have on new years day... if by some miracle we pick up say 7 points from the next 3 games then players may arrive. If we have 9 or 10 points then nobody of any calibre will want to join.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Jims Dentist on December 21, 2018, 04:43:58 PM

People are calling out Odoi for how he was out of position and made a stupid tackle in the last game.   He was out of position because Claudio and Slav both use their RBs as attackers, who are also expected to track back.

I think Moses could do it.

Mince n Tatties

Gooners looking to loan out Ozil in January, any takers?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 22, 2018, 06:41:59 AM

Hmmm, he's another big time Charlie, probably thinks he is doing us a favour. Wrong attitude for me, plus I don't like too many loans anyway, not healthy. Prefer players to commit themselves, the odd one or two maybe, but too many loans builds the team on sand not concrete.
As for Ozil, i would not risk it, another one with a milky character, hopeless in a relegation battle, he won't fancy it.

Never forget your Roots.

bill taylors apprentice

Whoever we sign its got to be for the here and now, all the "clever" Stats stuff is irreverent!

Goes without saying they have to be PL quality!
We need to sign players with a strong personality and work ethic, not looking at their potential or resale value.

Anyone who remembers Alan Mullery's return in 72 will know what I mean, to expect a player(s) to make the same impact he made might be asking too much but desperate times calls for desperate measures.

If its the usual long winded transfer window process we can start planning for the Championship !

ron

Just spend £100m on anybody. It might work second time... :022:

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 22, 2018, 08:42:36 AM

Hmmm, he's another big time Charlie, probably thinks he is doing us a favour. Wrong attitude for me, plus I don't like too many loans anyway, not healthy. Prefer players to commit themselves, the odd one or two maybe, but too many loans builds the team on sand not concrete.
As for Ozil, i would not risk it, another one with a milky character, hopeless in a relegation battle, he won't fancy it.

Agree👍

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 22, 2018, 09:15:28 AM
Whoever we sign its got to be for the here and now, all the "clever" Stats stuff is irreverent!

Goes without saying they have to be PL quality!
We need to sign players with a strong personality and work ethic, not looking at their potential or resale value.

Anyone who remembers Alan Mullery's return in 72 will know what I mean, to expect a player(s) to make the same impact he made might be asking too much but desperate times calls for desperate measures.

If its the usual long winded transfer window process we can start planning for the Championship !

👍

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

We would never get Ozil, But the fact some wouldn't want him is quite worrying. One of the best players in the league and would genuinely win us points by himself.
STH H3

Jims Dentist

Quote from: @jolslover on December 22, 2018, 10:46:26 AM
We would never get Ozil, But the fact some wouldn't want him is quite worrying. One of the best players in the league and would genuinely win us points by himself.
It's worrying to me that some/you would want him. He is exactly what you don't want in a team that needs to batt!e to survive.
Mind, you defended Fonte when his ON the the pitch contribution was indefensible last season.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on December 22, 2018, 07:08:56 PM
It's worrying to me that some/you would want him. He is exactly what you don't want in a team that needs to batt!e to survive.
Mind, you defended Fonte when his ON the the pitch contribution was indefensible last season.

Jim's Dentist, spot on, I could not have said it better myself. 👍⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

Nick Bateman

I would like the return of RYAN FREDERICKS.

This chap was at the heart of many Fulham moves and attacks, he is one-of-the-fastest players on the planet, but he languishes on the West Ham bench, a mid-table/lower level club at best.  Fulham could make a move to bring him back, with the guarantee of first team football and in a setup he is familiar with.

Having spent £100m, reaquiring Fred for around £10m would be a snip, and we could recoup some by off loading those newcomers who could not adjust to the English league.

One saw MATT TARGETT our other attacking full-back last year help defeating Arsenal for the Saints with crosses which Fulham are sadly lacking.  Christie is decent as a defender but attacking always seems to cut in to his weaker left foot rather than cross with his right.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

AnOldBrownie

I'd trade him for Seri in a second.  But not if we're going to keep both.    Then you have Ozil, Cairney and Seri...without strengthening the CDM position on a team that needs to stop teams from scoring.

No.

You could get two of the type of the players Fulham need for half the cost of Ozil, who would cost 50 million at least.

@jolslover

Quote from: Jims Dentist on December 22, 2018, 07:08:56 PM

Mate he is genuinely one of the best players in Europe. He would never come to Fulham as he is genuinely way above our level.
STH H3

AnOldBrownie

Wait.

How much are people realistically looking to spend during this transfer window on premiere league level quality?

Victor Moses is going to cost 20 million by himself.    The team still needs a backup striker...for what, 10 million?    And a quality CB is going to cost 30 million.

DevonFFC

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 22, 2018, 07:52:40 PM
Wait.

How much are people realistically looking to spend during this transfer window on premiere league level quality?

Victor Moses is going to cost 20 million by himself.    The team still needs a backup striker...for what, 10 million?    And a quality CB is going to cost 30 million.

On talk sport they had a reporter on who suggested the Khans mentality is, if we want them they will fund it to stay in the league.

I wouldn't put it past them to go for bust as players can easily be sold on again