more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"The January Transfer Gossip Window"

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 10, 2018, 05:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: DevonFFC on December 28, 2018, 09:59:24 AM
I do not know the figures but I imagine that the loss of the premier league money is far greater and I'm not just talking short term either as if we went down it is no guarantee we will come back up any time soon.

Yes I agree with this point. The risk in "going for bust" this january may well be justified by the economic rewards attached to staying up. I'm only disagreeing with the idea that the risk is mitigated by any possibility of recovering the money spent by selling the players if it doesn't work out. 

filham

A new centre back, a new midfielder and a back up striker, seem to be our main requirements but what about our full backs.

We have Le Merchand and Bryan on the left and Christie and Mensah on the right. None of these have demonstrated that they are premier league quality and they all fall short of last season's pair of Fredericks and Targett.

DevonFFC

Quote from: filham on December 28, 2018, 10:46:40 AM
A new centre back, a new midfielder and a back up striker, seem to be our main requirements but what about our full backs.

We have Le Merchand and Bryan on the left and Christie and Mensah on the right. None of these have demonstrated that they are premier league quality and they all fall short of last season's pair of Fredericks and Targett.

I believe sess can work as a wing back if we stick to the a back 3/5, Moses would be brilliant as again offers the attacking threat and also has pace that can bail you out of so many defensive situations

BedsFFC

No knowledge, no idea if available, would he come? would we pay? I have no idea.

However, Dembele MK-I would keep us up

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 11, 2018, 10:56:42 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 11, 2018, 06:11:28 AM
We most definitely need a centre back, right back, right sided winger and a striker first.
Then they can consider another midfielder if they think it's necessary.

Winter Window
CB  Robert Huth 2m
RB  Matteo Darmian 10m
RW  Victor Moses 15m
SK  Islam Slimani 12m

Loan/Sell/Return: Cisse, Atyie, Kebano and TFM

Why do you and others keep peddling this Robert Huth nonsense? the guy hasn't played a competitive match for ages, he doesn't have a club and has effectively been retired.  Even if (and it's a huge if) he could compete at Prem level he would need a lot of time to get up to match fitness and we certainly do not have that luxury.  Move on, forget yesterday's players.

hovewhite

Huth can't see that,Cahill yes the other positions don't know.

Bracken White

I read that Moussa Demebele is surplus to Spurs' requirements. At 31 he wouldn't fit the Khan template - but in our situation, surely he is well worth going for .... IF he's fit.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

HillingdonFFC

AnOldBrownie

Don't care if it's Odoi or Bryan...the back line needs a tall athlete with pace that can play the ball in the air. Seri's  carp corners aside...the team needs to be better at defending and attacking set pieces. Too many short players in the starting 11. Imo.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

rvFFC

JoelH5

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on December 28, 2018, 09:29:07 PM
Cahill to Arsenal apparently

Don't believe that. Why would Chelsea strengthen their main competitor for 4th?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

DevonFFC

We are current favourites to sign

Boyata
Cahill
Drink water
Darmian

DevonFFC

Not heard a rumour but whilst we are being linked with every Chelsea player.... cesc has been told he can go

DevonFFC

choice_of_ends

We could recall Fonte and Djallo. Gives CR the opportunity to trial and error even more!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: choice_of_ends on December 30, 2018, 09:42:58 PM
We could recall Fonte and Djallo. Gives CR the opportunity to trial and error even more!

Perish the thought.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Asotosyios

From BBC's gossip column:

Fulham may sell French striker Aboubakar Kamara, 23, after he ignored manager Claudio Ranieri's orders and insisted on taking a penalty - which he missed - against Huddersfield on Saturday. (Times)

bobby01

After watching the old firm game and playing particular attention to boyata I do not think he is what we need, he continually lost his man on corners and in general seemed to be positionally all over the show. Maybe just a bad day at the office but I saw no sign he is an upgrade.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria