watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"The January Transfer Gossip Window"

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 10, 2018, 05:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

I wondered why they have been looking down the back of the settee recently.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 22, 2018, 07:42:41 PM
I would like the return of RYAN FREDERICKS.

This chap was at the heart of many Fulham moves and attacks, he is one-of-the-fastest players on the planet, but he languishes on the West Ham bench, a mid-table/lower level club at best.  Fulham could make a move to bring him back, with the guarantee of first team football and in a setup he is familiar with.

Having spent £100m, reaquiring Fred for around £10m would be a snip, and we could recoup some by off loading those newcomers who could not adjust to the English league.

One saw MATT TARGETT our other attacking full-back last year help defeating Arsenal for the Saints with crosses which Fulham are sadly lacking.  Christie is decent as a defender but attacking always seems to cut in to his weaker left foot rather than cross with his right.
I agree with the first part of your comment, but with all the changes that have been made, he would be playing in a team he is not familiar with, he is not the answer!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 22, 2018, 07:42:41 PM
I would like the return of RYAN FREDERICKS.

This chap was at the heart of many Fulham moves and attacks, he is one-of-the-fastest players on the planet, but he languishes on the West Ham bench, a mid-table/lower level club at best.  Fulham could make a move to bring him back, with the guarantee of first team football and in a setup he is familiar with.

Having spent £100m, reaquiring Fred for around £10m would be a snip, and we could recoup some by off loading those newcomers who could not adjust to the English league.

One saw MATT TARGETT our other attacking full-back last year help defeating Arsenal for the Saints with crosses which Fulham are sadly lacking.  Christie is decent as a defender but attacking always seems to cut in to his weaker left foot rather than cross with his right.

No Jokanovic to help cover Fredericks defensive frailties.

He isn't a Ranieri type player.

Mince n Tatties

One report says we're lining up a bid for Croatian defender Domagoj Vida,who plays for Besiktas.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 23, 2018, 10:42:03 AM
One report says we're lining up a bid for Croatian defender Domagoj Vida,who plays for Besiktas.

Wasn't that chap being linked with moves to far bigger clubs after his WC heroics?

Holders

Quote from: DevonFFC on December 22, 2018, 08:15:59 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 22, 2018, 07:52:40 PM
Wait.

How much are people realistically looking to spend during this transfer window on premiere league level quality?

Victor Moses is going to cost 20 million by himself.    The team still needs a backup striker...for what, 10 million?    And a quality CB is going to cost 30 million.

On talk sport they had a reporter on who suggested the Khans mentality is, if we want them they will fund it to stay in the league.

I wouldn't put it past them to go for bust as players can easily be sold on again 

That's an interesting take on it, they've got us here and we're struggling and at risk. In their position would I want to go through it all again? Simple - no. So we may spend to sell and balance the books later on before the FFP geese come home to roost.

Does anyone have any inkling of how much more we're still allowed to spend?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mince n Tatties

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 24, 2018, 04:23:05 PM
Sky saying Gary Cahill to us.

This was on the grape vine before we became shocking, last gutsy performance aside, so I wonder where he would slot in now. A Cahill/ Mawson pairing perhaps with Chambers in front as a triangular back bone to the defence. If Drinkwater and Moses also tag along we are never going to hear the end of it from those up the road. Don't really care at the moment, needs must and all that.

DevonFFC

Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 24, 2018, 05:27:08 PM

This was on the grape vine before we became shocking, last gutsy performance aside, so I wonder where he would slot in now. A Cahill/ Mawson pairing perhaps with Chambers in front as a triangular back bone to the defence. If Drinkwater and Moses also tag along we are never going to hear the end of it from those up the road. Don't really care at the moment, needs must and all that.

If they do come along then we will have to buy two of them at least so I couldn't give a monkeys what they say, they will be ours and I think they are just what we need to build a solid team with plenty of prem experience

Woolly Mammoth

That's the good news I want to hear, he can bring Danny Drinkwater with him as well. If Moses wants to tag along, that's fine by me.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Benitez is not comfortable with Newcastle's position in the table and fears relegation. He says that they know exactly what they need in this window, the players have been identified and he is now just waiting for things to happen.

Lets hope Ranieri has done the same at Fulham.

DevonFFC

Quote from: filham on December 24, 2018, 06:41:26 PM
Benitez is not comfortable with Newcastle's position in the table and fears relegation. He says that they know exactly what they need in this window, the players have been identified and he is now just waiting for things to happen.

I think so, The aim is safety and from Ranieri coming in I think he would have already put together a wish list

Southcoastffc

Including the sale of Newcastle before January......another utterance from Ashley.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

davew

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 24, 2018, 06:56:57 PM

Including the sale of Newcastle before January......another utterance from Ashley.
There should be a window for the sale of clubs (lol)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Southcoastffc

I planted that particular grape vine back in September, when I was taken aback by the combined efforts of Mawson and Chambers.  I'm less terrified by our back line now. Coaching may be the answer.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 24, 2018, 07:02:28 PM

I planted that particular grape vine back in September, when I was taken aback by the combined efforts of Mawson and Chambers.  I'm less terrified by our back line now. Coaching may be the answer.

What do you think now then about Cahill/Mawson in central defence and Chambers/Drinkwater in central midfield? It would mean some big money signings and possibly some fan favs being sidelined and plenty of raised eyebrows.

DevonFFC

Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 24, 2018, 07:35:05 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 24, 2018, 07:02:28 PM

I hope it works out well otherwise some may start calling for Tony Khans head

What do you think now then about Cahill/Mawson in central defence and Chambers/Drinkwater in central midfield? It would mean some big money signings and possibly some fan favs being sidelined and plenty of raised eyebrows.

Barrett487

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leeds-united-keen-premier-league-2365693

Leeds United keen on Premier League keeper, bidding war for Joe Lolley

Leeds United are interested in Fulham goalkeeper Fabricio Agosto Ramírez, according to reports in Turkey.

Fulham only signed the stopper from Besiktas in summer and started the club's opening two games of the season, but the Spaniard has fallen down the pecking order behind Sergio Rico and Marcus Bettinelli.

As such, Turkish newspaper Milliyet are reporting that Leeds have shown an interest in signing Fabri in the new year.

However, Fabri is just the latest goalkeeper to be linked with a move to Elland Road with Karl Darlow, Freddie Woodman and Tom Heaton also being rumoured of late.

Statto

I wouldn't put it past them to go for bust as players can easily be sold on again 

Hmm, said on here on another thread the other day, if we go down we will get our trousers pulled down. The way transfers are accounted for over several seasons, in combination with wages, means an expensive player like Anguissa effectively costs £10m per season for many seasons into the future. Any club interested in buying in him is going to know we cannot afford that in the championship, and we're going to be desparate just to have players like that taken off our hands. We're not going to recover anything like the fees we paid out.

There's a documentary about Sunderland on netflix right now - see how desparate they were to terminate jack rodwell's contract and let him go for nothing, just to get him off the books.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Statto on December 27, 2018, 08:27:29 PM

Hmm, said on here on another thread the other day, if we go down we will get our trousers pulled down. The way transfers are accounted for over several seasons, in combination with wages, means an expensive player like Anguissa effectively costs £10m per season for many seasons into the future. Any club interested in buying in him is going to know we cannot afford that in the championship, and we're going to be desparate just to have players like that taken off our hands. We're not going to recover anything like the fees we paid out.

There's a documentary about Sunderland on netflix right now - see how desparate they were to terminate jack rodwell's contract and let him go for nothing, just to get him off the books.

I agree with what your saying and the facts do not lie, we will have to suffer big losses.

I do not know the figures but I imagine that the loss of the premier league money is far greater and I'm not just talking short term either as if we went down it is no guarantee we will come back up any time soon.

I'm excited to see what the plan is for players coming in, I see a change happening with the players and I hope they back Claudio in the market where he feels he needs it.

I would say we need a striker as Mitro busts a gut but we need goals and maybe some competition would help him along.