watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry I don't understand football anymore

Started by Lighthouse, October 16, 2010, 04:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

A Player who is offsides makes an effort to touch the ball. But doesn't. He is not interfering with play? Don't understand why they have ruined this wonderful game of ours.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

McBridefan1

England is just trying to catch up to all the other over-officious leagues in the world. :red:

fulhamwannabe

why did the ref go to his assistant?have they not them headphones on?i think it sounds a bit dodgy  :046:

epsomraver

Tell him how much 'Arry would be slipping in his boot, not to be broadcast over the airways

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: epsomraver on October 16, 2010, 04:56:16 PM
Tell him how much 'Arry would be slipping in his boot, not to be broadcast over the airways
Hahaha quality, how was he not interering with play, he's blocking Swartzers view.

BarryP

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Lighthouse

The poor equaliser so soon after our goal was silly. We are still finding our forwards so no panic yet. But I don't understand why a player, if he is off side and goes for the ball is not active while in front of the keeper. Linesman thought so. On the BBC they were debating  it.  With different conclusions.

Murphy and Dembele both injured. How badly?

Now we are going to need a win soon.

Not a great result but lets not have a go at Kamara or Greening who both did ok and  Kamara needs time.

Do you remember when we watched football that didn't have a controversial moment in it? No nor me.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

timmyg

Or, how about refs being magically able to give goals and take them away?

I'm being serious and not sour grapes: today was one of the existential games where you wonder "what is the point?"
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

alfie

I just don't know what to say, the linesman should have stood his ground not bottled out when asked, Riley what a joke, these officials should be made to come out and explain their decision, i am sure he has told the players and manager, but the paying public have no idea. Officials should not make these controversial decisions and then not explain why.

Riley and his lino  :red:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFCcravencottage

That wasn't a debate on BBC Garth Crooks is so up Spurs a*** it's untrue, Mark Bright said it as it was he must be offside he was attempting to get to the ball in front of Schwazer. Not sour grapes on my part but the assistant gives offside and thats he's job, but the ref over rules him. Dean really has such a history of making the biggest mistakes.

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 16, 2010, 05:04:37 PM
The poor equaliser so soon after our goal was silly. We are still finding our forwards so no panic yet. But I don't understand why a player, if he is off side and goes for the ball is not active while in front of the keeper. Linesman thought so. On the BBC they were debating  it.  With different conclusions.

Murphy and Dembele both injured. How badly?

Now we are going to need a win soon.

Not a great result but lets not have a go at Kamara or Greening who both did ok and  Kamara needs time.

Do you remember when we watched football that didn't have a controversial moment in it? No nor me.

FatFreddysCat

Every cloud has a silver lining, i done the Koshers to win 2-1 in the prediction league.

Bilet

I can not understand that a ref standig outside the box looking through lots of player can overrule a decision made by a linesman on the line looking and marking for offside. Thats just beyond me and everything i've ever seen.

FatFreddysCat

Le Tiss says the Lino overuled the Ref, Apparantly the Ref dissasllowed it, Spurs players asked him to speak to the lino who then said Gallas didn't touch it, so he gave it  :49:  :014: .

Logicalman

The bottom line?
Notwithstanding that Gallas was interfering with play as the ball came through the bulk of the players, the ball ricocheted off Baird immediately after it was kicked.

The question is: Was Gallas offside when the ball was kicked?

I wonder whether the linesman actually told the ref that the ball came off of Baird, and that's why he reversed his decision.

Ordar

It was quite clearly offside. The linesman even flagged for offside and the ref over ruled him. Regardless if Gallas touched the ball, he was standing directly in front of Schwarzer. The decision was a joke. Even my friend (a Dark Side fan) said it was a joke when he watched it on tv.

Every week referees are costing us points. Its a joke

alfie

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 16, 2010, 05:41:26 PM
Le Tiss says the Lino overuled the Ref, Apparantly the Ref dissasllowed it, Spurs players asked him to speak to the lino who then said Gallas didn't touch it, so he gave it  :49:  :014: .

Bit confused with this as it looked to me that the ref gave the goal and it was the fulham players who pointed to the linesmans flag, although i could be wrong
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Aldo

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 16, 2010, 05:41:26 PM

No, lino had his flag up for offside straight away! Definitely the other way around. That's twice Spurs have done us like that. Same thing happened in the FA Cup last season! I really don't understand the offside rule any more!

HatterDon

the commentator for the world-wide feed said at least a dozen times: "The ref overturned his decision after he talked with Huddlestone." How can a player tell an official to change his call?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

Why is it that this season I end up hating referees every weekend?

I've given up now. You ref lot all deserve a big fat  :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:

Thank you and good night. :046:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I was at the game and still don't know what the hell happened,you end up leaving the ground thinking "what's the point?"