more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lazar Markovic

Started by Mince n Tatties, February 01, 2019, 07:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitrosonfire

not sure what to think...

Serbian media says that mitrovic insisted to sign markovic. thats one positive thing. he for sure knows what lazar qualities are.

But on the other side... Lazar Markovic is a ''talent'' that never made good performances in any bigger club:

- he is bad finisher
- he is weak in duels
- he is bad at defence, useless i would say.
- has no big matches in continuity.
- he is fast and thats all.

on the other side i think Fulham doesnt need wingers. there are more positions to fulfill rather than wing.

I would like to prove me wrong, bc i like that guy, and I will support him to regain his career.

terryr

I say again... Mitro was a bust when he joined.
Now he is a legend
With Mitro in his corner h'll be a blinder mark my words

Bracken White

Yep, agree about the link with Mitro & he has some flair & pace. Weakness, I guess, is his strength - unsure about his fitness but he could add to our offering and appears a positive attacking player. Need to see him in action now - open-minded.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2019, 11:22:54 AM
I very much do judge a player on what they bring to the team, and I'd be amazed if anyone thinks we are better when he plays. Individual talent means naff all if it has a negative effect on those around them. Hell even mitro said we were better when ak plays. Not sure that anyone can argue that Christie and mitro, and therefore the team all look better when we have a different right mid in. Yes he scores the odd cracker but that's literally it. Has he even managed an assist yet, and everyone knows he can't defend

Yes, and to be able to make an at least decently informed assessment of what a player brings to the team is it not reasonable to watch him over several games? If so, then taking one game as an example of why someone shouldn't be in the team is not really a very strong argument is it?

Riverside

I understand he is a RIGHT Wing
While Babel , Sess and Schurlle all prefer the left
And Vietto is a 10

And honestly if he keeps Mitro happy that's enough for me

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 01, 2019, 12:20:38 PM
I very much do judge a player on what they bring to the team, and I'd be amazed if anyone thinks we are better when he plays. Individual talent means naff all if it has a negative effect on those around them. Hell even mitro said we were better when ak plays. Not sure that anyone can argue that Christie and mitro, and therefore the team all look better when we have a different right mid in. Yes he scores the odd cracker but that's literally it. Has he even managed an assist yet, and everyone knows he can't defend

Yes, and to be able to make an at least decently informed assessment of what a player brings to the team is it not reasonable to watch him over several games? If so, then taking one game as an example of why someone shouldn't be in the team is not really a very strong argument is it?
is that a joke? schurrle has been poor all season barring the odd wonder goal.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

I feel bad for the guy really, in most circumstances, we'd be happy with this signing, excited of his potential and happy Mitro is happy we brought him in.

BUT, it was so deflating to end the window with the big bang that ended up as wafting fart. We needed urgently other positions and they weren't filled so it dampens this one.

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2019, 12:21:56 PM

What is it that is so hard to understand from the sentences presented to you in my posts? I am starting to think that you are not even reading them. Where did I even say anything about the performances of Schürrle, other than I mentioned that I wouldn't start him?

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 01, 2019, 12:26:04 PM
I feel bad for the guy really, in most circumstances, we'd be happy with this signing, excited of his potential and happy Mitro is happy we brought him in.

BUT, it was so deflating to end the window with the big bang that ended up as wafting fart. We needed urgently other positions and they weren't filled so it dampens this one.
yep, if we had of got sablay over the line, i would have been ecstatic with our window. id already stated that rb and rm were the two crucial positions for me in this window

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2019, 12:27:58 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on February 01, 2019, 12:26:04 PM

yep, if we had of got sablay over the line, i would have been ecstatic with our window. id already stated that rb and rm were the two crucial positions for me in this window

The signing at the end was just such a kick in the gut all things considered. I still think not signing a proper CB is going to get us relegated and a decent fullback but it is what it is I guess.

Hope he does well and starts to re-build his career, this is a player who was seen as worth 20m by Liverpool and we got him for free but what a way to deflate the window with that announcement at the end...

toshes mate

Quote from: TerryR on February 01, 2019, 10:46:08 AM
Does no one remember that Mitro was a bust before coming to Fulham???
I don't believe Jokanovic would ever agree with you about that, ever.  And I don't believe Mitro would either.

Jeroen

As said before its a no risk signing as we only pay his salary (with what we normally would have paid for AK47)
even if he turns out not brilliant, it keeps Mitro happy and that counts for something - A happy Mitro = a chance on survival (and hem staying next year) and unhappy Mitro sulking on the pitch is the last thing we want

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 01, 2019, 12:26:57 PM

What is it that is so hard to understand from the sentences presented to you in my posts? I am starting to think that you are not even reading them. Where did I even say anything about the performances of Schürrle, other than I mentioned that I wouldn't start him?
do enlighten me then, as i thought this "Yes, and to be able to make an at least decently informed assessment of what a player brings to the team is it not reasonable to watch him over several games? If so, then taking one game as an example of why someone shouldn't be in the team is not really a very strong argument is it?"  was a reference towards how crap schurrle was against brighton. if it wasnt, what was it in reference too?

ByTheRiver

Despite almost all recent evidence suggesting the opposite, I have a good feeling about this.

Even on the most basic level, he will not want to appear a flop in front of his childhood friend (and after his recommendation).

Twig

Whatever his qualities or lack of (and we will find out in due course), he wasn't what we needed. This window was a failure and we will be relegated.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Twig on February 01, 2019, 12:40:54 PM
Whatever his qualities or lack of (and we will find out in due course), he wasn't what we needed. This window was a failure and we will be relegated.

Sadly, I do agree with this.

Unless we beat Palace (winning two on the bounce for the first time and winning away for the first time), then I will allow myself a glimmer of hope.

I don't think we'll beat Palace though.

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2019, 12:35:12 PM

do enlighten me then, as i thought this "Yes, and to be able to make an at least decently informed assessment of what a player brings to the team is it not reasonable to watch him over several games? If so, then taking one game as an example of why someone shouldn't be in the team is not really a very strong argument is it?"  was a reference towards how crap schurrle was against brighton. if it wasnt, what was it in reference too?

I am not sure I understand your question anymore really since it seem to make no sense, but I will try one last time.

You stated to begin with that after seeing Shürrle against Brighton, and the difference when he went of surely means that you have to understand the Schürrle shouldn't play. I said that surely you shouldn't judge a player on one game alone, and as such your argument in itself was deeply flawed. My point being that anyone can have a crap game. Do you or do you not agree with that?

So yes, it was a reference to that game, and my point was that a crap game in itself is in my opinion insufficient proof of why someone should or should not play. Thus, I thought it was a bad argument.

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 01, 2019, 12:44:53 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2019, 12:35:12 PM

I am not sure I understand your question anymore really since it seem to make no sense, but I will try one last time.

You stated to begin with that after seeing Shürrle against Brighton, and the difference when he went of surely means that you have to understand the Schürrle shouldn't play. I said that surely you shouldn't judge a player on one game alone, and as such your argument in itself was deeply flawed. My point being that anyone can have a crap game. Do you or do you not agree with that?

So yes, it was a reference to that game, and my point was that a crap game in itself is in my opinion insufficient proof of why someone should or should not play. Thus, I thought it was a bad argument.
to which i replied is this a joke schurrle has been crap all season. but then strangely you proclaimed i dont even read you posts. which i clearly do.

FFC1987

With Schurrle, i do think some goals hes scored has overshadowed some rather poor performances to be honest.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 01, 2019, 12:58:34 PM
With Schurrle, i do think some goals hes scored has overshadowed some rather poor performances to be honest.
exactly that. take away the minute it took to score all six goals and what has he done?  id like to say id be amazed if raneri started him tomorrow, but id be more amazed if i could second guess him on anything