more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sessegnons general demeanour in defensive situations

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, February 22, 2019, 08:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 22, 2019, 10:21:49 PM
Put this he is only 18 sh+t to bed,there been younger players than him performed at the highest level,and got better with it.
Tinkerman was right about one thing,he is weak and needs to harden up,looked a scared rabbit at times.

Sure, but most professional players ever have not performed better at such a high level at his age. That is not a defense against his poor performance today, but against the provocingly narrow minded assessments of his future prospects as a professional at the highest level based on said performance.

I guess Sess is this weeks Seri.

Nick Bateman

One would like to point out that "Little P" was constantly obstructing Rico - other clubs have a 'minder' for their goalies but Raneiri failed to assign one for this match.  Hence Rico struggled and flapped throughout.  Even the third goal he dived too early and couldn't reach a slowly moving ball.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 22, 2019, 10:25:55 PM
Put this he is only 18 sh+t to bed,there been younger players than him performed at the highest level,and got better with it.
Tinkerman was right about one thing,he is weak and needs to harden up,looked a scared rabbit at times.

Sure, but most professional players ever have not performed better at such a high level at his age. That is not a defense against his poor performance today, but against the provocingly narrow minded assessments of his future prospects as a professional at the highest level based on said performance.

One game,he's been poor nearly every game he's played I'm afraid...
But we can't knock him as he is one of our own is that it...Sentimental trollop.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 22, 2019, 10:29:33 PM

But we can't knock him as he is one of our own is that it...Sentimental trollop.

It is surprising how most have failed to mention how poor he has been throughout the season. And I can disagree for other reasons than he is one of our own, so you do t have to invent my reasons for me. Fair enough if this has been your opinion for a long time, but I profoundly disagree. And that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he is one of our own.

hovewhite

Really hate the level of personal abuse that's given on sites including this one.hes a young lad give the abuse a rest!!!

Mince n Tatties

Nothing would make me happier than to see him go to the top of the game,but some people on here got so carried away with him in the Championship last season that when Spurs were reported to have bid 50 million for him,there were posters on here coming out with ridiculous comments like"we can't accept that hold on to him and get 100 million in a year or so fro Barca"..Utter nonsense.

Matt10

He just had a poor first half to me. First 5 minutes, excellent. Next 40...not so much. Beaten by Zabaleta and Antonio multiple times. He did recover to concede corners, but shouldn't have been there in the first place. For a posture viewpoint, he defends, then he relaxes, then defends again. He's moving quite slow as well in deciding what to do with the ball.

Being subbed off at the half is going to prove damning for him, unfortunately. Until Ranieri goes, I fear Sess will not be starting anymore. I really want him to, and want him to succeed tremendously, but in a match that is a proving point for everyone, he was not consistent enough to pass. However, I am a big defender of players that statistically lead on the team, so the fact that he is our leader in assists right now should be enough reasoning to get him on the pitch where we need much more chances for Mitro and Babel.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: hovewhite on February 22, 2019, 10:36:57 PM
Really hate the level of personal abuse that's given on sites including this one.hes a young lad give the abuse a rest!!!
[/quote

Abuse...Hilarious.

JoelH5

Not allowed to say he isn't up to it at this level yet. If you do it's abuse haha
I was there, standing in the Putney end

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 22, 2019, 10:22:13 PM
Quote from: the nutflush on February 22, 2019, 10:18:07 PM
Quote from: Baszab on February 22, 2019, 09:58:18 PM
I think he's been told not to get injured as there's 50m squid coming in from Spurs later on this year

With performances like tonight's his value is rapidly plummeting.  This is going to sound a little crazy... but we are cooked this season.  I think we should bench him and cash in for as much as we can.  We all know he's leaving so its about getting the maximum value for him.

Luckily, most scouting teams are a bit more well rounded than the general football fan when it comes to assessing a players value. If Sess plays well or not for he rest of the season will not have a huge impact on his valuation, since all have already seen plenty (both good and bad) to form an opinion.

At least that is how I see it.

I think the item that would most concern scouts is how his body is holding up, will he improve for another 10 years. At the age of 17 years and 8 month old, Ryan Giggs has played 2 professional games and Ryan Sessegnon had played around 70 games. I think Sessegnon has had enough games time, so I think once all the wingers are back, the best way to maximise his value is to give him a good rest until Watford and end the season well.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Tell you what, name me an 18 year old that's had the perfect first season in the premiership and we can go from there.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

simplyfulham

It's not like he's the only sodding one. So hardly seems fair to single him out for something more experienced pros aren't doing.

simplyfulham

That my friend, is utter crap.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on February 22, 2019, 10:43:39 PM
Tell you what, name me an 18 year old that's had the perfect first season in the premiership and we can go from there.

Wayne Rooney didn't do too bad at 16 and 17 for Everton.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: simplyfulham on February 22, 2019, 10:46:39 PM

You obviously don't go to games then.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 22, 2019, 10:50:04 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on February 22, 2019, 10:46:39 PM

You obviously don't go to games then.

You obviously have no clue how football works then.

AnOldBrownie

He'll be on Fulham's squad next season.  imo.  He's not going to start for a top tier side, and he's going to need to play consistently to get better.

Claudio won't be here so he'll probably extend his contract.

Good for Fulham and Ryan.

The Rational Fan

The "Blame Pie Chart" needs to stop especially when we are blaming a kid that has five more years left in PL2 to prepare for Premier League. The chart that should matter is the one that tells us "what can improve". I think Sessegnon needs the month od March off Football so he can finish the season strong, let him regain his fitness and blow the league away in the last six games.

JoelH5

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 22, 2019, 11:01:26 PM
He'll be on Fulham's squad next season.  imo.  He's not going to start for a top tier side, and he's going to need to play consistently to get better.

Claudio won't be here so he'll probably extend his contract.

Good for Fulham and Ryan.

That would be great for us but I think we will cash in on him so we can rebuild
I was there, standing in the Putney end

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 22, 2019, 10:49:06 PM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on February 22, 2019, 10:43:39 PM

Wayne Rooney didn't do too bad at 16 and 17 for Everton.

So, the best player we have produced in a generation.

Next.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!