https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sessegnons general demeanour in defensive situations

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, February 22, 2019, 08:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 22, 2019, 11:12:17 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 22, 2019, 11:01:26 PM
He'll be on Fulham's squad next season.  imo.  He's not going to start for a top tier side, and he's going to need to play consistently to get better.

Claudio won't be here so he'll probably extend his contract.

Good for Fulham and Ryan.

That would be great for us but I think we will cash in on him so we can rebuild

Or, keep him and cash in on the rest of the Suger Honey Iced Tea we have in the squad. Would rather keep him to progress and improve, than keep someone like Anguissa who won't.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

JoelH5

Players are getting better, younger. I do think Sess will be a PL regular but he's not quite there yet.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Sting of the North

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on February 22, 2019, 11:34:00 PM
He'll be on Fulham's squad next season.  imo.  He's not going to start for a top tier side, and he's going to need to play consistently to get better.

Or, keep him and cash in on the rest of the Suger Honey Iced Tea we have in the squad. Would rather keep him to progress and improve, than keep someone like Anguissa who won't.

Why in your opinion wouldn't Anguissa be able to improve?

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 22, 2019, 11:41:00 PM

Wel, he's five years older than Sess and people have written him off. I thought it was logical.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Sting of the North

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on February 22, 2019, 11:42:43 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on February 22, 2019, 11:41:00 PM

Wel, he's five years older than Sess and people have written him off. I thought it was logical.

So, a player five years older than an 18 year old can no longer improve? Got it.

Personally, I am not to bothered whether "people" have written someone off, since in my experience "people" on the internet are extremely shortsighted most of the time.

With that said, I prefer to keep them both.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 22, 2019, 10:03:58 PM
Quote from: Luka on February 22, 2019, 09:51:24 PM
I think that Sess has been found out.He just doesn't cut it at this pace and skill level.

He is 18. I don't even know what more to say than that, since it shouldn't be needed in my opinion. Most 18 year olds are fighting for a spot in the under 23s. Sess has been generally holding his own in the PL in one of the worst teams to ever grace this league.

But don't let that get in the way of a good bashing of course.
Exactly

SG

I am really staggered at some people's responses about the best player the club has produced in years. Last year he was a star in a successful team. This year he is struggling in a team that is losing regularly where considerably more experienced players are looking poor (and that is being generous to some). Relegation is tough for all of us but we shouldn't be turning on each other nor youngsters like Sess. He will come good and it may need a better team than ours that gives him the opportunity to showcase his undoubted talent. There are only a handful of 18 year olds breaking into PL first teams and they are being introduced very gradually. Let's give him time and retain our respect and dignity in what is a car crash of a season.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: SG on February 23, 2019, 08:18:57 AM
I am really staggered at some people's responses about the best player the club has produced in years. Last year he was a star in a successful team. This year he is struggling in a team that is losing regularly where considerably more experienced players are looking poor (and that is being generous to some). Relegation is tough for all of us but we shouldn't be turning on each other nor youngsters like Sess. He will come good and it may need a better team than ours that gives him the opportunity to showcase his undoubted talent. There are only a handful of 18 year olds breaking into PL first teams and they are being introduced very gradually. Let's give him time and retain our respect and dignity in what is a car crash of a season.

Makes me laugh posts like this,you'd think there was a witch hunt out for him.
People just pointing out obvious facts that he was poor last night and has been on a few occasions this season, that doesn't mean that we don't love the kid.
Maybe he was made to look better than he is last season under the way Joka played,or maybe this manager isn't playing to his strengths,wish I knew the answer.
But just because he one of our own you all think he should escape criticism.

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 23, 2019, 09:19:22 AM

People just pointing out obvious facts that he was poor last night and has been on a few occasions this season, that doesn't mean that we don't love the kid.
Maybe he was made to look better than he is last season under the way Joka played,or maybe this manager isn't playing to his strengths,wish I knew the answer.

He was poor last night but I totally disagree that he has been all season.  But then I guess I don't know football either?

Twig

Spot on.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on February 23, 2019, 10:56:01 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 23, 2019, 09:19:22 AM

He was poor last night but I totally disagree that he has been all season.  But then I guess I don't know football either?

Don't know about you not knowing much about football, but you don't know much about reading.
As it wasn't stated as you say he had been poor all season,occasions was the word used..
Put your specs on.

Statto

+1

Some really odd stuff on this thread considering it is a Fulham forum... suspect it would be better for the club if one or two on this thread just pi$$ed off and supported brentford

I Ronic

There were a few players last night who lost their marks at set pieces, didn't track back or just went missing. In stark contrast to their opponents. For me Sess and Bryan were culpable.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on February 23, 2019, 12:20:47 PM

+1

Some really odd stuff on this thread considering it is a Fulham forum... suspect it would be better for the club if one or two on this thread just pi$$ed off and supported brentford

Why don't you then you know all p****.😎

Statto

Suspect it's a bit late in your life to tell you this Mince but FYI, if you're nice to people, you'll feel happier inside

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on February 23, 2019, 02:32:16 PM
Suspect it's a bit late in your life to tell you this Mince but FYI, if you're nice to people, you'll feel happier inside

Maybe you need to take them words on board for yourself to think about.
Have you seen what you have called other posters on here who don't have the same opinion as you.
Hilarious two faced comment.

Baszab

Of course Anguissa can improve loads !!

He can't get much worse

Matt10

Why is this turning into an Anguissa vs Sess thread? They play completely different positions, come from different backgrounds, and have different experiences. Sess has the more experience in this type of football, so...how is this a apples to apples comparison?

Like someone said, this is not an attack on Sess. It is addressing where he was poor last night, but not ruling him out officially. I personally believe the morale for him personally is low because of Ranieri. Case and point, why can't Ranieri tell him to calm down in the first half, why is Ranieri gesturing to Parker to say it? There is a sure disconnect there.