watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro for £40m?

Started by Southcoastffc, March 16, 2019, 01:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Interesting snippet in today's Times that if (!) we're relegated and Mitro decides to go we'd ask for £40m. He has 4 years left on his contract and  no release clause.  Also says that Seri, MleM and Schurrle have relegation  pay cuts built in  to their contracts and would want to  go.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

I would not want to see Mitro leave, but we can cover for the loss of the other three, although Seri has something about him, but maybe too lightweight, for the rigours of the Championship.,
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Artful Dodger

With McDonald, Johansen and Ayite back in midfield next season, we will basically be the same 11 - apart from Mitro - that got us up. If we can use the money we get for Seri, Mitro and Anguissa wisely - i.e. good championship players or premier league players not getting a regular game - then we have a good shot at going back up again. It won't be like the last time when every single 1st team player bar Scott Parker left. I don't even see Sess or Cairney going now, so it will just be like we had a bizarre dream where we were in the prem for a year and we will wake up back where we were!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Barrett487

Quote from: Artful Dodger on March 16, 2019, 02:43:40 PM
With McDonald, Johansen and Ayite back in midfield next season, we will basically be the same 11 - apart from Mitro - that got us up. If we can use the money we get for Seri, Mitro and Anguissa wisely - i.e. good championship players or premier league players not getting a regular game - then we have a good shot at going back up again. It won't be like the last time when every single 1st team player bar Scott Parker left. I don't even see Sess or Cairney going now, so it will just be like we had a bizarre dream where we were in the prem for a year and we will wake up back where we were!!
Stefjo will be a free agent as far as i'm aware

I Ronic

Mitro is Premiership quality and lets face it. If we'd have managed to stay up a bigger clubs would be in for him and we'd be starting a second season without him. Take the profit now keep the rest unless we can recoup fee and wages and see if we can find another goal scorer to get us out of the Championship. Last time we went down there were wholesale changes and that nearly saw us drop twice in two seasons.

Robbie

Mitro is a fine player but it is totally unproven he is PL quality. He has been pretty average this season and does not look fit enough.
£40m .... Kerching !   That is 6 decent C-Ship players.

Milo

Keep them to their contracts except Schurrle.

Seri in the Championship would be very interesting!

Twig

This has been explained so many times. We won't get money back on the likes of Seri or Zambo. They have a book value reflecting what we paid amortised over several years. If we sell at a loss we don't free up money for a buying spree.

davew

Quote from: Milo on March 16, 2019, 03:34:21 PM

Schurrle and a few others have never been kept to their contracts, they were supposed to play football for us!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Statto

+1
With the caveat that, as a thank you for last season, if Mitro really desparately wanted to leave I would hope we allow him to

Penfold

I can't see that he'd want to stay, especially with a pay cut.

Yes, he might be under contract but in the championship we are going to need players that want to play for us.

davew

Quote from: Penfold on March 16, 2019, 04:36:19 PM

I can't see that he'd want to stay, especially with a pay cut.

Yes, he might be under contract but in the championship we are going to need players that want to play for us.
We need more than that, we need payers with enough ability to play for us and also who want to play for us, short in numbers on that count!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Robbie on March 16, 2019, 03:33:54 PM
Mitro is a fine player but it is totally unproven he is PL quality. He has been pretty average this season and does not look fit enough.
£40m .... Kerching !   That is 6 decent C-Ship players.

And, if we do sell him at anything like the figure quoted in the article, it's against £24m we allegedly paid for him.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Look compared to our last Championship team we will be missing Frederick, Targette and Mitrovic for certain and probably Cairney and Sess. as well. There will be a lot of rebuilding to be undertaken, don't expect quick success.

David I

Ha ha ha 😆😆🤣 and there in lies the problem .. using words such as "spending money wisely" 🤦‍♂️

S.F.Sorrow

We will be missing Fredericks, Norwood, Kalas, Piazon and Ojo. They all made a contributions to our promotion season. Most of them not good enough to be starters but at least they provided some depth to a very thin squad.

Preseason was a disaster but I fear we may be even worse prepared for next season. When our current loan players have left and a few others (probably) sold there won't be much left. What makes any of you think TK is capable of providing us with a decent Championship squad? It will all be last minute panic deals again. Just look at the permanent transfers we did for our promotion season:

Djalo, Cisse, Kamara, Fonte, Mollo, Christie.

Kamara was ok until he turned out to be a nutjob. But the rest? Most of the players on permanent deals that got us up were signed before TK was appointed Director of Everything. I have a really, REALLY bad feeling for next season. I know, it's far too soon to start worrying but that's what everyone told me back in July and look where we are now.

davew

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on March 16, 2019, 09:18:13 PM
We will be missing Fredericks, Norwood, Kalas, Piazon and Ojo. They all made a contributions to our promotion season. Most of them not good enough to be starters but at least they provided some depth to a very thin squad.

Preseason was a disaster but I fear we may be even worse prepared for next season. When our current loan players have left and a few others (probably) sold there won't be much left. What makes any of you think TK is capable of providing us with a decent Championship squad? It will all be last minute panic deals again. Just look at the permanent transfers we did for our promotion season:

Kamara was ok until he turned out to be a nutjob. But the rest? Most of the players on permanent deals that got us up were signed before TK was appointed Director of Everything. I have a really, REALLY bad feeling for next season. I know, it's far too soon to start worrying but that's what everyone told me back in July and look where we are now.
To be brief I think I agree with you, we could be in a lot of trouble next season, almost as bad as this season!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on March 16, 2019, 04:32:06 PM

+1
With the caveat that, as a thank you for last season, if Mitro really desparately wanted to leave I would hope we allow him to

My understanding is Tottenham already offerred £43m for Mitro (£27m for Fulham and the £16m for Mitro over 5 years) in the winter transfer window. If he really wants to go now, he can take the pay cut to £3m so Fulham get £40m. If I was Mitrovoic, I'd hang around at least half a season, because if we are mid-table Fulham will be happy to sell him without a pay cut.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on March 16, 2019, 04:24:48 PM

Schurrle and a few others have never been kept to their contracts, they were supposed to play football for us!

👍⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on March 16, 2019, 09:41:08 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on March 16, 2019, 09:18:13 PM

To be brief I think I agree with you, we could be in a lot of trouble next season, almost as bad as this season!

I have the same feeling.

Never forget your Roots.