Started by Neil D, March 17, 2019, 06:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 21, 2019, 05:41:21 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 20, 2019, 11:10:55 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 20, 2019, 10:57:14 AM
Quote from: cookieg on March 20, 2019, 09:40:43 AM
Harsh maybe but thems the rules.

A sensible post, we are a soft touch on and off the pitch, and our overall good nature is taken advantage of, there is no respect, if you act like a door mat, opponents will treat you like a door mat.

Well, it seems Norwich and Burton Albion won't be in the Championship next year, so being the Championships best behaved team should be easy for us to win.  049:gif

But there is no cigar, or even a coconut let alone a goldfish to acknowledge this achievement.
Therefore, unfortunately I would imagine it will pass unnoticed by the footballing world.

Not true, it will be appreciated with opposition fans paying large sums of money for seats at Craven Cottage.

Westlondonffc

Quote from: Mighty Maik on March 20, 2019, 09:18:19 PM
It seems like most of those posting were at the game. I was too. We had some Liverpool fans around us. Didn't bother me. This is why: The club did a minutes applause for Zara Barka-Harrison, who died recently at the age of 36. She was  a club employee who I had known for the entire fourteen years she'd worked at the club. She was also married to our kit man. She had a fourteen or fifteen month old baby. She was also a Liverpool fan (her second team). During the minutes applause the Liverpool fans began to sing "You'll Never Walk Alone". All of the people around me were deeply moved by the gesture. So was I. I thought then, as I do now, that Fulham is different. A family, a place where other football fans embrace our sensibilities because of the Cottage and the river and...the fans. I don;t recognise all of the divisive remarks I read on this board - not about our club not on that afternoon. We have had a terrible season. We've been terribly let down by people (or maybe a single person) who have not been good stewards of the Club. But the essential goodness and decency of everyone I know there is undiminished whether we win or lose. A guy with his two kids celebrating a Liverpool goal? In the scheme of things. I guess I would have thought of Zara and her now motherless baby and the respect the Liverpool fans paid to her, and let it slide.
It's sad what happened to her but the concept of supporting two clubs is one I fundamentally disagree with

Jimpav

Quote from: filham on March 18, 2019, 05:31:21 PM
So we ejected a harmless family from the ground and really spoilt their expensive day out, surely a little common sense could have been applied.

A few years ago I took a lady who was an armchair Arsenal fan to the Arsenal Fulham game as an 80th birthday present, she had never been to the new Arsenal home and she had a wonderful day. We both sat in the Fulham end, was I wrong to do this.

Surely we all like to take friends and relations who are not Fulham fans to the Cottage .

What am I going to say to my granddaughter, a strong Watford fan, in a few weeks time when she announces that she has got a ticket for me next to her at Vicarage Road for the Watford v Fulham match.

The family had their expensive day out spoilt - I expect there were a few Fulham fans who had an expensive day spoilt by this chump celebrating exuberantly. It's hard enough watching your team lose at the best of times without an away fan rubbing your nose in it.

Yes, I Have taken friends and family that are not Fulham fans. Thankfully they've all been gracious enough to not celebrate the oppositions goals, and just enjoyed the match.

Enjoy your trip to Watford, just don't be a tosser and celebrate wildly if we score, then I'm sure you will have a great day out.

gang

Quote from: cookieg on March 20, 2019, 09:40:43 AM
You have to ask yourself "Would that father take his kids to Old Trafford and sit amongst the ManUre fans?" Or Chelsea or Everton? Of course he wouldn't. The stewards would have had him and his kids out in no time for their own safety. So why is it acceptable that he can buy tickets and sit amongst Fulham fans? Would those who said he should have been left alone be happy if he was a QPR or Leeds fan celebrating?

I am sick and tired of our club being seen as a soft touch on and off the pitch with away fans thinking they can sit anywhere without having to deal with any consequences of their actions. What would have happened if a Fulham fan took offence to this bloke and punched him? There are rules and regulations in place for the safety of people going to a football match and this includes away fans in home areas.

Our stewards are hopeless anyway and will do all they can to avoid doing anything, other than block the walkways. But in these instances the away fans should be ejected, their tickets confiscated and the club should carry out an investigation as to how they got those tickets. If they were given to them by S/T holders then that person should be banned from getting another ticket, if bought by a Member then the booking history should be looked at and that person banned from being a member. I do wonder how many recent Members and S/T holders will be renewing at the end of this season? So hopefully this situation wont arise again.

Harsh maybe but thems the rules.

Couldn't agree more, as I said in my previous answer why did he think he was above the law?
If we disagree with a law, change it through Parliament.

gang

Quote from: Chesh on March 20, 2019, 12:16:44 AM
Quote from: KJS on March 19, 2019, 09:08:30 PM
Quote from: Chesh on March 19, 2019, 10:11:04 AM
Seems to me that people would rather eradicate the relatively harmless symptom than the cause, which is our football club.

The reason FFC fans were not in those seats is because  Fulham FC made sure they sold inpromptu memberships, to ensure that overpriced tickets were all sold - knowing full well that those memberships would be taken up by Liverpool fans and touts.

Once this has happened, it was not a secret that there would be Liverpool fans in home areas.

As I  said the horse had already bolted, and if Fulham FC choose the same method of ticket sales again it will happen against any big team.

Yet people would rather froth at the mouth over non-threatening families who naively or otherwise have taken advantage of our club's own policy to see their team.

I totally agree that threatening, or mouthy, away fans should get dealt with on the spot, but I don't understand why banter could not have replaced total intolerance in this case  - this dad and his kids were trying to enjoy a football match.....I really don't see what people were so frightened of (rules or no rules), especially when the dad apologised and promised to tone it down.

God I hate snowflakes!!!

The fact he celebrated despite knowing that he was in a home section shows lack of respect for the Fulham fans and also for his own children's well being!

Ha ha, the irony of someone who feels so threatened by this 'disrespect' calling others snowflakes.

As I say, it's a bloke and his kids - anyone offended by these three needs to have a look at themselves.

what is a snowflake?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: gang on March 22, 2019, 11:25:52 AM
Seems to me that people would rather eradicate the relatively harmless symptom than the cause, which is our football club.

The reason FFC fans were not in those seats is because  Fulham FC made sure they sold inpromptu memberships, to ensure that overpriced tickets were all sold - knowing full well that those memberships would be taken up by Liverpool fans and touts.

Once this has happened, it was not a secret that there would be Liverpool fans in home areas.

As I  said the horse had already bolted, and if Fulham FC choose the same method of ticket sales again it will happen against any big team.

Yet people would rather froth at the mouth over non-threatening families who naively or otherwise have taken advantage of our club's own policy to see their team.

I totally agree that threatening, or mouthy, away fans should get dealt with on the spot, but I don't understand why banter could not have replaced total intolerance in this case  - this dad and his kids were trying to enjoy a football match.....I really don't see what people were so frightened of (rules or no rules), especially when the dad apologised and promised to tone it down.

God I hate snowflakes!!!

The fact he celebrated despite knowing that he was in a home section shows lack of respect for the Fulham fans and also for his own children's well being!

Ha ha, the irony of someone who feels so threatened by this 'disrespect' calling others snowflakes.

As I say, it's a bloke and his kids - anyone offended by these three needs to have a look at themselves.

what is a snowflake?

It's a big girls blouse.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

For 5 /6 years (from 1995) I took my daughter to almost every home and away game.
She was 8 when we started going, the last year was when we won the CS in 2000-2001
after which I moved to US.
We sat and stood in all sorts of areas of numerous grounds, the only 'agro' we had was
the 'minor incident' at Villa and an aggravated older man when we left the ground at Lincoln
having beaten them 2-1  (we were arrogant Southerners who didn't deserve to win)

This travel and experiences created a fantastic 'bonding' between us which to this day,
even after her marriage and recent baby and a 3,000 mile distance, is as strong as  ever.

not sure if this makes me a bad parent or not ?

PS: Her and her husband went to the playoff final last season
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Twig

Quote from: gang on March 22, 2019, 11:25:52 AM

God I hate snowflakes!!!

what is a snowflake?

If you take a reasoned view he calls you a snowflake. He made the same comment about me earlier this year. I think it means he hates people who take a reasoned balanced view which may smack of a liberal minded attitude.

Woolly Mammoth

I suppose the best way to avoid being called a snowflake, is to avoid acting like a big girls blouse.

Never forget your Roots.

gang

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 23, 2019, 12:00:20 AM
I suppose the best way to avoid being called a snowflake, is to avoid acting like a big girls blouse.

Snowflake is a strange thing to call someone, then you bring in big girls blouses.
Merkwürdig.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: gang on March 23, 2019, 10:00:39 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 23, 2019, 12:00:20 AM

Snowflake is a strange thing to call someone, then you bring in big girls blouses.
Merkwürdig.

It is not strange to me.

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

I remember being at Brentford one Saturday with away supporters kept vey quiet until the third goal went in then the whole place erupted. I think there were more Fulham than Brentford