more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Quote from: sarnian on June 08, 2019, 10:36:35 PM
All these websites that you find on News Now are a joke. Apparently we are going to loan out Mitro for £2m. Anyone who believes that must have a screw loose.  :dead horse:
Actually we have had 2 loan bods for him one each from Greece and Turkey, not as silly as it seems IMO. If he loves the club and fans as he says but wants top flight football (have not seen him anything to say ha has said solely prem football) then why not a loan and he comes back next season if we have been promoted or we sell him then.

Doesn't seem a bad idea as long as his wages are covered in full by the loaning club and we get a good loan fee

Mince n Tatties

Have we signed anyone yet?
I'm starting to get very impatient.
😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

Chutney

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 10, 2019, 01:47:58 PM
😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

Our DOF is away on other business, AEW and the Jaguars are taking a lot of his time right no, I wouldn't expect us to make any moves at all until he's back
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 10, 2019, 01:47:58 PM
😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

It's not August 7th yet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

wheelerdeeler

Thought I'd bring up a couple more names I'd like to see us sign that 99% of you have never heard of. Thought I'd specifically look at young players this time that we could look to bring into the mix given there's not many stand-out players in our academy teams bar the couple we already know about.

Iyenoma Udogie (16, Hellas Verona)
Udogie reminds me a lot of Sessegnon in some ways. He was one of the highlights of the U17 Euros where Italy finished as runners up, and Udogie starred at Left-Back. But he could end up getting pushed further forward given he does seem to have an eye for goal considering he's scored 6 goals from Left-Back for Hellas Verona's U17s in what is now last season. Think if we did sign him he could go straight into the mix with the first-team as cover for Bryan initially as well, I genuinely think he is that good despite his age. Again, reminds me a lot of Sessegnon. 

Innocent Assana Nah (18, Cotonsport)
Most of you won't have heard of Cotonsport, given they're a Cameroon based team. But you may have heard of some of the players they've produced like Vincent Aboubakar, Djene Dakonam (who should be in for a big move this summer given he's linked with Arsenal and Everton) and a certain Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa.

Thought rather than overspend massively like we did on Zambo, we could try going straight to the source. Assana Nah's a left-winger who can score and assist. He also has the nickname "Jimmy". The thing with him would be trying to get a work permit, and we'd probably have to loan him out to teams on the continent for a year or two to try and boost his case for one.

Joe Hodge (16, Man City)
Like Udogie, Hodge had a very good U17 Euros. Hodge is a DM by trade, and that's definitely something we don't have at any of our youth levels to a decent standard. Would also think we could sign him as well given how City end up losing their youth players like Sancho when it becomes clear there's not a proper pathway to the first team that we could offer him.

The Rational Fan

It would be good to get some mid 20s homegrown players with some Championship experience, as we will need to name seven homegrown players in every squad next season. And, with only seven established homegrown players including Betts, Rodak, Christie, Mawson, Bryan, Cairney and Fonte, we could be forced to name some weak homegrown players if they cannot play (or if one of our goalkeepers isn't homegrown).

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 11, 2019, 08:30:54 AM
It would be good to get some mid 20s homegrown players with some Championship experience, as we will need to name seven homegrown players in every squad next season. And, with only seven established homegrown players including Betts, Rodak, Christie, Mawson, Bryan, Cairney and Fonte, we could be forced to name some weak homegrown players if they cannot play (or if one of our goalkeepers isn't homegrown).

But surely some of our academy players would count as homegrown as well? Meaning that if either of the Sessegnon's, Fossey, Drameh, De La Torre, O'Riley or Elliott is in the squad they would help make up the numbers? Since I would expect a few of them to be regular squad players. Or am I missing something?

filham

Beginning to think that we need the Sess. matter to be sorted in order to kick start the movement of players and the assembly of the team for next season.

No doubt that we need to know at an early stage whether or not we need to replace him and his transfer fee must make a big difference to our available transfer budget.

Problem is of course that possible big spenders likely to offer best price for Sess. have no immediate need for him but see him as an investment for the future. they are therefore likely to let matters drag on to the end of the window.

We need perhaps to generate some fake news in order to make the big teams active. Send Sess. on an away day to Madrid may work wonders.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 11, 2019, 09:19:07 AM

But surely some of our academy players would count as homegrown as well? Meaning that if either of the Sessegnon's, Fossey, Drameh, De La Torre, O'Riley or Elliott is in the squad they would help make up the numbers? Since I would expect a few of them to be regular squad players. Or am I missing something?

Yes, they do count as homegrown, but what if after a few games we find Fossey, Drameh, De La Torre, O'Riley and Elliott need an extra season to develop into top Championship Players; but we have to name a bench of Rodak, Fossey, Drameh, De La Torre, O'Riley, Elliott and Fonte against Leeds Away.

Our bench needs to be stronger than Fabri, Odoi, MLM, McDoanld, Johansen, Kamara and Atiye with under 21 players proving that they are better options than the old guard. We must not make the same mistake as last season with a starting lineup that should be ready for Premier League (including Fabri, TFM, Chambers at CB, Bryan, McDonald, Anguissa and Ryan Sessegnon) without a list of proven backups for that league on the bench.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on June 11, 2019, 11:47:42 AM
Beginning to think that we need the Sess. matter to be sorted in order to kick start the movement of players and the assembly of the team for next season.

No doubt that we need to know at an early stage whether or not we need to replace him and his transfer fee must make a big difference to our available transfer budget.

Problem is of course that possible big spenders likely to offer best price for Sess. have no immediate need for him but see him as an investment for the future. they are therefore likely to let matters drag on to the end of the window.

We need perhaps to generate some fake news in order to make the big teams active. Send Sess. on an away day to Madrid may work wonders.

No need for fake news, Ryan Sessegnon is playing in the UEFA European under-21s Cup. Every game is watched by half the worlds scouts, and he could potentially play up to five. He could do really well as his preparation has been excellent, not many players going have 100 games of Championship experience and 2,000 minutes of Premier League experience.

If he has a brilliant tournament, Tottenham will find him and his brother bought by Liverpool for £50m (the buyout price). Let's remind ourselves that Ryan Sessegnon played more minutes in the premier league (hardest domestic league in the world) this season than all the kids younger than himself combined.

Penfold

It's all going to be a bit quiet at the moment with loads of people being on holiday etc. I assume those bloodsuckers known as agents even have some time off.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 11, 2019, 11:53:38 AM

Yes, they do count as homegrown, but what if after a few games we find Fossey, Drameh, De La Torre, O'Riley and Elliott need an extra season to develop into top Championship Players; but we have to name a bench of Rodak, Fossey, Drameh, De La Torre, O'Riley, Elliott and Fonte against Leeds Away.

Our bench needs to be stronger than Fabri, Odoi, MLM, McDoanld, Johansen, Kamara and Atiye with under 21 players proving that they are better options than the old guard. We must not make the same mistake as last season with a starting lineup that should be ready for Premier League (including Fabri, TFM, Chambers at CB, Bryan, McDonald, Anguissa and Ryan Sessegnon) without a list of proven backups for that league on the bench.

Why on earth would our bench in the Championship have to be stronger than Fabri, Odoi, MLM, McDonald, Johansen, Kamara and Ayite? That sounds like an very strong bench for that level, with all of those players good enough to be starting for most of our opponents.

Alos, those youngsters were added to the 7 already named by you. I think you will find that contrary to your wishes we will not end up with a squad of 30+ established Championship players, and in case of an absolute injury crisis we will likely struggle unless several of the youngsters really step up their game. But that goes for every team in almost every league. If you lose say 10 of your better players to injury/suspensions then you will likely struggle, so let's hope that won't happen to us.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 11, 2019, 12:35:05 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 11, 2019, 11:53:38 AM

Why on earth would our bench in the Championship have to be stronger than Fabri, Odoi, MLM, McDonald, Johansen, Kamara and Ayite? That sounds like an very strong bench for that level, with all of those players good enough to be starting for most of our opponents.

Alos, those youngsters were added to the 7 already named by you. I think you will find that contrary to your wishes we will not end up with a squad of 30+ established Championship players, and in case of an absolute injury crisis we will likely struggle unless several of the youngsters really step up their game. But that goes for every team in almost every league. If you lose say 10 of your better players to injury/suspensions then you will likely struggle, so let's hope that won't happen to us.

Why on earth would our bench in the Championship have to be stronger? Because we have the money now, and we won't be allowed to spend it in a few year due to FFP Rules and maximium allowed losses. Yes, I am basically advocating spending every cent we have over the next three years.

Next Season is our best chance ever to get promoted, because we have the kind of financial advantages that Manchester City has in the Premier League. Our problem is some of our players won't fire and other will get injured, plus other teams will be more settled and have better team work. So, Fulham need to have more depth than any other team in the league (preferable more depth than any team ever in the Championship), which is easily possible if we sell a player like Sessegnon for £30m+, we get 50m from parchate payments and a cash injection from the Khans of 13m plus some regular revenue too.

Last time, we were in the Championship 17/18 our "turnover plus profit on player sales" was £52m, next year 19/20 it could be an enormous £92m (with 20m more TV payments and 20m more in profit on player sales). The other teams in the Championship like Brentford will be struggling along with £13m turnover, so yes we should be able to afford a team that can beat Brentford even with 10 or more injuries.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 11, 2019, 12:59:16 PM

Why on earth would our bench in the Championship have to be stronger? Because we have the money now, and we won't be allowed to spend it in a few year due to FFP Rules and maximium allowed losses. Yes, I am basically advocating spending every cent we have over the next three years.

Next Season is our best chance ever to get promoted, because we have the kind of financial advantages that Manchester City has in the Premier League. Our problem is some of our players won't fire and other will get injured, plus other teams will be more settled and have better team work. So, Fulham need to have more depth than any other team in the league (preferable more depth than any team ever in the Championship), which is easily possible if we sell a player like Sessegnon for £30m+, we get 50m from parchate payments and a cash injection from the Khans of 13m plus some regular revenue too.

Why would other teams be more settled and have better team work? Unless we are going your proposed way with three sets of 11 players that is, because then naturally we would not be settled for years. Just to be clear, I don't oppose having a strong squad as such, but I believe it is immensely more important to have a settled team with players that know each other and have had a full pre-season together. I also don't see from where we will get this extreme depth, since I would assume that most established Championship players or better would not come to us without seeing at least a good chance for a place in the starting eleven. Unless we severely overpay for them that is of course, which is never a good thing.   

Also, if our bench is stronger than that, do you propose that players like Odoi, MLM, Ayite, Kamara, Johansen and McDonald should ideally not even be in the match day squad?

Mince n Tatties

Once again we're getting quote after quote added.
Hello...Its transfer Gossip not about players we already have.😵
Read OP.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 11, 2019, 01:24:50 PM
Once again we're getting quote after quote added.
Hello...Its transfer Gossip not about players we already have.😵
Read OP.

Just in the post above you I cut out most of the previous quotes, as has been many times advised. I do see were you are coming from regarding the purpose of the thread though, and will make sure to not derail it by discussing transfer strategies if that feels too of topic.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 11, 2019, 01:14:05 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 11, 2019, 12:59:16 PM

Why would other teams be more settled and have better team work? Unless we are going your proposed way with three sets of 11 players that is, because then naturally we would not be settled for years. Just to be clear, I don't oppose having a strong squad as such, but I believe it is immensely more important to have a settled team with players that know each other and have had a full pre-season together. I also don't see from where we will get this extreme depth, since I would assume that most established Championship players or better would not come to us without seeing at least a good chance for a place in the starting eleven. Unless we severely overpay for them that is of course, which is never a good thing.   

Also, if our bench is stronger than that, do you propose that players like Odoi, MLM, Ayite, Kamara, Johansen and McDonald should ideally not even be in the match day squad?

I also agree a settled team is key. The secret from a recruitment perspective of having a settled team is i) not selling key players and ii) not changing the first XI to much. Hence, the best way to enhance the squad without ruining the chemistry is to enhance the bench and deepen the squad (replace players like Cisse and Fonte). As for whether existing players should keep out new players, I would say of course existing players should stay on the bench until the new players imbed themselves in the team and show they are better. We can always sell or loan players in the winter transfer window if we have too many.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 11, 2019, 01:49:56 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on June 11, 2019, 01:44:52 PM
Yes please:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2019/06/11/wolves-open-to-offers-for-duo/

Pretty much the dream for me right now. What a combo or talent we'd add to our side.

If you could only choose one of these two, whic one would you choose Costa or Cavaleiro?