Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 20, 2019, 12:28:01 AM
Quote from: Milo on June 19, 2019, 10:53:24 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on June 19, 2019, 10:51:31 PM
Surely we could use some of the Sessegnon money to fund Mitros wages. I dont think we will be able to buy a better striker.

Agree

If Sessegnon wins a "match of the match" for u21 England in the next few days, then Fulham will get a huge payday soon and i wouldn't be selling Mitro if we have plenty of cash.

I know I have challenged this, in my opinion, extremely narrow view before, but really Sessegnon has already proved himself in far more competitive environments than an under 21 tournament. I would guess that any impact on price is marginal at best, regardless of whether he stink or shine. Any half decent professional would instead already have watched many of his over 100 senior games if they were seriously interested in buying Sessegnon. But what do I know.

junior white

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 20, 2019, 08:23:52 AM
Surely we could use some of the Sessegnon money to fund Mitros wages. I dont think we will be able to buy a better striker.

Agree

If Sessegnon wins a "match of the match" for u21 England in the next few days, then Fulham will get a huge payday soon and i wouldn't be selling Mitro if we have plenty of cash.

I know I have challenged this, in my opinion, extremely narrow view before, but really Sessegnon has already proved himself in far more competitive environments than an under 21 tournament. I would guess that any impact on price is marginal at best, regardless of whether he stink or shine. Any half decent professional would instead already have watched many of his over 100 senior games if they were seriously interested in buying Sessegnon. But what do I know.
Tend to agree they should have, but I would also say that if they watched some of the performances last season then the fee may well have reduced. I do say that taking into account as a team we didnt play well a lot of the time and the clueless Ranieri damaging his confidence.

Mince n Tatties

Obviously no sign or word of anyone signing then.😠

David I

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 20, 2019, 10:18:11 AM
They've (FFC) learnt from their mistakes and are working (or was it w@n king)  tirelessly behind the scenes to bring in players before the 31st of August...

Wonder which injured players they are looking this season?

toshes mate

Quote from: junior white on June 20, 2019, 10:13:26 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on June 20, 2019, 08:23:52 AM

Agree

Tend to agree they should have, but I would also say that if they watched some of the performances last season then the fee may well have reduced. I do say that taking into account as a team we didnt play well a lot of the time and the clueless Ranieri damaging his confidence.
Watching the first England u21 game I did feel the leftovers from Ranieri's senseless actions are still haunting the teenager.  RS could do with some serious work from people he has turned to in the past and that may be SP rather than anyone else.   He has a tough call to make for himself but I feel the contract extension is a whole separate issue which FFC may be handling with a lot of latitude on both sides.   Of course we will not know what happens behind the scenes and we will get frustrated by that but I wouldn't want to call it right now in the way some people are calling it.  The Ranieri period will have demonstrated to RS just how one decision made by owners of a club can change the way you feel about life.

grandad

If Wan- Bissaka has a £50 mil price tag Sess must be worth £100 mil in comparison. He was dreadful the whole game. Mind you Sess was not much better.
Where there's a will there's a wife

I Ronic

I'm starting to think maybe nobody will make a bid for him and they'll all wait till his contract has ended and then all dive in with offers. Be cheaper than paying Fulham a fee.

sarnian

Quote from: David I on June 20, 2019, 10:32:01 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 20, 2019, 10:18:11 AM
They've (FFC) learnt from their mistakes and are working (or was it w@n king)  tirelessly behind the scenes to bring in players before the 31st of August...

Wonder which injured players they are looking this season?

Shame the window closes 20 days earlier.  :dead horse:

Statto

Quote from: I Ronic on June 20, 2019, 07:45:02 AM
There are  plenty of people out there in the work place who don't have a history in the industry they're working in. They're there because of their particular skill set.

I accept there are roles for people with a different "skill set". Psychologists to work with the players, even mathematics and IT experts to support the use of statistics in player recruitment, etc.

The problem with TK is not only does he have no background in football, but he doesn't appear to have any relevant qualifications, experience or skills at all.

When he became involved in Fulham, he was 30 years old. His friend whose name we no longer mention was a law graduate (which BTW, requires full time study to at least the age of 24 in the US) who TK had met at college. They were not, for example, a couple of maths geniuses who decided to apply their data analytical skills to football. 

Mince n Tatties

I'm getting restless.
Somebody just make up a signing,that might make the boring wait go away.😠

I Ronic

Quote from: Statto on June 20, 2019, 01:30:16 PM
There are  plenty of people out there in the work place who don't have a history in the industry they're working in. They're there because of their particular skill set.

I accept there are roles for people with a different "skill set". Psychologists to work with the players, even mathematics and IT experts to support the use of statistics in player recruitment, etc.

The problem with TK is not only does he have no background in football, but he doesn't appear to have any relevant qualifications, experience or skills at all.

When he became involved in Fulham, he was 30 years old. His friend whose name we no longer mention was a law graduate (which BTW, requires full time study to at least the age of 24 in the US) who TK had met at college. They were not, for example, a couple of maths geniuses who decided to apply their data analytical skills to football.

So he's only in the job because his dad owns the Club?

Sting of the North

Quote from: I Ronic on June 20, 2019, 02:03:34 PM

As a short answer, I would guess "yes". It is of course a bit more complex than that more often than not, in almost all situations. He is probably in the job because his dad owns the club, and because he wanted the challenge and made a case for himself, and because his dad believes that he can do a good enough job. It is hard to see any other obvious reasons. Or maybe rather ask yourself, would he be in the job if his dad didn't own the club? Because I don't think he would be anywhere near such a position in such a big club.

I Ronic

The Chairmans done pretty well for himself so I guess he's a bit savvy. I'd agree with you Sting, that without his dad owning the club he wouldn't be in this particular job. I don't believe he'd let him do the job though unless he was convinced he was capable and would protect his asset long term.

Chutney

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 19, 2019, 04:13:23 PM
Quote from: Chutney on June 19, 2019, 03:57:16 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on June 19, 2019, 03:53:38 PM
Quote from: Chutney on June 19, 2019, 02:55:01 PM
Tony Khan is still in the USA on business with AEW, we won't do any business until he returns. No point us getting our panties in a bunch until then, nothing we can do without him.

Surely they have both email and phones in the United States?  Or is TK also conducting any medicals himself, since that might actually require him to be physically present?

I'm not sure how people can expect him to do anything while he's away with AEW, its a full time job, until he's back he won't realistically have any time for transfer business, and nothing can be signed off without him. Its not like he's away on a relaxing break and can take calls regarding something else, he is working setting up a brand new company from scratch.

There is no point us even speculating until he's back, nothing can be done until then due to our system. He is required to approve and sign off all transfers, and scouting/stats all come under him.

So you mean that not only is it not possible for TK to work on more than one thing at a time, but him not being in the UK also means that no other person involved in transfers can do anything? I don't think that TK is personally doing everything from actual data analysis to scouting to every single part of negotiations for every inbound and outbound transfer.

This is surely complete nonsense. I mean, it is of course possible that TK is completely ignoring FFC at the moment, but that is obviously not because it would be impossible for a person to work on multiple projects simultaneously. And again, things can be handled remotely, this goes also for approvals and sign offs.

Lastly, regardless of the above, why would we not speculate in the meantime?

He is currently away with AEW, that is taking all of hsi time currently, he will then split his time upon returning between us, AEW and the Jags.

I didn't say he is doing everything as a one man band, I just said that without him here to sign off on things, they scouts etc can only go on previous instruction, and no negotiations/deals can't be completed, this is a fact, its how our recruitment system works. He must personally sign off on any deals or they don't get completed.

Ideally we'd have DOF without any other roles, as DOF of a professional football club should be a full time role. Unfortunately we don't have that option.

Its fine, speculate all you want, I'm just telling you its pointless as nothing will be happening currently regarding bringing new faces in any further than producing a list of names, things will start once Tony Khan is back from working on his other roles.
C O Y W

Chutney

Quote from: I Ronic on June 20, 2019, 02:03:34 PM

100% yes.
C O Y W

Mince n Tatties

Stoke in for Gayle... Geordies want £20 mill.

JoelH5

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 20, 2019, 06:14:26 PM
Stoke in for Gayle... Geordies want £20 mill.

We should get him. Mitro and Gayle is a Championship winning front line
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Sting of the North

Quote from: Chutney on June 20, 2019, 05:54:25 PM

He is currently away with AEW, that is taking all of hsi time currently, he will then split his time upon returning between us, AEW and the Jags.

I didn't say he is doing everything as a one man band, I just said that without him here to sign off on things, they scouts etc can only go on previous instruction, and no negotiations/deals can't be completed, this is a fact, its how our recruitment system works. He must personally sign off on any deals or they don't get completed.

Ideally we'd have DOF without any other roles, as DOF of a professional football club should be a full time role. Unfortunately we don't have that option.

Its fine, speculate all you want, I'm just telling you its pointless as nothing will be happening currently regarding bringing new faces in any further than producing a list of names, things will start once Tony Khan is back from working on his other roles.

Ok, since it appears you are missing my points, I'll try another approach:

- How do you know for a fact (which means that it should be actually true) that AEW is taking all (100 %) of TK's time? To me that seem like an odd thing for TK to share with other people, and it also seem like an odd way of working when you have multiple responsibilities.

- Let's pretend that it is indeed a fact that the club basically cannot complete anything without TK personally signing off, but further pretend for just a second that TK could take a few seconds out of his AEW schedule (maybe he is just working 99,9 % for them). Why do you then believe that TK must be physically present in order to sign off on something?

- You also state that nothing will happen other than maybe that someone at the club being able to produce a list of names. What leads you to believe this? Why wouldn't people be able to do analysis, scout, negotiate etc. when TK is away? Do you not think that the work is ongoing behind the scenes all the time, but instead that work is almost not even started before TK is back? What is the rationale behind this line of thought?

Again, lastly isn't now a good time to speculate then? Since it is often better to speculate before the deals are done. After they are done, it is not much to speculate about.   

AnOldBrownie

Another week about to be gone.

Mitro, Sess, Anguissa and TC are still Whites.

I'm  :yay: :yay: :yay:

Good transfer window so far.     Transfer rumors suck anyway.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 20, 2019, 07:01:29 PM
Another week about to be gone.

Mitro, Sess, Anguissa and TC are still Whites.

I'm  :yay: :yay: :yay:

Good transfer window so far.     Transfer rumors suck anyway.

We all know TC is staying.
But doubt the other 3 will be.