Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 06, 2019, 09:42:51 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 06, 2019, 08:59:21 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on July 06, 2019, 08:44:09 AM
It's a bit concerning that other than Pontus Jansson, we keep being linked with lower half Championship players. That isn't going to win us the league.

Cavaliero? Gayle? Hector? Konsa? These aren't lower half players.

Hector of Sheffield Wednesday and Konsa of Brentford? Right.

Neither of those teams were on the lower half of the table last year.

JoelH5

Quote from: Tabby on July 06, 2019, 09:49:18 AM
It's a bit concerning that other than Pontus Jansson, we keep being linked with lower half Championship players. That isn't going to win us the league.

Stop being pedantic. They finished 11 and 12. If that's good enough for you then fine but I would hope TK has higher aspirations.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Deeping_white

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 06, 2019, 10:50:02 AM

Stop being pedantic. They finished 11 and 12. If that's good enough for you then fine but I would hope TK has higher aspirations.

To be fair we took TC and Kmac from bang average teams (at the time) and they became vital parts of us going up. I don't have the defensive stats of Shef W or Brentford to hand but I'd be more interested in those before looking at the final positions of the teams because as centre halves they're more directly influencing how the team defends rather than overall performance.

Nero

so does that make MItro a poor player because he finshed 19th in the Premier League, and why do team want to pay Place 50m for one of their players when they finished 12th he cant be any good

Skatzoffc

The thing for me is strengthening at the back is the priority as it will enable our midfield and forward line more confidence and freedom. We have enough going forward.

But defensively we've been dreadful for 4 seasons.

RCB and RB for me pls.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Rambler

Tick tock. 6th July and still nada. I guess at least there's no fire sale of our best players.

sarnian

What else did you expect. Mitro, Sess, Anguissa, etc have all been involved in summer tournaments and probably only returning to training next week at the earliest. The club are probably waiting to discuss their future to confirm who is going to free up funds on new players. I would expect some movement to start in about a weeks time.

Tabby

Pontus Jansson was in a Leeds side that was worse than Brentford season before last, did he become a fundamentally better player because they got third this year? Cairney came into the team from a dreadful Blackburn side.

Just looking at league tables is a terrible way to look at quality of individual players.

wheelerdeeler

Mitrovic was back at Motspur Park today as per Tom Cairney's Instagram, and there's stories going around about him signing a new contract with us today as well. Could be linked, could not be. Either way, looks like he's going to Portugal with us- so that'll be good.

wheelerdeeler

Reliable Leeds journalist reporting Jansson's expected to be confirmed gone from Leeds in the next 48 Hours after a 5.5m bid from "another English club". Could be us, could not be. Bookies favourite at the moment is Brentford which is a bit random.

junior white

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 06, 2019, 02:53:19 PM
Reliable Leeds journalist reporting Jansson's expected to be confirmed gone from Leeds in the next 48 Hours after a 5.5m bid from "another English club". Could be us, could not be. Bookies favourite at the moment is Brentford which is a bit random.
Not if we are truly moving for Konsi

Tabby

According to Phil Hay, someone that the Leeds fans swear by, relations between Jansson and Leeds have broken down on a fundamental level. They seem to just want him gone at this point.

Fernhurst

Just look at him, got a clear ego issue. Won't be missed if he has no intentions of staying.

Agreed, thinks he's a superstar already. Well we will see how it all pans out.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: junior white on July 06, 2019, 03:13:21 PM

If we're after Jansson, great.

If Brentford get him, and it paves the way of Konsa to join us, great.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 06, 2019, 03:39:17 PM
Quote from: junior white on July 06, 2019, 03:13:21 PM

If we're after Jansson, great.

If Brentford get him, and it paves the way of Konsa to join us, great.

Brentford are at 1/2 to get Jansson, we are 8/1

DevonFFC

A few other odds are -

Charlie Austin - 16/1
Gary Cahill - 20/1
Dwight Gayle - 4/1
Michael Hector - 2/1

sarnian

Now Mitro is tied up can we please have some defenders

Tabby

I have some bad news for the people who wanted us to get Mings, Villa seem to be signing him for £26 million.

bobby01

Wetspam accept bid from Chinese club for Arnautovic, at least we haven't got to read about Mitrovic going there now for weeks on end
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Tabby on July 07, 2019, 09:26:45 PM
I have some bad news for the people who wanted us to get Mings, Villa seem to be signing him for £26 million.

£26m for a player who never made it in the PL for Bournemouth....

Glad we didn't want him.