Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 11, 2019, 05:12:44 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 11, 2019, 05:10:35 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 11, 2019, 04:58:37 PM
Quote from: filham on July 11, 2019, 04:56:00 PM
So, none of us have seen or heard of him, he is from overseas, can't beat his marker, sounds like a risk to me with at least 6 months to acclimatise.

Sporting have a good record of creating and nurturing talent though.

There'd be two or three Sporting players I'd want ahead of Cabral. Specifically Bruno Gaspar, Domingos Duarte and Iuri Medeiros- but he should still be good for us as long as it wasn't instead of going for a "big" signing like a Cavaleiro.

But anyway, let's hope it's actually true that there's an announcement tonight (and it's Cabral) before getting ahead of ourselves.

true. I wonder where Cavaleiro ends up. I kinda thought the whole Mendes podcast mention was a bit of a shout out to fans that it was him we were getting.

very different subject but did Sako end up anywhere? I'd love to see him at fulham.

Assuming you mean Bakary he's still a free agent. 

We could still be signing Cavaleiro and have a deal lined up to be completed after we've sold Seri and/or Sessegnon. I get the feeling that we're wanting to get those two sold ASAP.

FFC1987

@wheelerdealer - I did mean Bakary yes. think he could do a job for us although I wonder what his wages would be now. Be interested to see whether us spending is reliant on those two. I think we'll likely loan Seri out. No idea what happens to Sess still. I know its contentious, but I'd still imagine we could afford to at least spend 15-20m and not be hampered too much by FFP

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 11, 2019, 05:23:37 PM
@wheelerdealer - I did mean Bakary yes. think he could do a job for us although I wonder what his wages would be now. Be interested to see whether us spending is reliant on those two. I think we'll likely loan Seri out. No idea what happens to Sess still. I know its contentious, but I'd still imagine we could afford to at least spend 15-20m and not be hampered too much by FFP

Don't know what he was on last season, but I know when he left Wolves to go to Palace a few years ago he was on something like 80k a week.

At the moment you'd imagine we're right on the verge of breaching FFP, if not breaching it given we'll still be paying for some of last seasons transfers and we'll have a massive wage bill for the Championship given Mitrovic and Cairney's new deals and having big earners like Mawson, Seri, Zambo etc. on the books. Even with parachute payments.

So I don't mind us being cautious and waiting for us to know our situation finance wise after player departures before going in for a 10m+ signing like Cavaleiro would be.

AnOldBrownie

Jovane Cabral

I'll believe it when I see him holding the shirt.

Looks ok in youtube videos.   Not game changer but good depth pickup.

wheelerdeeler

I might be wrong and the rules might be different in Portugal compared to Turkey, but I think Sporting have to announce their transfers way in advance because they're a public company. Similar to how we knew about Fabri like a week before we actually announced him because Besiktas had to announce it to their shareholders.

Think I'm in the believe it when I see it camp. 

The Rational Fan

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 11, 2019, 05:10:35 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 11, 2019, 04:58:37 PM
Quote from: filham on July 11, 2019, 04:56:00 PM
So, none of us have seen or heard of him, he is from overseas, can't beat his marker, sounds like a risk to me with at least 6 months to acclimatise.

Sporting have a good record of creating and nurturing talent though.

There'd be two or three Sporting players I'd want ahead of Cabral. Specifically Bruno Gaspar, Domingos Duarte and Iuri Medeiros- but he should still be good for us as long as it wasn't instead of going for a "big" signing like a Cavaleiro.

But anyway, let's hope it's actually true that there's an announcement tonight (and it's Cabral) before getting ahead of ourselves.

Jovane Cabral is Ryan Sessegnon's backup in the squad, a starter whenever Sessegnon is injuried. When we sell Sessegnon, we will also need a full replacement like Cavaleiro but now his replacement doesn't have to play from the first game.

Riversider

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 11, 2019, 05:31:19 PM
Jovane Cabral

He actually looks quite underwhelming in his hilights reel, looks like he has played all his football at local park level , he certainly doesn't have express pace, and can't see how we can play him and Kamara in the same side as both are very similar,
Will be interesting to see how he goes in some of the pre season games,
Let's hope for the best.

Facts Not Fiction

Imagine this, we need a squad. We need wingers. Cabral is a young winger. It's a positive move.

Mince n Tatties

We've bid 6 million for Ollie Mcburnie of Swansea I've just been text....Can't say I've seen him play.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 11, 2019, 05:45:44 PM
Imagine this, we need a squad. We need wingers. Cabral is a young winger. It's a positive move.

Absolutely, he has excellent stats as a sub and we need to fill out the squad before that top signings will sign on the dotted line.

I'd personally, like to see a few more homegrown players to fill out the bench. We have to name seven homegrowns in our matchday 18 next year.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 11, 2019, 05:53:07 PM
We've bid 6 million for Ollie Mcburnie of Swansea I've just been text....Can't say I've seen him play.

If he's signed Rui Fonte will be going back on loan I'd think.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 11, 2019, 05:54:44 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 11, 2019, 05:45:44 PM

Absolutely, he has excellent stats as a sub and we need to fill out the squad before that top signings will sign on the dotted line.

I'd personally, like to see a few more homegrown players to fill out the bench. We have to name seven homegrowns in our matchday 18 next year.

Not worried about the HG quota in the slighest. As it stands we'll most likely be looking at Bettinelli, Rodak, Christie, Mawson, Bryan and Cairney being involved in every matchday squad (when fit), which just leaves us needing 1 more out of Rui Fonte and any of our youth players to fulfil the quota.

Ruleszz

Quote from: Riversider on July 11, 2019, 05:42:54 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 11, 2019, 05:31:19 PM
Jovane Cabral

He actually looks quite underwhelming in his hilights reel, looks like he has played all his football at local park level , he certainly doesn't have express pace, and can't see how we can play him and Kamara in the same side as both are very similar,
Will be interesting to see how he goes in some of the pre season games,
Let's hope for the best.
hes a better player than sess I use to bet on sporting and watch there games often, if anything sess would be back up to cabral

wheelerdeeler

Either you're being lied to or we're not actually seriously going for him considering Swansea want 20m for him. He was one of the players I wanted as a potential Mitrovic replacement, but that's obviously not needed now. Think McBurnie ends up in the Prem with either Brighton or Sheffield Utd.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 11, 2019, 06:00:05 PM

Either you're being lied to or we're not actually seriously going for him considering Swansea want 20m for him. He was one of the players I wanted as a potential Mitrovic replacement, but that's obviously not needed now. Think McBurnie ends up in the Prem with either Brighton or Sheffield Utd.

Not lied to,a friend in Suffolk's son works at the Express...He's got a few right before.
6 mill just a tester maybe,think your over top with 20 mill...

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 11, 2019, 06:04:21 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 11, 2019, 06:00:05 PM

Not lied to,a friend in Suffolk's son works at the Express...He's got a few right before.
6 mill just a tester maybe,think your over top with 20 mill...

Would expect him to be going for at least 12-14m after the season he just had. Would imagine it'd be similar to Konsa (if we were in for him) in that a Prem team will come in with the added Prem money and lure of Prem football and the player chooses Prem football every time.

Not sure where he'd fit with us either given we're keeping Mitrovic.

Mince n Tatties

Just had a look on oddschecker 8/11 for Sheff Utd
No show for us.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Tabby on July 09, 2019, 05:18:38 PM
Only problem with Ayite is how injury prone he is in my opinion.
Agree he and Kabano have spent so much time unavailable through injury.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 11, 2019, 06:17:48 PM
No show for us.

Apparently Sheffield United have just bid on Callum Robinson of Preston  so maybe they will not pursue mcBurnie

junior white

Quote from: DevonFFC on July 11, 2019, 08:50:10 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 11, 2019, 06:17:48 PM
No show for us.

Apparently Sheffield United have just bid on Callum Robinson of Preston  so maybe they will not pursue mcBurnie
I heard that it was Norwich in for Robinson maybe both then. Good for Preston as that would drive the price up