Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 17, 2019, 09:12:46 AM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 17, 2019, 09:05:00 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 17, 2019, 08:52:50 AM
Quote from: junior white on July 17, 2019, 08:01:13 AM
Quote from: DevonFFC on July 17, 2019, 07:50:54 AM
Galatasaray will sign Jean Michaël Seri on loan from Fulham with an option to
That is being reported in the Turkish press, the same paper that said AK was staying at his club on loan for another season. Like here the Turkish press can be a little off at times, not saying it won't happen but has to be taken with a pinch of salt at times.

Italian press are reporting we are in discussions with AC Milan over Seri as well.

Clearly he will leave

At the prices AC Milan are offering to pay to Fulham (i.e. 35k per week) for Seri, it would be worth keeping Seri as Cairney's backup. Fulham would be crazy to sell Seri, he is a damn good bench player in the championship. We are (according to football manager) keeping Cisse at 13k/wk , Kebano at 13k/wk, McDonald at 22k/wk and Ream at 27k/wk, surely Seri at 35k per week is good value. We need Seri as cover Cairney.

If you were Seri and you were as good as you thought you were, would you want to be a "a damm good bench player in the Championship"?!!

If I thought I was good enough to make AC Milan XI, then i would surely think i'm good enough to come off the bench and dislodge Cairney from the Fulham's first XI.

I cannot believe what I'm hearing, Seri wants to leave Fulham as a bench player to get first team football at AC Milan. I dreamed of the day that players would leave the Fulham Squad to get First Team Football at AC Milan, but that day hasn't yet come. If that day has come has Parker has made a huge mistake not placing Seri ahead of Cairney.

He's a better player than Cairney. When he fancied it he was a superb player, he just clearly doesn't want to be here. It's a real shame. I just hope we can get our money back and move on.

southwest6

That is being reported in the Turkish press, the same paper that said AK was staying at his club on loan for another season. Like here the Turkish press can be a little off at times, not saying it won't happen but has to be taken with a pinch of salt at times.

Italian press are reporting we are in discussions with AC Milan over Seri as well.

Clearly he will leave

At the prices AC Milan are offering to pay to Fulham (i.e. 35k per week) for Seri, it would be worth keeping Seri as Cairney's backup. Fulham would be crazy to sell Seri, he is a damn good bench player in the championship. We are (according to football manager) keeping Cisse at 13k/wk , Kebano at 13k/wk, McDonald at 22k/wk and Ream at 27k/wk, surely Seri at 35k per week is good value. We need Seri as cover Cairney.

If you were Seri and you were as good as you thought you were, would you want to be a "a damm good bench player in the Championship"?!!

If I thought I was good enough to make AC Milan XI, then i would surely think i'm good enough to come off the bench and dislodge Cairney from the Fulham's first XI.

I cannot believe what I'm hearing, Seri wants to leave Fulham as a bench player to get first team football at AC Milan. I dreamed of the day that players would leave the Fulham Squad to get First Team Football at AC Milan, but that day hasn't yet come. If that day has come has Parker has made a huge mistake not placing Seri ahead of Cairney, as there is no way Cairney would make AC Milan First XI.

Seri on his day is a far better player than Cairney. He showed (albeit on very few occasions) football ability which would merit a starting place in most top clubs;  I simply don't believe he wanted to come here in the first place and clearly lacked motivation, although I felt people were often a bit too harsh on the guy. Cairney however is Fulham through and through and would much rather have him play ahead of Seri. Ability alone doesn't necessarily guarantee you a spot in the starting 11.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 17, 2019, 09:25:45 AM

Clearly he will leave

I cannot believe what I'm hearing, Seri wants to leave Fulham as a bench player to get first team football at AC Milan. I dreamed of the day that players would leave the Fulham Squad to get First Team Football at AC Milan, but that day hasn't yet come. If that day has come has Parker has made a huge mistake not placing Seri ahead of Cairney.

He's a better player than Cairney. When he fancied it he was a superb player, he just clearly doesn't want to be here. It's a real shame. I just hope we can get our money back and move on.

If Seri really wants to leave he can agree to slash his salary to a mear £10k per week for the right club. If Seri's wages are 500k per year, I think then many clubs would be offerring a transfer fee that would interest Fulham in the 15-25 million range. Its all a question of how bad Seri wants to leave, will he sacfrice £10m of his own money to leave.

A deal where AC Milan pays Fulham £1.5 million and Fulham pays Seri £2.5 million is a rip off. AC Milan couldn't afford his "wages and transfer fee" last year, they aren't getting him at Fulham's expense this year.

Frankly, Seri can miss preseason with us, trialing everywhere else to get a transfer until the 2nd September when all transfer windows close. After that he has to return to training at Fulham for his £2.5m per year and then decide if he wants to sulk or earn his spot in the matchday 18. Once he realises his short-term future is at Fulham (and he'll realise in September) he will apply himself at trying to grap KMac, Johasen or Cairney spot in the XI weeks later.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Seri was not a better player than Cairney for Fulham last season (once Cairney was up to speed after his injury).

We paid a lot of money for Seri and he was seriously disappointing. He may be a quality player going on his past record but he was very ordinary for us and looked as though he could not motivate himself let alone the team as we should have expected. We should try to recoup as much of that outlay as possible with a sale.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 17, 2019, 10:14:18 AM

If Seri really wants to leave he can agree to slash his salary to a mear £10k per week for the right club. If Seri's wages are 500k per year, I think then many clubs would be offerring a transfer fee that would interest Fulham in the 15-25 million range. Its all a question of how bad Seri wants to leave, will he sacfrice £10m of his own money to leave.

A deal where AC Milan pays Fulham £1.5 million and Fulham pays Seri £2.5 million is a rip off. AC Milan couldn't afford his "wages and transfer fee" last year, they aren't getting him at Fulham's expense this year.

Frankly, Seri can miss preseason with us, trialing everywhere else to get a transfer until the 2nd September when all transfer windows close. After that he has to return to training at Fulham for his £2.5m per year and then decide if he wants to sulk or earn his spot in the matchday 18. Once he realises his short-term future is at Fulham (and he'll realise in September) he will apply himself at trying to grap KMac, Johasen or Cairney spot in the XI weeks later.

Do you mean that Milan would pay a 1,5 million loan fee but then not pay any of Seri's wages? Surely they would pay the loan fee + wages (or at the very least most of them)?

junior white

West Brom agree 8 million fee with Cardiff for Zohore

Tabby

Quote from: junior white on July 17, 2019, 02:01:05 PM

Remember when Zohore was the hottest player in the Championship two years back? Amazing how quickly his stock has fallen.

mkras99

Rose will be reintegrated into the squad if he cannot find a new club this summer but Spurs remain favourites to sign Fulham prodigy Ryan Sessegnon, who can play left-back. The deal is being delayed by the Cottagers' desire for a Tottenham player in part-exchange for the teenager.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham/tottenham-unlikely-to-sign-kieran-trippier-replacement-as-20m-departure-sparks-internal-battle-a4191941.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1563358458

junior white

Quote from: Tabby on July 17, 2019, 02:06:55 PM
Quote from: junior white on July 17, 2019, 02:01:05 PM

Remember when Zohore was the hottest player in the Championship two years back? Amazing how quickly his stock has fallen.
Yep

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: mkras99 on July 17, 2019, 02:49:30 PM
Rose will be reintegrated into the squad if he cannot find a new club this summer but Spurs remain favourites to sign Fulham prodigy Ryan Sessegnon, who can play left-back. The deal is being delayed by the Cottagers' desire for a Tottenham player in part-exchange for the teenager.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham/tottenham-unlikely-to-sign-kieran-trippier-replacement-as-20m-departure-sparks-internal-battle-a4191941.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1563358458

Said all along I want Nkoudou as part of the deal. Would be a like for like replacement and sort us for Wingers for the season. Parker should have a detailed knowledge of any potential Spurs kids on loan as well.

AnOldBrownie

English media can fabricate with the best of them.

If Seri is as good as everyone says ....

* Why isn't he already gone?
* Why didn't Scott play him ahead of Cairney or Anguissa?
* Why doesn't he start for his national team?

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Sting of the North

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 17, 2019, 03:03:01 PM

English media can fabricate with the best of them.

If Seri is as good as everyone says ....

* Why isn't he already gone?
* Why didn't Scott play him ahead of Cairney or Anguissa?
* Why doesn't he start for his national team?

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

First off, the reason Seri is not gone may be because the involved parties (seller, buyer, player) have still not agreed. It doesn't have to have anything to do with how good the player is.

Secondly, SP could have had many reasons as why he didn't play Seri. Maybe he didn't fancy his style of play, or his work rate. Maybe he meant to play him but was then so impressed by Anguissa so that he didn't want to change. Again, doesn't have to mean that Seri is not good, it just means that for some reason SP preferred other players at that particular time.

Thirdly, the reasons can be the same as above. But mostly it is probably because he didn't impress in the first few games (in which he did start). This can happen also to good players, especially coming of a bad season and most likely very low in confidence.

In conclusion, you are looking at a far too limited period of time to make a reasonable assessment, coupled with seemingly lacking the understanding of the (at least some times) complex nature of football transfers. In my opinion.

filham

So, it looks as if someone at the Cottage has the task of shifting Sess., Seri and possibly Anguissa within the next couple of weeks. A good few million involved here.
Does incoming transfers depend on the success of this task.

grandad

Quote from: filham on July 17, 2019, 03:53:08 PM
So, it looks as if someone at the Cottage has the task of shifting Sess., Seri and possibly Anguissa within the next couple of weeks. A good few million involved here.
I hope that Anguissa stays as he will be a key player for us. He had a few MOTM awards in the AFCON tournament.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Quote from: grandad on July 17, 2019, 04:37:30 PM
I hope that Anguissa stays as he will be a key player for us. He had a few MOTM awards in the AFCON tournament.
Yes,I agree that Anguissa looks as if he has some of the qualities of a  talented player although Parker has to do an amount of work on him to ensure reliability. The big questions are can we afford him and will he want to play in the championship. May be easier to ship him out and buy the ready made product we can afford.

sarvenpa

Quote from: filham on July 17, 2019, 04:52:17 PM
Quote from: grandad on July 17, 2019, 04:37:30 PM
Yes,I agree that Anguissa looks as if he has some of the qualities of a  talented player although Parker has to do an amount of work on him to ensure reliability. The big questions are can we afford him and will he want to play in the championship. May be easier to ship him out and buy the ready made product we can afford.

I think he has agreed to stay, thinking of the new kit and all.

wheelerdeeler

I'd be surprised if we let Zambo go. Parker obviously likes him because he started him in pretty much every game since he came in (unlike Seri). I don't even think there's been proper a link with him going elsewhere (I know there was that Villarreal thing, but you'd have thought something more would've come from that by now if it was serious) and we're in Mid-July.

And of course, we've got no chance of getting anything close to the money we paid for him.

Ruleszz

why anguissa, he prob stay

Riversider

Southampton have told Charlie Austin and keeper Alex McCarthy that they are free to speak to other clubs,
Charlie's wife "Bianca" tweeted "I miss London" the other day,
Charlie might be 30 but he would be great cover for Mitro next season, and McCarthy is a far better keeper than any we have.

Tabby

Galatasaray posting that they're negotiating for Seri on their official channels. Should probably be done soon.