watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Wouldn't mind Wanyama. He's beast the Championship. Can't see him droppings league tho.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

junior white

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 18, 2019, 07:11:47 AM
It's been mentioned with Sessegnon that we're after a player in Spurs' deal.

Players reportedly available are Cameron Carter-Vickers, Wanyama, Edwards, Onomah, Nkoulou and Janssen.
If correct then it wont be Wantama or Jansen and both are mega high wage earners. Others are all youngsters i think although never heard of Nkoulou

Sting of the North

Wanyama would be superb in the Championship (and a very good asset if we are promoted), but as others mention the wages might be a big problem.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 18, 2019, 01:38:51 AM

If he plays well, they will sign him for £12m and sell him to Arsenal for £20m.

Twenty-Five games like Burnley and Brighton in the next year and they'll be selling for £30m+.

We should keep Seri, I don't care if he wants to play for Fulham. Fredericks played for us, when he wanted to leave.

Once all transfer windows are closed 2nd Septemeber and he remains signed with us, what choice does Seri.

The price they are offerring we are paying his wages and they paying McDonald's wages in return.

What on earth are you on about? Gala will surely pay Seri's wages on top of the loan fee. That is the default when loaning players. Sometimes the parent club retains some of the wages, but that is mostly when loaning players to smaller clubs down the league system. I would be extremely surprised if we pay any of Seri's wages if he is loaned to Galatasaray. Thus, they would be paying Seri's wages + the equivalent of McDonald's wages, if we go by your way of reasoning.

This has also been pointed out by many posters on here, but you seem to totally ignore that. Do you know something about this deal that no one else does?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 18, 2019, 08:24:58 AM

Twenty-Five games like Burnley and Brighton in the next year and they'll be selling for £30m+.

We should keep Seri, I don't care if he wants to play for Fulham. Fredericks played for us, when he wanted to leave.

Once all transfer windows are closed 2nd Septemeber and he remains signed with us, what choice does Seri.

The price they are offerring we are paying his wages and they paying McDonald's wages in return.

What on earth are you on about? Gala will surely pay Seri's wages on top of the loan fee. That is the default when loaning players. Sometimes the parent club retains some of the wages, but that is mostly when loaning players to smaller clubs down the league system. I would be extremely surprised if we pay any of Seri's wages if he is loaned to Galatasaray. Thus, they would be paying Seri's wages + the equivalent of McDonald's wages, if we go by your way of reasoning.

This has also been pointed out by many posters on here, but you seem to totally ignore that. Do you know something about this deal that no one else does?

Well, I hope you are correct. An article I saw said the cost for Gala was 1.5m, but maybe they mean 1.5m plus wages. As Seri's wages are more than double McDonald's, if we reduce the wage bill by two McDonalds and get paid one more its isn't so bad, especially if we sell Seri later.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 18, 2019, 08:43:37 AM

Well, I hope you are correct. An article I saw said the cost for Gala was 1.5m, but maybe they mean 1.5m plus wages. As Seri's wages are more than double McDonald's, if we reduce the wage bill by two McDonalds and get paid one more its isn't so bad, especially if we sell Seri later.

I think the article did not mention the wages because it is most likely always assumed that wages are included. Only reason to mention it is if wages are being retained in some form by the parent club. So no, this is not at all bad assuming that he was not seen as a starter for us. Much better than selling at a reduced rate.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 18, 2019, 09:01:02 AM

I think the article did not mention the wages because it is most likely always assumed that wages are included. Only reason to mention it is if wages are being retained in some form by the parent club. So no, this is not at all bad assuming that he was not seen as a starter for us. Much better than selling at a reduced rate.

What is McDonald's and Seri's wage?

FFC1987

Wanyama is too good for championship and i'd suspect would be too good for us even in Prem. He'll be at a champions league club abroad I imagine. Been pitching him for years!

junior white

The issue I have with a loan is that we seem to have a past history of contributing to the wages of high earners we loan out, Ruiz and Mitroglu spring to mind, of course only news paper speculation but guess that's the same as fees etc too

The Rational Fan

Quote from: junior white on July 18, 2019, 09:39:42 AM

The issue I have with a loan is that we seem to have a past history of contributing to the wages of high earners we loan out, Ruiz and Mitroglu spring to mind, of course only news paper speculation but guess that's the same as fees etc too

I hope we are not contributing to Seri's wages like we have done in the past.

JoelH5

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 18, 2019, 09:45:30 AM

I dont see why we would.  Where would the sense be in that? He's still highly rated so there would almost certainly be clubs willing to pay 100% of his wages
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Maidstone Lee

Gala released pictures on their twitter page of Seri arriving in Turkey. Will probably be finalised today or tomorrow then.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

junior white

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 18, 2019, 09:51:59 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 18, 2019, 09:45:30 AM

I dont see why we would.  Where would the sense be in that? He's still highly rated so there would almost certainly be clubs willing to pay 100% of his wages
Most said the same about Ruiz and Mitroglu. Like him or not Mitro had a record that was great and went on loan and scored for who he went too, one of those being the club we signed him from but they didn't pay his whole wage, problem is we pay higher here and others cant afford to match them.

It is why I do not like us loaning players like this out, sell them or make them play

Riversider

Cardiff City are signing Aden Flint for just £6 million !

Statto

In fairness to TK, his apparent obstinance and arrogance (eg refusal to accept criticism for last season) often annoy me but at times like this they're useful traits. I'm quite sure he'll firmly believe that Seri is worth every penny we paid for him. So IMO he won't sell or loan him on terms that leave us out of pocket.

If we sell him, TK will want to recover most of his book value, and if we loan him, TK will want to recover his wages plus a portion the amount by which his book value will amortize in the year.

In reality, I doubt we'll get a loan fee to cover the amortization (£5m?) but the price at which Gala can exercise any option to buy will probably be higher than his book value next year (£10m?) to compensate. So something like a loan fee of £2m (plus Gala pay his wages) and option to buy at £13m next year would seem reasonable to me.

That wouldn't leave us out of pocket.

FFC1987

Quote from: Riversider on July 18, 2019, 11:02:01 AM

No doubt a load from this board will go into meltdown! Some wanted him for Prem last year!

Ruleszz

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 18, 2019, 11:13:12 AM

No doubt a load from this board will go into meltdown! Some wanted him for Prem last year!
why would we want him if Middlesbrough dont tho

FFC1987

Quote from: Ruleszz on July 18, 2019, 11:15:25 AM

Well, also, according to some here, Boro have a history of selling their best players and best rated RB's in the league so....... 086.gif

DevonFFC

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 18, 2019, 11:20:10 AM
Quote from: Ruleszz on July 18, 2019, 11:15:25 AM

Well, also, according to some here, Boro have a history of selling their best players and best rated RB's in the league so....... 086.gif

Cardiff should not concede many from corners, proper Warnock signing that

Mince n Tatties

Wanted to return to SW,family reasons.
He was 5 years at  Bristol.