https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelmo

Quote from: Twig on August 06, 2019, 04:55:57 PM
Quote from: jelmo on August 06, 2019, 04:47:01 PM
We do seem to love signing players recovering from long term injuries!

I don't think a broken arm from middle of last season represents anything to be concerned about (but I sympathise with the general point).

According to Wikipedia it was a broken ankle

grandad

Quote from: jelmo on August 06, 2019, 05:11:45 PM

I don't think a broken arm from middle of last season represents anything to be concerned about (but I sympathise with the general point).

When I broke my ankle it was stronger than the other ankle when it healed. Most broken bones are the same.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFC1987

Quote from: grandad on August 06, 2019, 05:39:51 PM

When I broke my ankle it was stronger than the other ankle when it healed. Most broken bones are the same.

With the right therapy thats often the case. Without, it can forever be weaker.

mkras99

Jack Pitt-Brooke
@Daniel M. I think Danny is going to stay now. And I think Spurs are still pushing for Sessegnon regardless of that. Yesterday I was confident this would happen. For £20m and Josh Onomah. Now... maybe slightly less confident. I was just told that talks are "ongoing". It's not going to be quite as easy as we thought.

jayffc

Quote from: Statto on August 06, 2019, 04:25:46 PM
Quote from: jayffc on August 06, 2019, 03:25:11 PM
Who hit the ground running despite being signed last minute and fired us to promotion.

Not really. There were 4 games between the window opening and us signing Mitro, then a further 3 games before he came good. We took 19 pts from those 7 games because actually, we got going before Mitro came in. Had we been dependant on that signing, and done poor in those 7 games, we may not even have made the play-offs.

I see where you're coming from however my point was, he came in and it didn't take him time to adjust. Nout said about the rest of the team and what they were/are up to, just that a player coming in is capable of fitting straight in and playing well and improving a team. Which he undoubtedly did. Yes I can see that this team is not currently in form, but plenty of time for that to alter over the course of the season. As we know that promotion season didn't get going until very very late. Plenty of time for new players to come in and improve us before we get to that point where we'll need an insane unbeaten run to be in contention.

Interesting that, as ever you pick the one part you feel you had something for but yet again are never inclined to acknowledge any of the valid points around it at the same time.

Anyway, we'll be sent to the handbags topic again if we run this route again. I hear part of your point, but I think there's plenty validity in the points made previous that unsurprisingly go unacknowledged.

filham

Quote from: Rj Fulham on August 06, 2019, 04:36:15 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on August 06, 2019, 04:23:18 PM
Amartey, I don't know much about him. Is he any good and is he a CDM?

has played as both cb and in a cdm/cm role for leicester,  6 foot one and  missed half of last season due to  broken arm.
Which half of the season did he miss and has he had a pre season or not.

Classic94

Timings aside, Carter-Vickers, Amartey + another defensive player = decent window. Make it happen Tony...

Twig

Oops, sorry.

Lighthouse

Onomah who is considered an add on for Sess has taken the interest of Newcastle.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

OMalleyCat

Daniel Amartey would be a good signing, Listed as a DM but has played CB. And according to transfer markt can play RB. Hopefully he better version of TFM.

Just need a legitimate CB in now...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

JoelH5

Quote from: OMalleyCat on August 06, 2019, 10:37:40 PM
Daniel Amartey would be a good signing, Listed as a DM but has played CB. And according to transfer markt can play RB. Hopefully he better version of TFM.

Thats my worry. He will be what we get. Not a genuine CB
I was there, standing in the Putney end

OMalleyCat

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 06, 2019, 10:51:53 PM
Quote from: OMalleyCat on August 06, 2019, 10:37:40 PM

Thats my worry. He will be what we get. Not a genuine CB
Looking likely now as Hector is joining Wednesday on a permanent.

Mince n Tatties

According to Press McKenna now being tracked by Bristol City(Webster replacement)? Notts Forest QPR and two other Championship clubs...Us?
Aberdeen still holding firm on their asking price.

Hoppus

It's so quiet, no new rumours?
One day left, and we still need a CB and a MF.

How many hours left before the window close?

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Hoppus on August 07, 2019, 11:19:55 AM

5pm tomorrow. Concerning times.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Hoppus on August 07, 2019, 11:19:55 AM

Don't forget the RB!

mkras99

Alan Nixon (@reluctantnicko)
8/7/19, 6:43 AM
Fulham. Inquiry for Besic at Everton. Despite Arter arrival.

JoelH5

No rumours doesn't mean no work is ongoing. We know with almost certainty it is. Hopefully we have just learnt to keep things under wraps.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

filham

No rumours, no sightings at Motspur Park, no word from Spurs about Sess.
Could be that we have seen all the action we are going to for this window which is possibly just as well as otherwise we are now into bargain basement buys, that is leftovers.

JimOG

Alan Nixon usually well informed? I like the little I've seen of Besic - looks a really tough tackling DFM but with real skill