more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: spikey norman on August 12, 2019, 07:00:56 PM
One of our ex players Andy Lonergan on the verge of joining  Liverpool.

Didn't he play a full pre-season with them? What happened with that?

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 12, 2019, 09:28:29 PM
Quote from: spikey norman on August 12, 2019, 07:00:56 PM
One of our ex players Andy Lonergan on the verge of joining  Liverpool.

Didn't he play a full pre-season with them? What happened with that?

Klopp initially signed him on a temporary deal and took him on the teams pre season tour as cover. But due to the injury to to their keeper Alisson, Adrian, a free from West Ham takes over, they are signing him to sit on the bench until Alisson is fit to return. Their 2nd choice keeper, Kelleher, is not 100% fit after a wrist injury and the next 2 keepers in line are 16 years and 18 years old, the 18 year old is just recovering from injury, that in a nutshell is why Lonergan is there.

Dr Quinzel

Thanks for that - didn't know what his contract status was pre-season. Funny how these things work out. There's a lot of money to be made as a decent backup at the bigger clubs, especially if you help them meet their homegrown status.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on August 11, 2019, 04:01:00 PM
Given Reid, Cavaleiro, Knockaert and Arter were all fantastic players in the Championship in recent years, I think the we can be forgiven for buying one player whose reputation isn't quite as good. Plus as far as I'm concerned we've signed Onomah for nothing because even £25m, with no extras, would have been a fantastic fee to get for Sessegnon. In any case I attach zero value to other clubs' fans comments about their departing players. I can still remember Wolves fans mocking us for signing Mcdonald shortly before we made him a linchpin in the best midfield in the division.

Onomah seems like a good utility homegrown bench player for the next decade, the 18th player in a upper table championship squad or the 25th player in a lower table premier league squad. If Parker can develop him into more than that it's a bonus.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 11, 2019, 05:50:41 PM
I am not at all bothered what fans of other clubs think about Josh Onomah. He should be another good addition to the squad for Fulham.
It's a short cycle journey from Tottenham to Fulham, so no disruption or upheaval for him, and it's a smart move and Scott would know enough about him, and he can only get better. I have no qualms about Fulham acquiring his signature. It's a long hard season and his contribution will be valued.

yep, I can recall Cardiff fans being delighted when we swapped jazz Richard's for malone 🤣. And huddersfield town fans hated malone when they signed him. Everyone gets a clean slate at a new club, and you just have to wait and see how it pans out
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Barrett487

Was this announced on the Offal?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/agency-confirm-fulham-player-signed-new-contract-duration-deal-still-unclear/

Earlier in May, the Cottagers owner Shahid Khan confirmed they had exercised the option to extend the contract of few players by a year and Denis Odoi's name was included in the list.

Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws on Tuesday explains the 31-year-old has signed a new contract with the Championship side, but the length of the deal has not been disclosed.

There has been no mention of Odoi signing a new deal on Fulham's social media channels or their official website.

However, this information was confirmed by Stirr Associates, the agency who represent the player.

On Monday, they congratulated their client on Twitter after he signed a 'new contract' with Scott Parker's side.

It's still not clear if the latest deal will keep Odoi at Craven Cottage until the end of the season or if this is another extension, which will keep him at the club beyond 2020.

Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on August 13, 2019, 02:46:53 PM
I am not at all bothered what fans of other clubs think about Josh Onomah. He should be another good addition to the squad for Fulham.
It's a short cycle journey from Tottenham to Fulham, so no disruption or upheaval for him, and it's a smart move and Scott would know enough about him, and he can only get better. I have no qualms about Fulham acquiring his signature. It's a long hard season and his contribution will be valued.

yep, I can recall Cardiff fans being delighted when we swapped jazz Richard's for malone 🤣. And huddersfield town fans hated malone when they signed him. Everyone gets a clean slate at a new club, and you just have to wait and see how it pans out

And we have a decent past record where such players have stepped up and become firm fans' favourites

fulhamben

Quote from: Twig on August 13, 2019, 07:20:33 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 13, 2019, 02:46:53 PM

And we have a decent past record where such players have stepped up and become firm fans' favourites
yep pantsil springs to mind

sunburywhite

[/quote]yep pantsil springs to mind
[/quote]
So does Barry Hayles
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

fulhamben

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 13, 2019, 09:04:32 PM

yep pantsil springs to mind
[/quote]
So does Barry Hayles
[/quote]pretty sure Hayles left with a great rep from Bristol rovers. Came at a big price back then too

Finnans Right Peg

Brede hangeland when we signed him i was like who  is that why did we buy him he comes from a crap league but what did I know.

Riverside

This thread now closed ?
Any rumours of exits to Europe ?

I thought Djalo , Fonte , Cisse and Fabri would all be going ?
( though personally I would keep Fabri )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..FOF..

Quote from: Riverside on August 19, 2019, 10:20:24 PM
This thread now closed ?
Any rumours of exits to Europe ?

I thought Djalo , Fonte , Cisse and Fabri would all be going ?
( though personally I would keep Fabri )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can still sign free agents, maybe?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/14-free-agents-your-club-18865426

Daniel Sturridge
Mario Balotelli
Franck Ribery
Martin Skrtel
Michel Vorm
Fernando Llorente
Yohan Cabaye
Lazar Markovic
Danny Simpson
Nemanja Radoja
Ignazio Abate
Fabio Coentrao

Count Flapula

Quote from: 70sPimlico on August 20, 2019, 02:11:46 PM
Quote from: twang on August 20, 2019, 10:48:50 AM
Fonte apparently on his way back to Braga:

https://www.jn.pt/desporto/interior/rui-fonte-e-reforco-do-sporting-de-braga--11222424.html

Pleased for him. and us

Didn't we pay £9m for him? So by my reckoning, they only need to sell him on for around £30m and we recoup our money 😆

Good luck to him though.

Finnans Right Peg

Always gave his all but just wasn't up to standard pity the players we bought last year didnt have his attitude.

Wish him all the best no hard feelings

Mullers OG

If this rumour is accurate then it is the start of clearing the books of those who didn't quite make it at Fulham.  Fonte is one who for my mind always gave his very best and was hugely committed to the club.  Sadly it never worked out for him or FFC.  Wish him well at his new club.  Others who could be on their way for differing reasons are Fabri, Djalo, Cisse, Kamara.  I would keep Kebano who always looks as if there is more to come from him. 

junior white

Quote from: Mullers OG on August 21, 2019, 11:11:55 AM
If this rumour is accurate then it is the start of clearing the books of those who didn't quite make it at Fulham.  Fonte is one who for my mind always gave his very best and was hugely committed to the club.  Sadly it never worked out for him or FFC.  Wish him well at his new club.  Others who could be on their way for differing reasons are Fabri, Djalo, Cisse, Kamara.  I would keep Kebano who always looks as if there is more to come from him.
Can't see Kamara leaving at this stage.

Re Donte think maybe we were paying the 8 mill or so in instalments and possibly wont be paying them any more, that and the sell on would not be a bad return i guess for a player who didnt fit for us