Author Topic: Riverside Development Update  (Read 16469 times)

Offline Dr Quinzel

• tjl
Re: Riverside Development Update
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2019, 11:08:21 AM »
Club confirmed a time-lapse camera to be set up - via FST

We knew this anyway, as a representative of Friends of Fulham had been in contact with the Club, asking if there'd be one implemented, and they said yes, after we ran a successful Twitter campaign.

Seems the time-lapse camera they are fitting is being fitted on a time-lapse itself  :005:

Offline MJG

• Jimmy Hill
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2019, 11:23:43 AM »
https://twitter.com/dm_bim/status/1161539625317535744  simulation of the building work over next 9 months

Offline Riversider

• Jimmy Hill
  • The Red Hand of Fulham
« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2019, 01:38:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/dm_bim/status/1161539625317535744  simulation of the building work over next 9 months

Leaves me thinking that there is one hell of a lot of work to do in year 2 to get the stand anywhere near ready, the internal fit out will take ages,
If I was a betting man I would say that the seats may be installed in time for the first game of the season but it will be months later before the stand is completed internally.

Offline KingofCheese

• tjl
« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2019, 01:55:56 PM »
I noticed that in his interview Scott was saying that the atmosphere would be reduced at the ground without the Riverside stand. I presume that he meant sound from the other parts of the ground blowing out over the Thames rather than a loss of noise from there as in my experience dropping a bag of pins would be heard throughout the old stand at any game.

Offline MJG

• Jimmy Hill
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2019, 02:06:19 PM »

Leaves me thinking that there is one hell of a lot of work to do in year 2 to get the stand anywhere near ready, the internal fit out will take ages,
If I was a betting man I would say that the seats may be installed in time for the first game of the season but it will be months later before the stand is completed internally.
I've always thought it to be very ambitious to do it all within two seasons whole staying at the ground.

Online Carborundum

• Legend
« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2019, 02:12:24 PM »
My commute involves the twin delights of negotiating the Twickenham station re-build and the re-vamp of the old Eurostar platforms at Waterloo station.  Both have been, in their own way, interesting to see develop and I expect the Riverside Stand will be too.  Large expanses of time with not much apparently happening followed by occasional spurts would seem to be the norm.

Offline Riversider

• Jimmy Hill
  • The Red Hand of Fulham
« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2019, 02:46:12 PM »
My commute involves the twin delights of negotiating the Twickenham station re-build and the re-vamp of the old Eurostar platforms at Waterloo station.  Both have been, in their own way, interesting to see develop and I expect the Riverside Stand will be too.  Large expanses of time with not much apparently happening followed by occasional spurts would seem to be the norm.

The frame will go up in no time at all that's the relative easy part, it's the fitting out and the wiring that will take time, when I watched that time lapse video I was expecting to see the frame underway before the end of the video,
If anybody knows when the frame is scheduled to be completed by I would be really interested to know.

Offline G_Gribby

• tjl
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2019, 03:04:53 PM »

After witnessing a garage and hotel building from my office, my comments are as follows. The first phase takes more time since the basic work is normally very specific. The remaining phases deal with modular parts that are mounted in place. I believe and hope that everything will be ready according to plan.

They should add some nice music to the movie to make everyone happy.

:003:

Offline Skatzoffc

• Legend
« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2019, 04:20:53 PM »
I noticed that in his interview Scott was saying that the atmosphere would be reduced at the ground without the Riverside stand. I presume that he meant sound from the other parts of the ground blowing out over the Thames rather than a loss of noise from there as in my experience dropping a bag of pins would be heard throughout the old stand at any game.

Lol.
I thought the three builders in the stand made more noise during the Blackburn game than the original Riverside crowd.

Offline KingofCheese

• tjl
« Reply #149 on: August 14, 2019, 04:48:25 PM »

Lol.
I thought the three builders in the stand made more noise during the Blackburn game than the original Riverside crowd.

It must have been a real shock to the Blackburn fans to hear anything coming from that area!