watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

I think to add to the theatre - entry to the Riverside should be by Pirate Ship, board at Putney pier, away anchor, cannons blasting, sea shanty & rum...it makes perfect sense

filham

Quote from: alfie on March 16, 2023, 07:23:12 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on March 16, 2023, 05:07:47 PM
Quote from: filham on March 16, 2023, 10:11:01 AM
It is really unacceptable that the stand will not be ready for fans at the start of next season, it would seem that football is not the priority. We deserve an explanation.
A full stand adds to the atmosphere and can be the difference between winning and losing matches.

Agree with this.  It's ridiculous to see that part of the grounds half filled, if that much.  Brand new stand sitting empty.  Really bush league if you ask me.  This is the Premier League, yes?  I can't believe this hasn't been better planned out.  Really unacceptable.
Let's be fair here it's Khans money that has financed the build, we don't know why it's taking so long, maybe he is not happy with things inside. If you feel it is unacceptable what are you going to do about it. Mr Khan is probably all over it, let's leave it to him to get things sorted.
The Khans are doing a great job at Fulham and most of us are grateful for their effort.
However I would expect their attitude to be similar to the owners of big country estates that have inherited properties that has been in their families for generations.
That is that they are simply the gaurdians of the property and have a duty to see that it is functioning properly and will be in a fit state to pass on to future generations.
The Khans have a duty to the fans , many have been around for a long time.

HamsterWheel

I reckon we've already got the same capacity and better facilities than when the old Riverside was there. Sure its a long delay, but the delay is both build-related (its hard to build on the Thames!) and also because they've tweaked the design even more upmarket so in the long run will generate more income to the club.

cookieg

Quote from: filham on March 17, 2023, 10:12:57 AM
It is really unacceptable that the stand will not be ready for fans at the start of next season, it would seem that football is not the priority. We deserve an explanation.
A full stand adds to the atmosphere and can be the difference between winning and losing matches.

Agree with this.  It's ridiculous to see that part of the grounds half filled, if that much.  Brand new stand sitting empty.  Really bush league if you ask me.  This is the Premier League, yes?  I can't believe this hasn't been better planned out.  Really unacceptable.
Let's be fair here it's Khans money that has financed the build, we don't know why it's taking so long, maybe he is not happy with things inside. If you feel it is unacceptable what are you going to do about it. Mr Khan is probably all over it, let's leave it to him to get things sorted.
The Khans are doing a great job at Fulham and most of us are grateful for their effort.
However I would expect their attitude to be similar to the owners of big country estates that have inherited properties that has been in their families for generations.
That is that they are simply the gaurdians of the property and have a duty to see that it is functioning properly and will be in a fit state to pass on to future generations.

They didn't actually inherit the club they bought it and if they have a duty to to see the club functioning properly than that is their business to do what they choose to do with it. If there are changes to the stand that SK has asked for or whatever it will be what it will be.

fulhamfan

when did demolition of old stand start - summer 2019?

nearly 4 years ago!

filham

Quote from: cookieg on March 17, 2023, 10:16:58 AM

They didn't actually inherit the club they bought it and if they have a duty to to see the club functioning properly than that is their business to do what they choose to do with it. If there are changes to the stand that SK has asked for or whatever it will be what it will be.
So pleased that Jimmy Hill and others didn't take a similar attitude when we were destined for the Bush and the Cottage was about to become a housing development.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Huxley on March 16, 2023, 10:12:09 PM
Quote from: MickTheBeard on March 16, 2023, 09:34:10 PM
Rumour has it that things aren't right with builders since march they fell out of love,and I have been told there is things going on behind the scenes, it doesn't help when our wonderful club as usual don't say sweet FA.

If it's a dispute between FFC and the builders I doubt well be privy to the discussion unless it goes to court. Both sides will be holding their card close to their chests until they can agree on a statement that is amenable to both sides. The builders will have a reputation to uphold as it would affect future business opps.

I heard a certain company has made a loss on the build, and are reluctant to complete

cookieg

Quote from: filham on March 17, 2023, 12:02:30 PM
Quote from: cookieg on March 17, 2023, 10:16:58 AM

So pleased that Jimmy Hill and others didn't take a similar attitude when we were destined for the Bush and the Cottage was about to become a housing development.

Well thank god MAF bought us although even he wanted to move us out of CC.

LittleErn

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 17, 2023, 04:15:59 PM
Rumour has it that things aren't right with builders since march they fell out of love,and I have been told there is things going on behind the scenes, it doesn't help when our wonderful club as usual don't say sweet FA.

If it's a dispute between FFC and the builders I doubt well be privy to the discussion unless it goes to court. Both sides will be holding their card close to their chests until they can agree on a statement that is amenable to both sides. The builders will have a reputation to uphold as it would affect future business opps.

I heard a certain company has made a loss on the build, and are reluctant to complete

I believe the contractors are showing a loss on the project of between 14 and 18 million. Part of the delay has also been due to the firm providing the cladding having gone bust. Some of the loss will have been caused by the increase in costs related to the pandemic and, if so, I am told that the contractors will argue that that part is a "force majeure" and should be covered by the club - who should have insurance against it. No doubt the apparent halt for the last 2 months will be while the lawyers try to sort it all out! Don't hold your breath.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: LittleErn on March 17, 2023, 10:19:47 PM

I believe the contractors are showing a loss on the project of between 14 and 18 million. Part of the delay has also been due to the firm providing the cladding having gone bust. Some of the loss will have been caused by the increase in costs related to the pandemic and, if so, I am told that the contractors will argue that that part is a "force majeure" and should be covered by the club - who should have insurance against it. No doubt the apparent halt for the last 2 months will be while the lawyers try to sort it all out! Don't hold your breath.
Quote from: LittleErn on March 17, 2023, 10:19:47 PM

Yep, that's what I heard - but I wasn't sure if we could say it on here

filham

Oh dear, sounds bad and best forecast for completion is probably, this year, next year, sometime, never.