watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baston White

The original program for steelwork erection was April 20 to October 20.
We started late August / early September.
So this means we are approximately 5 months behind schedule.
The original completion date was July 2021 so it looks like a new date of around end December 2021 for completion is best guess at this stage.

sarnian

Quote from: Jim© on November 20, 2020, 10:31:41 AM
In the latest pictures by Friendsoffulham...
The second image is a bit concerning as where the seating area ends, there's then a concrete walkway, though this is still 20-30m from the side of the pitch. Or am I getting things wrong and that walkway is only there temporarily and the seating will be continued downwards towards the pitch?

Looking impressive. I best start saving as promised the whole family a match on me when open...

The pictures we are seeing is the upper tier of the stand. If you look at the artists impression on the official Fulham website you will see there will be about 10 rows of lower seating which would appear to be where the temporary walkway is. I am not sure if the dugouts will be infont of the lower tier of seating or if the pitch may be moved across a bit and the dugouts moved to the Johnny Haynes Stand.

When I mentioned 2023 above I was meaning I cannot see the stand being open until the 2022 - 2023 season. This season does not finish until May so no work can be done where the temporary dugouts and tv cameras are until the season is over. There does not seem anyway things will be completed before next Christmas and the finished article then has to pass all sorts of safety certificates before spectators will be allowed.

mrmicawbers

The second image is a bit concerning as where the seating area ends, there's then a concrete walkway, though this is still 20-30m from the side of the pitch. Or am I getting things wrong and that walkway is only there temporarily and the seating will be continued downwards towards the pitch?

Looking impressive. I best start saving as promised the whole family a match on me when open...
I thought that were the bottom smaller terrace is going to be Jim.I did notice the steel work for it at the beginning can't see it now though.Have the taken it down and put the road in?

Jim©

Quote from: mrmicawbers on November 20, 2020, 10:49:09 AM
I thought that were the bottom smaller terrace is going to be Jim.I did notice the steel work for it at the beginning can't see it now though.Have the taken it down and put the road in?

Yeah, i thought i saw a lower section too, but wondered whether that was just to hold that walkway.
I'm sure that they're making use of every square inch, so that's why i wondered what was going to fill the gap.

toshes mate

I am simply amazed at how well the project has progressed given the trials and tribulations of 2020.  I wouldn't like to wager when the development will be ready for safety inpections etc., but I am deeply impressed with the Project Manager's reliability of prediction from his update some weeks ago given that so much of the work has to be done with the temporary media gantry in place and perhaps giving us a less clear picture of what things will look like once it is time for it to be removed.

Thanks again to all who have contributed the photos etc.

filham

With Lockdown keeping us all away from the Cottage would it not make sense to play our home games at Motspur Park and thus stop any interuption to the work at the Cottage.

shepperton white

I cannot get over how high the construction is - looking down from the top, it towers over the other stands. Just hope we can fill it and that Shad Kahn has plans for further development in the future.  First, of course, we have to stay in the PL

HillingdonFFC

Theres still the lower section to do. The cranes & other machinery are on a temporary raised access platform built above it.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on November 20, 2020, 04:45:21 PM

Theres still the lower section to do. The cranes & other machinery are on a temporary raised access platform built above it.
[/quotit That would explain it HW.Must be pretty robust but thinking about it I seem to remember some serious steels on that level and wondered what that was about at the time.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: mrmicawbers on November 20, 2020, 05:04:51 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on November 20, 2020, 04:45:21 PM

[/quotit That would explain it HW.Must be pretty robust but thinking about it I seem to remember some serious steels on that level and wondered what that was about at the time.

I was wondering that myself about how sturdy it would have to be to support the weight of some of that plant. Think the project manager mentioned in that update video a few week's back

sarnian

Looking back at photos from August and artists sketches on the offal it would appear that the upper tier is composed of two sections. The August photos show about 6 rows of seats at a slightly inclined angle which must be ten to twelve foot off the ground and this has now been covered up to provide a walkway and area for the crane to operate. This area is still well back from the pitch.

The November photos show the rest of the upper tier at a much steeper incline. It can be seen that at the front of these current photos they are constructing the exits and steps to leave the stand. It would appear that there will be a walkway between the front six seats and the steeper upper tier seats.  This is also how it appears in the sketches on the offal.

Obviously the lower stand seats of about 10 rows cannot be constructed until the season is finished as this is the area currently being used for the managers, coaches and subs and the TV crews.

Can this lower build be done in 3 months or are the club going to have to move some games to complete the stand.

Interesting times. 049:gif

b+w geezer

Quote from: Baston White on November 20, 2020, 10:36:44 AM
The original completion date was July 2021 so it looks like a new date of around end December 2021 for completion is best guess at this stage.
Agreed, but..... Much depends on what they originally had in mind by that 'finishing' date. If it included both sides of the structure, inclusive of fitting out of the river-facing restaurants, bars, etc. they were leasing, then finishing those works 5 months late has no implications for having people watch football.

Given Covid, it wouldn't amaze either (or be a disgrace) if they haven't yet found tenants for the those spaces anyway, in which case there is nothing to divert attention currently from the pitch-facing side and some catch-up there may be possible as a result.

With the steelworks and roof completed (by early spring?), seats could be added within a few weeks, that's easy-peasy. And then with functioning toilets and even basic catering facilities, they could  accommodate spectators at levels of comfort even then superior to the other three sides of the ground -- luxury lounges and whatever to follow a.s.a.p. -- and the river-facing stuff in its time. So if that's what the club would settle for on Matchday One (in circumstances no-one could have foreseen) it may still be on.

sarnian

Quote from: b+w geezer on November 21, 2020, 04:26:11 PM
Quote from: Baston White on November 20, 2020, 10:36:44 AM
Agreed, but..... Much depends on what they originally had in mind by that 'finishing' date. If it included both sides of the structure, inclusive of fitting out of the river-facing restaurants, bars, etc. they were leasing, then finishing those works 5 months late has no implications for having people watch football.

Given Covid, it wouldn't amaze either (or be a disgrace) if they haven't yet found tenants for the those spaces anyway, in which case there is nothing to divert attention currently from the pitch-facing side and some catch-up there may be possible as a result.

With the steelworks and roof completed (by early spring?), seats could be added within a few weeks, that's easy-peasy. And then with functioning toilets and even basic catering facilities, they could  accommodate spectators at levels of comfort even then superior to the other three sides of the ground -- luxury lounges and whatever to follow a.s.a.p. -- and the river-facing stuff in its time. So if that's what the club would settle for on Matchday One (in circumstances no-one could have foreseen) it may still be on.

The problem would be the issuing of safety certificates without the whole stand being completed. Just look at the problems Spuds had in getting their certificates having to constantly delay opening and they had completed their build.

b+w geezer

Quote from: sarnian on November 21, 2020, 05:09:08 PM
The problem would be the issuing of safety certificates without the whole stand being completed. Just look at the problems Spuds had in getting their certificates having to constantly delay opening and they had completed their build.
Here's a question. If you enter the finalised new structure at riverside path level, then will that give you access (direct or indirect) to the football seating? Or will the entrances/exits to and from the football seating be kept apart and sealed off from those of the river-facing bars etc ('Fulham Pier'). The answer to that Q. has a bearing on the degree of parallel with the Spurs case, or indeed any other stadium that springs to mind. Would be interested to hear.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: b+w geezer on November 21, 2020, 06:34:04 PM
Quote from: sarnian on November 21, 2020, 05:09:08 PM
Here's a question. If you enter the finalised new structure at riverside path level, then will that give you access (direct or indirect) to the football seating? Or will the entrances/exits to and from the football seating be kept apart and sealed off from those of the river-facing bars etc ('Fulham Pier'). The answer to that Q. has a bearing on the degree of parallel with the Spurs case, or indeed any other stadium that springs to mind. Would be interested to hear.

It's a good question. I also wonder  how much of the river path level outlets is going to be available to supporters on a matchday. I'm looking at the skeleton going up & with the roof terrace it's on seven levels, the upper levels look to be cramped for concourse room. I'm guessing the first floor & basement are where the main hospitality facilities will be housed. Got a bad feeling your average fan isn't going to be accommodated, did have some hope of a supporters type bar/pub but can't see that

mrmicawbers

I did ask one of the Fellas who organises the Corporate at Fulham about using the facilities if your not bought a ticket In the new stand and he was under the impression that you couldn't.Not sure about the bars and restaurants that may be open on the riverside walk.With regard to the roof terrace there does seem to have more space above the apartments.I hope they do as I plan to check it out when we can.

b+w geezer

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on November 21, 2020, 07:51:01 PM
I also wonder  how much of the river path level outlets is going to be available to supporters on a matchday
The naming and marketing of 'Fulham Pier' make no reference to the other side of the structure, and my working assumption (not belied by what the pics imply, in your reading either) is that the two will be hermetically sealed from each other.

A pre- or post-match visit to one of the places on Fulham Pier may well be possible, but only in the same way as to any other local joint. A bar on the 'Pier' will be quicker to reach after the final whistle than the Crabtree, say, but you'll still need to exit the football stadium first. And any facilities you can access from your seat will in turn be inaccessible from outside the stadium.

That's how I'm reading it till informed otherwise anyway. And if that really is the case then.....well, you'd not be prevented from holding a match because the Crabtree was an empty shell. Would the situation here differ for stadium licensing purposes? It's a genuine question as I absolutely don't know the score!

sarnian

I am led to believe that only football supporters will be allowed in while matches are going on. The walkway will be closed and only fans, flat residents and amenities staff will be allowed in and during this time restaurants and bars will not be open to the general public.

Perhaps the question can be asked at the next meeting with the club.

Riversider

Quote from: sarnian on November 21, 2020, 10:05:58 PM
I am led to believe that only football supporters will be allowed in while matches are going on. The walkway will be closed and only fans, flat residents and amenities staff will be allowed in and during this time restaurants and bars will not be open to the general public.

Perhaps the question can be asked at the next meeting with the club.

This is exactly as I understand it.