watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I love the humour but the hard work has already begun and it will be good when next season starts and we can all see the progress. Meanwhile thanks for this

Southcoastffc

Quote from: love4ffc on June 13, 2019, 11:15:31 PM
So, they are extending the marine break wall further in to the river? Assume they are widening the walk way and people will be able to walk along the river behind the new stand?
That's long been the plan. http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/01/fulham-fc-submits-riverside-plans
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Riversider

Quote from: love4ffc on June 13, 2019, 11:15:31 PM
So, they are extending the marine break wall further in to the river? Assume they are widening the walk way and people will be able to walk along the river behind the new stand?

Jeez, where have you been the last 7 years ?

fcfulham55

Could we agree that, once the foundations are in place.  The new stand, which is fairly small by modern standards (of teams in the top 2 divisions)  Should shoot up out of no where then? 

Still think it'll be a nice little stand when inside the ground. Definitely not big or the biggest, definitely far far from the best. But that's definitely what makes Fulham. Fulham. 

No pillars will be nice though!
Sent from my Nokia 3310

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: fcfulham55 on June 14, 2019, 06:04:11 PM
Could we agree that, once the foundations are in place.  The new stand, which is fairly small by modern standards (of teams in the top 2 divisions)  Should shoot up out of no where then? 

Still think it'll be a nice little stand when inside the ground. Definitely not big or the biggest, definitely far far from the best. But that's definitely what makes Fulham. Fulham. 

No pillars will be nice though!

Sorry mate but physically the stand is not small by any stretch of the imagination. Its a seven level structure made to look even bigger due to a distintive & unique roof which appears to hover over it, it dwarves the current stand .
It loses capacity at either end due to the apartments, if allowed to continue you probably could've squeezed another 1500 or so seats in.
You say far far from the best?? You do realise this is one of the most expensive single stands built in this country right ? For a demanding owner well used to the superb facilities available at stadiums in the USA, for 100 million quid rest assured it will be as good , not as big , as nearly anywhere in Britain

Friendsoffulham

Fulham sending out leaflet to locals about stand redevelopment's effect on Bishops Park and materials arriving on site

One Martin Thomas

With the compound behind the Putney Bridge stand why not get that done after the Riverside? Even though I am a massive fan of the Riverside we are developing the only true stand we have. I can't stand the temporary scaffolding seating in the other 3 stands!

DevonFFC

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on June 16, 2019, 08:43:08 PM
With the compound behind the Putney Bridge stand why not get that done after the Riverside? Even though I am a massive fan of the Riverside we are developing the only true stand we have. I can't stand the temporary scaffolding seating in the other 3 stands!

To have the Putney end down too would be amazing. A two tiered stand again, put a tv gantry up there too and sit the away fans up there.... just like spurs used to at WHL

sarnian

I was told ( a very reliable source ) that when MAF was granted permission to redevelop the Riverside Stand in 2012 that he was also looking at plans for the Putney End. I was told this a few months before his Riverside plans were approved.

David I

Good luck delivering steels and any other large item to site. Narrow roads and 90 degree bends!?!

General

Quote from: David I on June 16, 2019, 11:42:23 PM
Good luck delivering steels and any other large item to site. Narrow roads and 90 degree bends!?!

I'm assuming most materials will get to the site via the Thames.

Fulham Joe

Are there pictures on this thread? I'm not seeing them, but it looks like they've been posted.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: General on June 17, 2019, 08:01:31 AM

On the larger stuff probably. Tide would be fun!

All the smaller, pallet stuff, i expect would come via lorry.

wiresandmore

Anyone know if the changing rooms will move to the Riverside in the new design? Or staying where they are (with the walk across the pitch to the dugouts?)

I Ronic

Quote from: Ols_S on June 17, 2019, 03:12:33 PM

The cottage side of the river is shallow. With no discernable flow and very muddy. Can't see anything being delivered via the river.

Roberty

Quote from: I Ronic on June 17, 2019, 04:16:32 PM

The cottage side of the river is shallow. With no discernable flow and very muddy. Can't see anything being delivered via the river.

That is when the tide is out !

I presume deliveries will be timed to take advantage of the tide and there's supposed to be a pontoon in the river too
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

The Rational Fan

Quote from: wiresandmore on June 17, 2019, 04:09:20 PM
Anyone know if the changing rooms will move to the Riverside in the new design? Or staying where they are (with the walk across the pitch to the dugouts?)

i'd love to know that answer too

MJG

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 18, 2019, 02:13:51 AM
Quote from: wiresandmore on June 17, 2019, 04:09:20 PM

i'd love to know that answer too
the inital plans are still to have them in the cottage.
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Quote from: Roberty on June 17, 2019, 04:43:23 PM
Quote from: I Ronic on June 17, 2019, 04:16:32 PM

That is when the tide is out !

I presume deliveries will be timed to take advantage of the tide and there's supposed to be a pontoon in the river too
Think there is a target of 40% of all the work to go via the river.
Just the views of a long term fan

mrmicawbers