more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Chairman Provides Riverside Stand Update

The Chairman reveals an exciting new project - Fulham Pier.

Welcome to Craven Cottage for not only an important match under the floodlights against Derby County, but also for a latest look at the almost complete disappearance of the Riverside Stand.

As you can see now, the only structures remaining of note are the temporary gantry for television and broadcasting, and the dugouts at pitchside. You'll probably feel somewhat of a chill from the Thames that was once blocked by the old Riverside Stand and one thing is for certain – everyone at Fulham Football Club appreciates your patience and support during this period of transition, occasional hardship and anticipation of what awaits all of us in the summer of 2021.

And, what you can expect in 2021 is what Fulham supporters, the neighbourhood and all of London have waited for and unquestionably deserve – nothing less than a signature destination befitting our world-class city. For this edition of my programme notes, I want to share my thoughts on the Riverside Stand project and particularly focus on the concept of destination, which was my vision from the moment I was privileged to become your chairman in July 2013.

With that, I am very proud to announce London's next great destination – Fulham Pier.

An explanation is in order. Yes, there will be a new Riverside Stand, of course, one that will deliver additional capacity to our beloved home ground. Financial sustainability is critical in football, and especially so for a small but mighty club like ours. The new Riverside Stand will represent a major stride forward in ensuring that Fulham will operate successfully and properly, right here at Craven Cottage where it has since 1896 and for generations to come.

The magnificent new Riverside Stand will sit within Fulham Pier, which will be a year-round destination for everyone – football fans, Londoners and visitors to our neighbourhood from near and far. Never has this stretch of the Thames been brought to life, and its full potential realised, until Fulham Pier.

In April of 2014, I shared news in a letter to Season Ticket Holders that the Board of the Port of London Authority granted your Club a river works license that permitted us to move forward on the project I am describing today. That was an important accomplishment, but just one of many required to see this journey through. And, along the way, we have been unapologetically patient to ensure that the design and purpose of a new Riverside Stand met the very highest standards as we know them today but would also stand the test of time – just as Craven Cottage itself. The by-product of this deliberate process is Fulham Pier and, with the new Riverside Stand as its centrepiece, I am overjoyed at what the future holds for all of us.

I am confident that Fulham Pier will be everything that everyone had asked or hoped for, and much more. And it may be difficult to see it now, but the future is becoming reality with each day that passes. The piling in the river bed has now commenced in order to create a wooden boardwalk. This will be open to all on non-matchdays, providing a picturesque and uninterrupted stroll along the river for the first time ever. It will be here that you, your friends and family will find places to eat, drink, meet, exercise, learn new activities, take in special events or simply enjoy the waterfront. I envision a vibe that will blend nostalgia with contemporary, always alive, and always respectful of the Club, neighbourhood and city.

To fully appreciate what is in store, I encourage you to visit www.fulhampier.com where you will find a video and numerous renderings that will touch on everything Fulham Pier will embody and offer well beyond Fulham match days. In fact, the very essence of Fulham Pier is to be a unique destination every day of the year – mornings, afternoons and evenings – that will further enhance and complement what has long been a spectacular London neighbourhood where Craven Cottage has been shaped in part over the years every bit by the historic and beautiful parkland to the south, just as it has by the River Thames to the west.

A reinvented and reimagined destination, and a new way of life, will be here soon at the home of Fulham Football Club. You can be certain that we will have frequent updates throughout 2020 and into 2021, and at all times we welcome your questions or comments related to the project or your Club.

Now, back to football! Congrats to Aboubakar Kamara for his role on Friday night in a massive win for us against Queens Park Rangers, and to all of his teammates who were every bit as important in showing the resiliency and commitment to our game that will be essential in our promotion mission.  We now have the opportunity tonight to win three straight games for only the second time this campaign, and this wouldn't have been possible without our strong response midway through the first half that carried us through the balance of the match. Well done, everyone!

To all visiting fans from Derby, welcome back to Craven Cottage and thank you for making Fulham a road destination in support of the Rams. And to everyone who supports Fulham, thank you as always for your loyalty here at Craven Cottage and on the road as well. We are continually impressed and always grateful!

Thanks for reading. Come on, Fulham!

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/november/26/chairman-provides-riverside-stand-update

thebumponleroyshead

Anyone fancy watching the game in their post steam dressing gown with a bovril facial and steak and kidney pie smoothie.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Friendsoffulham

We're building a new heart of the community. Welcome to Fulham Pier. Opening Summer 2021

Positioned along the Thames and nestled by parkland, we're bringing to life this pocket of South West London by creating a unique destination that'll be open morning, noon and night.

Read Less

So whether you start your day with sunrise yoga; pop in for a flat white in between meetings; make space for mindfulness in your lunch break or try a pizza class with the kids; take the whole family to the rooftop pool or make a date with a glass of bubbles, there's something for everyone.

So please bear with us, because we can't wait to invite you all as soon as we're open.

We're in leafy South West London, an easy walk, bus, tube, train or hot air balloon ride (well, you never know) away.

Keep checking back for regular updates, but if you are a passionate brand who'd like to work with us, please get in touch:

[email protected]

Stevenage Rd
Fulham
London
SW6 6HH

https://fulhampier.com/

Leveller

Well that all looks rather fancy.

As an away fan though, it looks like we won't be able to wave to the people on the pleasure boats on the Thames any more.

Pity.

MikeTheCubed

When I saw the word Savour in the title of the new web page I misread the word Pier as Pies. Oh well.

junior white

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

fulhamfan

Andy S

What is the point. Most of us can wait between games for an update. It is not going to move that quickly. My be in the summer it might be nice

PhilEsh

Quote from: Andy S on January 14, 2020, 04:07:01 PM
What is the point. Most of us can wait between games for an update. It is not going to move that quickly. My be in the summer it might be nice

Because it provides an interesting insight for those with an interest in construction projects.

ron

Slow in the build up?  Both on and off the pitch then...?

Neil D

Quote from: fcfulham55 on December 30, 2019, 12:22:10 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 29, 2019, 07:33:42 PM

That's a magnificent photo.

It is and it's also a reminder about how rubbish the JH stand is.  Surely the technology exists to support a corrugated iron roof without the use of restricted view supports?

Roberty

Quote from: Neil D on January 15, 2020, 05:03:28 PM

It is and it's also a reminder about how rubbish the JH stand is.  Surely the technology exists to support a corrugated iron roof without the use of restricted view supports?

It's been a Listed Building since 1987 - doing anything to it needs planning and listed building consent

The clubs best hope of doing anything would be health and safety - but until then it has to remain as it is
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

fulhamben

Quote from: Roberty on January 15, 2020, 06:12:40 PM

It's been a Listed Building since 1987 - doing anything to it needs planning and listed building consent

The clubs best hope the club have of doing anything would be health and safety - but until then it has to remain as it is
am I going crazy or didn't we have an asbestos roof until maf did his refurb
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Roberty

Quote from: fulhamben on January 15, 2020, 06:35:40 PM

The clubs best hope of doing anything would be health and safety - but until then it has to remain as it is
It may well have been but I would expect that is had to be done using materials of a similar design
It was also refurbished about 3 or 4 years ago
In each instance it would have to have been done in consultation with English Heritage
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

fulhamben

Quote from: Roberty on January 15, 2020, 07:37:06 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 15, 2020, 06:35:40 PM

It may well have been but I would expect that is had to be done using materials of a similar design
It was also refurbished about 3 or 4 years ago
In each instance it would have to have been done in consultation with English Heritage
and also I'm sure I read somewhere that it was just the wall that is listed
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamfan

Are the changing rooms and tunnel going to be in the new stand or will they still remain in the cottage?