more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: fulhamross on January 17, 2020, 09:14:39 AM
Are the changing rooms and tunnel going to be in the new stand or will they still remain in the cottage?
In the Cottage.....a mistake in my view.
Just the views of a long term fan

deadcowboys

Quote from: MJG on January 17, 2020, 09:16:37 AM
Are the changing rooms and tunnel going to be in the new stand or will they still remain in the cottage?

Couldn't agree more.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 06, 2019, 03:11:48 PM
Just thinking that yesterday.

This is terrific, diggers and stuff and men beavering away.
I will visit every time there is an update

Fernhurst, will be a bit different from my long gone dad clambering along the Thames before climbing in over the wall to see a game......

092.gif

Penfold

Quote from: Roberty on January 15, 2020, 06:12:40 PM
Quote from: Neil D on January 15, 2020, 05:03:28 PM
Quote from: fcfulham55 on December 30, 2019, 12:22:10 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 29, 2019, 07:33:42 PM

That's a magnificent photo.

It is and it's also a reminder about how rubbish the JH stand is.  Surely the technology exists to support a corrugated iron roof without the use of restricted view supports?

It's been a Listed Building since 1987 - doing anything to it needs planning and listed building consent

The clubs best hope of doing anything would be health and safety - but until then it has to remain as it is

Planning permission was granted in 2001 for demolition of most of the stand (the facade would have remained), so a precedent is there for alterations.

Chesh

Quote from: deadcowboys on January 17, 2020, 09:33:51 AM
Couldn't agree more.
Not for me....it may be cramped and outdated, but it is unique, and is characteristic that the Cottage's main function now is to house the dressing rooms, and be the place where the team emerges from. If it loses that function, it will lose some of it's relevance going forward.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Chesh on January 17, 2020, 10:40:35 AM
Couldn't agree more.
Not for me....it may be cramped and outdated, but it is unique, and is characteristic that the Cottage's main function now is to house the dressing rooms, and be the place where the team emerges from. If it loses that function, it will lose some of it's relevance going forward.

:plus one:  also the likes of Alec Ferguson and big teams don't like it, so they are uncomfortable which is a good thing  imo.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on January 17, 2020, 11:47:00 AM
Quote from: Chesh on January 17, 2020, 10:40:35 AM
Couldn't agree more.

:plus one:  also the likes of Alec Ferguson and big teams don't like it, so they are uncomfortable which is a good thing  imo.

Anything that makes lives difficult for opponents is a plus for me, if it gives us another edge even a minor one it contributes. If I had my way I would give opponents cold showers, no electricity and flat warm up balls.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on January 17, 2020, 09:36:28 AM

Fernhurst, will be a bit different from my long gone dad clambering along the Thames before climbing in over the wall to see a game......

092.gif

Bog, my old man told me stories of waiting so patiently on the step of "The Worlds End" pub for his Dad to come out and give him a penny to go to the football. Him and his mate would then run all the way to The Cottage, but, instead of spending on entrance fee would climb a tree in Bishops Park and inch out before swinging down and dropping into the Putney end gents toilets, much to the annoyance of the users of the convenience.
What times they were, I'm guessing that would have been about 1913!!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

I Ronic

"What times they were, I'm guessing that would have been about 1913"

Would that of been a midweek game?  :003:

KeenCottager

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 17, 2020, 02:04:49 PM
Quote from: bog on January 17, 2020, 09:36:28 AM

092.gif

Bog, my old man told me stories of waiting so patiently on the step of "The Worlds End" pub for his Dad to come out and give him a penny to go to the football. Him and his mate would then run all the way to The Cottage, but, instead of spending on entrance fee would climb a tree in Bishops Park and inch out before swinging down and dropping into the Putney end gents toilets, much to the annoyance of the users of the convenience.
What times they were, I'm guessing that would have been about 1913!!

My dad told me he also used to do this too, would have been in the 50's though

Statto

Couldn't agree more.

+1

love4ffc

Not sure if this has been asked and answered yet but,

does anyone know if the pitch will increase in width when the new stand is finished? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

SP

There's a bit of room to reconfigure inside the Cottage, e.g. the treatment room. Would the planning laws allow internal alterations?

Vinnieffc

It is and it's also a reminder about how rubbish the JH stand is.  Surely the technology exists to support a corrugated iron roof without the use of restricted view supports?

It's been a Listed Building since 1987 - doing anything to it needs planning and listed building consent

The clubs best hope of doing anything would be health and safety - but until then it has to remain as it is
I thought it was only the Stevenage Road facade that was listed.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Penfold

Quote from: Vinnieffc on February 05, 2020, 01:48:44 PM

The actual stand in its entirety, together with the Cottage were listed in 1987.

However, planning permission was granted in 2001 to demolish all of the stand bar the facade and also to demolish the Cottage. Therefore, there is a precedent should alterations want to be made to the JHS.

Riversider

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on November 15, 2019, 04:42:56 PM
https://ffcw001.azureedge.net/-/media/downloads/pdf/a3_info_session_nov_2019_single.jpg

Worth bringing this to the top again as a refresher for everyone , it's only two months from now that all being well we start to see the frame of the new stand rising from the ground,
I must say also, what a winter we chose to build this stand, I bet everybody involved can't believe their luck , they must have factored in to lose some days due to the weather during January and February,  well no such need this year, I'll be surprised if the work is behind schedule at this stage, well I hope not anyway.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on February 05, 2020, 02:49:39 PM
https://ffcw001.azureedge.net/-/media/downloads/pdf/a3_info_session_nov_2019_single.jpg

Worth bringing this to the top again as a refresher for everyone , it's only two months from now that all being well we start to see the frame of the new stand rising from the ground,
I must say also, what a winter we chose to build this stand, I bet everybody involved can't believe their luck , they must have factored in to lose some days due to the weather during January and February,  well no such need this year, I'll be surprised if the work is behind schedule at this stage, well I hope not anyway.
My last conversation with club staff two weeks ago said that it was maybe going to be neaer the second half of the year that they reach that point of seeing the frame go up. Still a lot of prep work to do and the basement they are digging out is massive. The frame you can see at the Putney end is for Police/medical rooms.
Just the views of a long term fan

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Penfold on February 05, 2020, 02:49:08 PM
Quote from: Vinnieffc on February 05, 2020, 01:48:44 PM

The actual stand in its entirety, together with the Cottage were listed in 1987.

However, planning permission was granted in 2001 to demolish all of the stand bar the facade and also to demolish the Cottage. Therefore, there is a precedent should alterations want to be made to the JHS.
Ah okay, cheers [emoji4]

gang

Quote from: love4ffc on February 04, 2020, 07:10:41 PM
Not sure if this has been asked and answered yet but,

does anyone know if the pitch will increase in width when the new stand is finished? 

I don't imagine so.

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on February 05, 2020, 03:02:24 PM
Quote from: Riversider on February 05, 2020, 02:49:39 PM

My last conversation with club staff two weeks ago said that it was maybe going to be neaer the second half of the year that they reach that point of seeing the frame go up. Still a lot of prep work to do and the basement they are digging out is massive. The frame you can see at the Putney end is for Police/medical rooms.

Then that would suggest they are already two months behind the schedule, would be very surprised if that was the case