watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthIslandWhite

Hey, quick shout out to whomever is providing all of these terrific pictures from someone who lives 8 times zones to the west of Craven Cottage, thank you very much!  These pictures really help me feel like I am there and watching the progress first hand.  Much appreciated.   082.gif
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

alfie

I have just had a walk round the back of Hammersmith, it's one hell of a structure. It totally dwarfs the Hammersmith stand.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Thanks for the latest pictures. It looks as if the cantilevers for the roof are now being fixed, things are progressing.

Time for a Christmas report on the OFFAL surely.

HamsterWheel

When are they putting the pillars in to restrict the view? Wouldn't be a Fulham stand without those!

RoyTund

Quote from: SG on December 15, 2020, 09:24:17 PM
Never understand why the Council do not allow the club to develop the Putney End with exits into Bishops Park. That area of the park is a mess and the grassed area needs some significant work to improve it

I think for the first time there will be some turnstiles at the putney side into the park

lomotd

Quote from: RoyTund on December 18, 2020, 02:41:41 PM
Never understand why the Council do not allow the club to develop the Putney End with exits into Bishops Park. That area of the park is a mess and the grassed area needs some significant work to improve it

I think for the first time there will be some turnstiles at the putney side into the park

I'm a civil engineer who works on major infrastructure projects so may have *some* knowledge which can be shared here.

I expect the next expansion of CC would be for a two-tier Putney end. Precedence is a vary important consideration in any planning application. You're right to say that the new Riverside is going to have turnstiles directly into Bishop's Park. That, coupled with the increased height of the Riverside and the fact Fulham have already taken land from the park (albeit temporarily with the current site compound) makes me think that any application for a new Putney stand leading into Bishop's Park would stand a good chance of getting accepted. As part of the planning permission, Fulham would no doubt be required to provide a substanital donation to the maintenance/upkeep of the park which would soften any detrimental impact to the park.

mrmicawbers

Once the new stand is opened commercially I would update the Johnny Haynes stand.This would force many of the season ticket holders myself being one to relocate to the Riverside.I would take up this option if forced to.Who knows maybe to never return there.

sarnian

Quote from: lomotd on December 18, 2020, 03:14:31 PM
Quote from: RoyTund on December 18, 2020, 02:41:41 PM

I'm a civil engineer who works on major infrastructure projects so may have *some* knowledge which can be shared here.

I expect the next expansion of CC would be for a two-tier Putney end. Precedence is a vary important consideration in any planning application. You're right to say that the new Riverside is going to have turnstiles directly into Bishop's Park. That, coupled with the increased height of the Riverside and the fact Fulham have already taken land from the park (albeit temporarily with the current site compound) makes me think that any application for a new Putney stand leading into Bishop's Park would stand a good chance of getting accepted. As part of the planning permission, Fulham would no doubt be required to provide a substanital donation to the maintenance/upkeep of the park which would soften any detrimental impact to the park.

Back when MAF was in charge and had his Riverside Stand plans approved I was reliably informed from someone who worked for the club at the time that plans had already been drawn up for a 2 tier upgrade to the Putney End.

Over a period of time I was told things that I never repeated about transfers etc and the info I was given was very much spot on so I would think this info was also good.

It would be a natural progression to update the Putney Stand and then the Hammersmith which are both I believed still licenced as temporary structures. Work on the Hammersmith would be difficult with the space available and any changes to the Stevenage Stand which is a listed building would probably be just an upgrade of facilities etc to meet modern health and safety rules.

Longing to get back into the new Riverside ASAP. 049:gif

Friendsoffulham

General

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on December 18, 2020, 06:17:29 PM

Invalid Tweet ID

Am I the only one who's slightly gutted now that they've only done the one stand? As a season ticket holder in the riverside stand not only is it going to be a lot harder to get a seat as it's got the novelty and fancier facilities but it's also most likely going to see ticket prices for the stand go up disproportionately to cover costs. I hope not and it looks great, but I've a lot of attachment to being around the group of regulars at the club and sitting in the stand and feel some of that may be lost.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: General on December 18, 2020, 06:20:29 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on December 18, 2020, 06:17:29 PM

Invalid Tweet ID

Am I the only one who's slightly gutted now that they've only done the one stand? As a season ticket holder in the riverside stand not only is it going to be a lot harder to get a seat as it's got the novelty and fancier facilities but it's also most likely going to see ticket prices for the stand go up disproportionately to cover costs. I hope not and it looks great, but I've a lot of attachment to being around the group of regulars at the club and sitting in the stand and feel some of that may be lost.
With twice the capacity I don't. Think it will be an issue.there only so much corporate entertainment you can do.They will want the stand to be full and will price accordingly. They Will make more money by making it a full day event where people meet before and after the game.This I am looking forward to experiencing.

SP

Good point General, I share a slightly different pain as my parents were season tickets from the start in the Riverside. They had a brilliant view from the middle central, IMO the absolute best view in the ground. I can no longer look up to their old seats, I guess that area will be right in the middle of the expanded corporate seats.

filham

Wow, some big forces at play at the root of that roof cantilever, hope the designers have got their sums right.

_Putney_

Went to the Fulham side of the river for a few pics.

fcfulham55

Quote from: _Putney_ on December 19, 2020, 12:07:21 PM
Went to the Fulham side of the river for a few pics.

Wow thanks for these.  Fantastic Pics yet again.

Thank God we have some fans covering the progress. Otherwise we rely on an update every few months from the club.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

SG

Brilliant pics, thank you  049:gif

brightster

Loving the look of the stand.
Don't think the JH stand will have any problems with the sun in your eyes once built!

filham

These latest pictures are breathtaking, whatever is next.

shepperton white

What interests me is, if we are allowing people to stroll along behind the stand on non match days, how can we install turnstiles from the park, especially if we are opening the coffee outlets to the public  - or am I misreading the situation altogether?