That's all I got.

Sting of the North

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 03, 2019, 05:17:03 PM
Joe Bryan looked good.

Knock looked good.

Kits looked good.

Cardiff lost too.

That's all I got.

Not a big fan of Bryan today. At big fault for the goal (with MLM), and very suspect positioning, which he thankfully saved with several good last minute blocks. Average at best going forward.

Liked Knockeart's sub appearance. Mawson is healthy and had a decent game. Odoi also decent. Ayité lively, and TC fairly good second half (but bad first half). Kamara was Kamara (for good and bad) and I don't think anyone enjoys defending against him.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 03, 2019, 05:21:39 PM
Joe Bryan looked good.

Knock looked good.

Kits looked good.

Cardiff lost too.

That's all I got.

Not a big fan of Bryan today. At big fault for the goal (with MLM), and very suspect positioning, which he thankfully saved with several good last minute blocks. Average at best going forward.

Liked Knockeart's sub appearance. Mawson is healthy and had a decent game. Odoi also decent. Ayité lively, and TC fairly good second half (but bad first half). Kamara was Kamara (for good and bad) and I don't think anyone enjoys defending against him.

Out of interest, how is the goal MLM's fault when he was down injured owing to Woodrow undercutting him when he jumped for a header?

Bassey the warrior

Joe Bryan looked good.

Knock looked good.

Kits looked good.

Cardiff lost too.

That's all I got.

Bryan was our best player for me. Yes he made a bad error but he got lots of tackles in, including an excellent last ditch tackle. Betts shouldn't have been beaten at his near post.

rvFFC

Brentford lost as well I think. A few in the door and a bit of time to get going and I reckon we'll be alright, just need to temper expectations a bit

Sting of the North

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 03, 2019, 05:23:20 PM
Joe Bryan looked good.

Knock looked good.

Kits looked good.

Cardiff lost too.

That's all I got.

Out of interest, how is the goal MLM's fault when he was down injured owing to Woodrow undercutting him when he jumped for a header?

Unnecessary challenge, and in my book never a foul on Woodrow. MLM took himself out of play, and gave Barnsley the opportunity to attack an unorganized defence.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 03, 2019, 05:25:53 PM
Joe Bryan looked good.

Knock looked good.

Kits looked good.

Cardiff lost too.

That's all I got.

Unnecessary challenge, and in my book never a foul on Woodrow. MLM took himself out of play, and gave Barnsley the opportunity to attack an unorganized defence.

So you're saying a CB shouldn't challenge for the ball when it's pumped forward towards our defence on the off chance they get injured? Right then

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 03, 2019, 05:25:53 PM
Joe Bryan looked good.

Knock looked good.

Kits looked good.

Cardiff lost too.

That's all I got.

This is what I thought.

Hey...let's keep this thread about the positives though.

Mawson played a full 90 minutes.  (I also think Mawson would have played that same long ball that injured MLM much differently than he did)

SP

Only positive is that I decided not to attend the match.

Russianrob

Mitro's on fire,well today he bearly flickered which is more than we can say about the majority of other Fulham players.

andyk

Newcastle lost their first two games a couple of seasons ago  then they waltzed into the Prem. 
That's all I can think of, it is valid until our 3rd match.

PRODAJEE

Parker looked slick, that's a positive

General

Simply put - wtf is a gk doing getting beaten at his near post?! It didn't even seem to be that intense a shot.

Artful Dodger

Positives..... we're only 3 points off the play offs!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

WindyCity

Really hard for me to find any positives at all after a game as played today.  A newly promoted team, full of youngsters (I saw a post earlier, all under 24?) totally outplayed and outclassed FFC.  And lucky the score was only 1 nil, could have been worse.  Very disappointing start to the new season........

Robbie

Positives -  I stayed at home, I couldn't get FFTV to work.

Statto

Surely there is a level we could sink to where Shahid Khan would say sorry Tony, I know you're my son but this is just ridiculous, I've got to replace you for your own good. If today moved us a step closer to that level then that would be some consolation.

Penfold

Quote from: SP on August 03, 2019, 05:33:17 PM
Only positive is that I decided not to attend the match.

Same here. The main weakness in the squad has still not been addressed. Hopefully, some defenders incoming, plus a decent midfield player before Thursday.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 03, 2019, 05:28:26 PM
So you're saying a CB shouldn't challenge for the ball when it's pumped forward towards our defence on the off chance they get injured? Right then

No, that's not what I am saying. This was not a general statement on how I believe that CBS should play. Maybe try reading it again?

filham

An extra top class defender before deadline day is no longer a priority as we have a greater need for a strong man in midfield.