watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Positives for today

Started by AnOldBrownie, August 03, 2019, 05:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

If I was a battery I would be positive. But the writing has been on the wall for a considerable length of time. Once again no clean sheet and no goals against a team that were two Divisions below us less than 3 months ago.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Only positive from me is that positively McDonald & Johansen should hang up their boots. Forger 2 seasons ago they are now not up to it. Our MF was out played by a mix & match Barnsley side who at least played with a passion & thoroughly deserved to beat our prima donnas.
Where there's a will there's a wife

One Martin Thomas

No positives today ! Beaten by a hungrier team ! I thought their centre back was magnificent against Mitro.

We looked 10yrs older than them in midfield. All 3 were poor for us.

Defence is very poor from right to left.

Kamara is a donkey !

Skatzoffc

Calm down, Calm down.

Thought we'd get beat today as they would be up for it and we are notoriously slow starters.

Long way to go but we need a decent CB to start ahead of MLM and I believe we should try Steve Sess instead of  Christie.
MLM and Christie are both 2nd string players imo.

Midfield need a kick up the proverbial, but hopefully that bloody nose will do the job nicely.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Deeping_white

The one thing I would say in defence of the team, would be that we have with the current group of players in the championship always struggled against high press teams. Even under Joka we struggled so I guess until we play against a team that don't utilise it, you can't quite say how good/bad we'll be. That being said, we need Besic in to replace Kmac and probably a Michael Hector too at CB, to strengthen two key positions. Arguably after that we need an Anguissa replacement because whatever StefJo was trying to do today, it really didn't work

Denver Fulham

Quote from: General on August 03, 2019, 05:50:48 PM
Simply put - wtf is a gk doing getting beaten at his near post?! It didn't even seem to be that intense a shot.

The shot deflected off Mawson at close range. Not Betts' fault.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 03, 2019, 06:49:29 PM
Simply put - wtf is a gk doing getting beaten at his near post?! It didn't even seem to be that intense a shot.

Really?   I thought both Betts and Mawson wiffed with their legs.     I agree that Mawson being so close to Betts contributed to him missing that save though.

SuffolkWhite

Said top six this season and cant see that changing, yes we were poor but it's a kick up the jacksee which is no bad thing with the transfer window open. One game at a time, looking forward to Blackburn now.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Facts Not Fiction

Mawson and Bryan were decent. Knockaert looked lovely. Nothing else.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 03, 2019, 06:59:18 PM

Really?   I thought both Betts and Mawson wiffed with their legs.     I agree that Mawson being so close to Betts contributed to him missing that save though.

Mawson clearly got a piece of it. Unlucky on both, as Mawson actually handled a really awkward situation well. He took away the passing lane and then recovered to challenge the shot.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 03, 2019, 08:10:30 PM

Mawson clearly got a piece of it. Unlucky on both, as Mawson actually handled a really awkward situation well. He took away the passing lane and then recovered to challenge the shot.

Mawson was really the only positive I took out the game. He looked like the player we all hoped the club was signing last season. Even chipped in with a solid headed attempt off a corner.

junior white

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 03, 2019, 08:10:30 PM

Defo takes a slight deflection, but still should have done better IMO, near post and under his body.

But he is the best we have so I look at it as just one of those days in the office for them all

the nutflush

Quote from: PRODAJEE on August 03, 2019, 05:46:21 PM
Parker looked slick, that's a positive

Wore a lovely cardigan didn't he? Other than that.. Knockaert looked great. Too much to find two central midfielders and a CB with his ability in a week?

Ara's bacon crisps

Surprised not to see Cavaleiro get a mention as a positive - thought he was very lively, especially in the first half and he and Knockaert will be a real threat when both are fully up and running after a few games.

I was dead in line with the shot for the goal and thought he just put it in the one place it could sneak in - between Bettinelli's legs. Thought that was a bit unlucky, but then we were also lucky not to be 3 down at half time. Johansen and KMac were just bypassed in the first half, but were better in the second and I'm confident both will come good again.

There was a lot of hoofing the ball away and KMac was repeatedly furious with people not playing simple balls and retaining possession. There were some good moments of 'Slavball' where we pinged it around nicely, but not enough of them.

The second half was much better and we had them on the back foot a fair bit, although the defence continued to creak and Bryan made umpteen saving tackles.

It wasn't a great start to the season, but the second half gives me hope - got to stay positive!

The Rock

Positive = The Khans know where we stand. Barnsley beat us and pretty easily and they were poor and missed quite a few chances. It wasn't 5-0. It was 1-0 thank goodness. The Khans are hard at work:

A: bringing in a quarterback
B: having a BBQ
C: talking to Mike Ashely asking him why they are failures while Ashley spends 1/3 of the money and is a PL owner.
D. All of the above.

mcbride5912

Bryan was the bright spark for me, even if he did get himself into trouble he recovered most of the time except for the goal.

However, he showed a touch of class at the end and held up his hands to the crowd and said "my fault" as he was walking back to the tunnel.

Milo

Seems odd Johansen would be so important to our season when we went up, excellent for West Brom last season, then completely useless this season. He will improve!

Macdonald similar I would imagine.

Bad day at the office?

Agree with above that Bryan was very good throughout with this tackles but was at fault for goal. Continues to improve and will be Prem quality soon.

Knockeart and Cav to start, AK off the bench. Thought Cav had some very smart passes and seems a very good set piece taker.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: grandad on August 03, 2019, 06:28:22 PM
Only positive from me is that positively McDonald & Johansen should hang up their boots. Forger 2 seasons ago they are now not up to it. Our MF was out played by a mix & match Barnsley side who at least played with a passion & thoroughly deserved to beat our prima donnas.

Why would KMac and Johansen be up for it when they know they'll be replaced with TKs 20m failures if we're promoted? It's a big mistake to build our midfield around players we never gave a fair chance in the Premier League IMO. They should perform like professionals of course but I really can't see them fighting like they did in our promotion season. Even with the best intentions I fear they won't be mentally up for it a second time.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Milo on August 04, 2019, 12:30:58 AM
Seems odd Johansen would be so important to our season when we went up, excellent for West Brom last season, then completely useless this season. He will improve!

Macdonald similar I would imagine.

Bad day at the office?

Agree with above that Bryan was very good throughout with this tackles but was at fault for goal. Continues to improve and will be Prem quality soon.

Knockeart and Cav to start, AK off the bench. Thought Cav had some very smart passes and seems a very good set piece taker.

Johansen played terrible in premier league last season, statistically the worst player in the premier league out of 374 used as much as him. Many Fulham fans were too busy and distracted blaming Tony Khan to realise that other aspect of the club were having problems. The trouble with a scapegoat is all other problems apart from the scapegoat get ignored, which seems to be the case as TK was far from the only problem.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Betts got conned by Thomas, as did the rest of the defense and us watching.
They all thought he was going to pass across but quick thinking changed his
mind and caught the lot of us by surprise
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES