more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Positives for today

Started by AnOldBrownie, August 03, 2019, 05:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

Quote from: filham on August 04, 2019, 11:07:19 AM
Just watched the extended highlights with GJ commentary and feel much better.
We were not that bad, in fact lots of promise, Kamara is going to frighten a good few defences and Mitrovic needs to find his shooting boots.
Confident now that we should take three points of Blackburn.

Got to disagree I'm afraid. We could have been 2 or 3 nil down at half time. I recall them missing at least 1 absolute sitter & a couple of other really good chances. If we'd lost 4-0 it wouldn't have flattered them. In fact, one positive is, we only lost 1-0. We created next to nothing.

I don't think we'll be fighting relegation & won't jump to silly predictions after one game, (Newcastle lost to us first game of the season they were comfortably promoted), but yesterday was pretty poor.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: SG on August 04, 2019, 07:14:31 AM
Haven't seen one minute of the game yet but worried if according to some this is the kick up the jacksie we need. These are professional footballers in the first game of the season. If we need a kick up the jacksie at this stage of the season there is something fundamentally wrong at our club and with the team and management

I agree. They shouldn't need it.

Almost looked sorry for themselves in the first half.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

I Ronic

Quote from: Artful Dodger on August 03, 2019, 05:51:36 PM
Positives..... we're only 3 points off the play offs!

:plus one:  :wine:

Jim©

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 04, 2019, 07:17:12 PM
If we'd lost 4-0 it wouldn't have flattered them. 

They only had 4 shots on target. I wonder what some people watch some times.
The truth now that the dust has settled is that we had chances, as many as them. We looked un energetic compared to them, but got kicked all over the park (with no protection from the ref).
That's what confidence does, Barnsley not lost at home for a year v Fulham who won very few games last season.

One game down, 45 to go....

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Jim© on August 05, 2019, 09:37:58 AM

The truth now that the dust has settled is that we had chances, as many as them. We looked un energetic compared to them, but got kicked all over the park (with no protection from the ref).
That's what confidence does, Barnsley not lost at home for a year v Fulham who won very few games last season.

They were very fair in their tackling. No issue with their style of play, we were woeful and they were up for it.

They had 3 clear cut chances, we had 1.

Tabby

I thought Mawson did pretty well. The main problem was their CM running circles around ours. Hopefully the rumoured Onomah and Arter will be able to help bringing some energy in there.

Fulham76

Quote from: Jim© on August 05, 2019, 09:37:58 AM

4 shots on target but 2-3 of their off target attempts they should have done better. Like I said, they missed 1 absolute sitter, missed the target but I don't know how.

As for the 'kicked all over the park' comment, that didn't happen.

Can't stand that ridiculous argument/whinge over & over & over again. As if the referees association, FA, premier league, pretty much every is out to get us - highly unlikely.

LittleErn

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on August 04, 2019, 01:19:28 AM
Quote from: grandad on August 03, 2019, 06:28:22 PM
Only positive from me is that positively McDonald & Johansen should hang up their boots. Forger 2 seasons ago they are now not up to it. Our MF was out played by a mix & match Barnsley side who at least played with a passion & thoroughly deserved to beat our prima donnas.

Why would KMac and Johansen be up for it when they know they'll be replaced with TKs 20m failures if we're promoted? It's a big mistake to build our midfield around players we never gave a fair chance in the Premier League IMO. They should perform like professionals of course but I really can't see them fighting like they did in our promotion season. Even with the best intentions I fear they won't be mentally up for it a second time.

+1