https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Positives for today

Started by AnOldBrownie, August 03, 2019, 05:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 04, 2019, 01:20:06 AM
Quote from: Milo on August 04, 2019, 12:30:58 AM
Seems odd Johansen would be so important to our season when we went up, excellent for West Brom last season, then completely useless this season. He will improve!

Macdonald similar I would imagine.

Bad day at the office?

Agree with above that Bryan was very good throughout with this tackles but was at fault for goal. Continues to improve and will be Prem quality soon.

Knockeart and Cav to start, AK off the bench. Thought Cav had some very smart passes and seems a very good set piece taker.

Johansen played terrible in premier league last season, statistically the worst player in the premier league out of 374 used as much as him. Many Fulham fans were too busy and distracted blaming Tony Khan to realise that other aspect of the club were having problems. The trouble with a scapegoat is all other problems apart from the scapegoat get ignored, which seems to be the case as TK was far from the only problem.

Johansen was in only 4 times in our starting 11 in a very poor team so those stats are somewhere between misleading and worthless IMO.

Lyle from Hangeland

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Skatzoffc on August 03, 2019, 06:39:55 PM
Calm down, Calm down.

Thought we'd get beat today as they would be up for it and we are notoriously slow starters.

Long way to go but we need a decent CB to start ahead of MLM and I believe we should try Steve Sess instead of  Christie.
MLM and Christie are both 2nd string players imo.

Midfield need a kick up the proverbial, but hopefully that bloody nose will do the job nicely.

COYW!

So it was Christie's fault we lost was it.
Didn't think he was on the park when they scored.
As for S Sess 3 managers now haven't played him,is that maybe to do with he might not be good enough.

SG

Haven't seen one minute of the game yet but worried if according to some this is the kick up the jacksie we need. These are professional footballers in the first game of the season. If we need a kick up the jacksie at this stage of the season there is something fundamentally wrong at our club and with the team and management

Mince n Tatties

Maybe Danny Murphy is correct in saying
that certain Fulham players lack passion.

hovewhite

Well no positives really when it's the first game of a new season,Stefan was poor,Kev Mac not much better, goalkeeper wise poor goal to concede,Mitros fire doused.reasons to be cheerful!

SuffolkWhite

10 games in and we will have a good idea where we are with SP tactics tesm gelling and if the team are good enough.

As much as I love Fulham it is a game at the end of the day. I enjoy going and if we win then even better but we aint the Man U of the south!
Roll on the next game.
COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bobby01

As some of us were saying long before the season started the midfield three are not good enough. Kmac and stefjo no longer have the legs to play like they did two years ago. Cairney cannot handle teams that press him, he becomes anonymous. The result is extra pressure on the back line, still, and nothing for the front players to work with.
We seem to be set now on this 433 system with the amount of wide men we have but if cav ak and Knockaert are going to play wide then there is no space for overlapping fullbacks..
I really feel we need 2 creative players in the middle even if it means going 442 and the second front man playing a loose role, not static up top.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Fulham Tup North

Positives..... We're still in the Caraboo Cup!! 👍🤣
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 04, 2019, 07:01:06 AM
Calm down, Calm down.

Thought we'd get beat today as they would be up for it and we are notoriously slow starters.

Long way to go but we need a decent CB to start ahead of MLM and I believe we should try Steve Sess instead of  Christie.

Midfield need a kick up the proverbial, but hopefully that bloody nose will do the job nicely.

COYW!

As for S Sess 3 managers now haven't played him,is that maybe to do with he might not be good enough.

As an out spoke critic of Christie, I must say, he looked good when he came on. Woeful in final third with some poor balls into box but otherwise dominate. Only fair to praise if I'm willing to criticise.

filham

Just watched the extended highlights with GJ commentary and feel much better.
We were not that bad, in fact lots of promise, Kamara is going to frighten a good few defences and Mitrovic needs to find his shooting boots.
Confident now that we should take three points of Blackburn.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: filham on August 04, 2019, 11:07:19 AM
Just watched the extended highlights with GJ commentary and feel much better.
We were not that bad, in fact lots of promise, Kamara is going to frighten a good few defences and Mitrovic needs to find his shooting boots.
Confident now that we should take three points of Blackburn.

I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that we were not that bad.

One of the worst performances I've seen.

Lighthouse

We had chances and we let in a school boy goal at the near post. Both the defence and the keeper were woeful for the goal. On saying that we were bullied and pressurised and looked unable to react against possibly the worst team we will meet this season. 

The problems we have we all know we have.  We all know what we need in positions strengthening.  Positives is we are always going to be kicked off the park by workmanlike sides.  We need a better response to this on the pitch. We do sometimes look as if we are uncomfortable when teams don't allow us plenty of space and time to play. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Skatzoffc

Calm down, Calm down.

COYW!

Calm down Mince.
At no point have I said it was Christie's fault.
Keep it civil.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Skatzoffc on August 04, 2019, 04:25:55 PM
Calm down, Calm down.

COYW!

Calm down Mince.
At no point have I said it was Christie's fault.
Keep it civil.

Civil....Hello😵

Chutney

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 03, 2019, 05:23:47 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on August 03, 2019, 05:21:39 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 03, 2019, 05:17:03 PM
Joe Bryan looked good.

Knock looked good.

Kits looked good.

Cardiff lost too.

That's all I got.

Not a big fan of Bryan today. At big fault for the goal (with MLM), and very suspect positioning, which he thankfully saved with several good last minute blocks. Average at best going forward.

Liked Knockeart's sub appearance. Mawson is healthy and had a decent game. Odoi also decent. Ayité lively, and TC fairly good second half (but bad first half). Kamara was Kamara (for good and bad) and I don't think anyone enjoys defending against him.

Bryan was our best player for me. Yes he made a bad error but he got lots of tackles in, including an excellent last ditch tackle. Betts shouldn't have been beaten at his near post.

I thought Bryan was awful, the fact he has to make so many last ditch tackles is owing to his awful positioning. I can't remember who the defender was but the saying was "if i have to make a tackle I have already failed". Bryan made 2 interceptions according to opta, he needs to use his brain more.
C O Y W

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: Chutney on August 04, 2019, 05:43:09 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 03, 2019, 05:23:47 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on August 03, 2019, 05:21:39 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 03, 2019, 05:17:03 PM
Joe Bryan looked good.

Knock looked good.

Kits looked good.

Cardiff lost too.

That's all I got.

Not a big fan of Bryan today. At big fault for the goal (with MLM), and very suspect positioning, which he thankfully saved with several good last minute blocks. Average at best going forward.

Liked Knockeart's sub appearance. Mawson is healthy and had a decent game. Odoi also decent. Ayité lively, and TC fairly good second half (but bad first half). Kamara was Kamara (for good and bad) and I don't think anyone enjoys defending against him.

Bryan was our best player for me. Yes he made a bad error but he got lots of tackles in, including an excellent last ditch tackle. Betts shouldn't have been beaten at his near post.

I thought Bryan was awful, the fact he has to make so many last ditch tackles is owing to his awful positioning. I can't remember who the defender was but the saying was "if i have to make a tackle I have already failed". Bryan made 2 interceptions according to opta, he needs to use his brain more.

Paolo Maldini!

absenteeism

Joe Bryan is a shocking player. He was terrible last season and he was terrible yesterday.

He has no defensive qualities.

The same goes for Christie on the right side.

Marchand is a terrible player too.

Betts and Mawson are the only solid defenders we have.

It's no wonder that our defence is so terrible.

@jolslover

I thought Bryan was good yesterday
STH H3

Number Six

Quote from: @jolslover on August 04, 2019, 07:04:11 PM
I thought Bryan was good yesterday

Agree. Lots of strong tackles.

Goal aside of course.. where he should've shown his man out wide and bought time for his defenders to catch up instead of falling over.