more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan interview

Started by Fernhurst, August 12, 2019, 08:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 12, 2019, 09:55:08 PM
Fernhurst, I'm with you on this 100% but some posters are just beyond reasoning with.

If the 'quack' really thinks we'd be better off without TK then he must have forgotten to take his meds.

Such a sweeping statement without qualification fails to acknowledge that it would firstly depend on whom he's replaced by. And then there are other considerations to factor in to such a debate but we ain't winning this argument so I give up.

Good luck if you want to pick up the baton 🤣

Hatch, have you read the thread? I've said nothing of the sort. Someone posed that removing TK would mean SK would leave the club - I've said that it wouldn't, and if it did, he wouldn't be the right kind of owner for Fulham.

Reading comprehension isn't fantastic on here is it? Everyone seems so entrenched in their own little views they don't actually read what has been said.

Perhaps read the thread, have another go, and when you're done come back and apologise.

Hatch007

Funny that people are saying TK out !    Basically that would mean the money goes away and we would probably go bust...
[/quote]

1. I don't believe Shahid Khan would do that.
2. If he did, then frankly we would be better off.

I've read it again.

Am I mistaken or are you not saying above that even though you think it unlikely, we'd be better off if TK left. That's how I interpret your comment in point 2.

I apologise if I've misinterpreted your point but stand by my response if I understood correctly

Roberty

Quote from: ALG01 on August 12, 2019, 07:02:49 PM
Quote from: Roberty on August 12, 2019, 05:47:50 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on August 12, 2019, 05:38:19 PM
having pieced together what TK said.
Levy stitched us up with a late agreement. we all know what levy is like so that should not have been an unforeseen issue
we got a few really good signings this window, but somehow did not manage to get a defender because of Spurs... do me a favour that is delusional of a serial failure as DoF.
In business you are judged purely on results and in that capacity TK should have been removed from post a long time ago. I repeat what I have said over and over and will continue to say, the man would not get a job at any proper professional football club. That much remains the case today and we would be well rid of him despite a better transfer window this time because we are still playing russian roulette because of his failed methods and thinking.
that is not being negative it is merely stating cold hard facts.

Not hard cold fact - just pushing your opinion - yet again - which of course you are entitled to do

well he has blamed spurs for our inability to get a defender or two, that is fact.
he has repeatedly failed, that is fact

getting him to take a side step for the betterment of the team is opinion based on the first three facts.
I did not think it needed spelling out.

and by the way, who else's opinion do i need to push, should I tow the party line. Did you know that inside the stadium and in the cafe before the game and in the concourse, the majority of [people I hear speaking share my view or a very close approximation to it. Just on this MB can you find so many people willing to put up with whatever dross is offered.

so for the good of us all i will continue to speak up. Things could be so much better.
he would not get a job elsewhere, that is fact
It's one fact and one opinion not three facts

Can I take it you would have preferred to give in to Levy and accept less money for RS to get the deal over the line and have time to buy Hector? If so how much less would you have agreed to? You said TK should have known how Levy negotiates and have foreseen the issue of a late deal - TK did - his counter was not to get into FFP problems until the deal was over the line and that forced Levy's hand.

In my opinion Hector is not an upgrade on what we have - he is same-as at best and in my opinion was more likely to be on the bench than a starter - so when you add his fee to the loss you would accept on the RS fee we will have paid the earth for an average CB - in my opinion that was not a bright thing for TK to have done

I did say that you were entitled to your opinion - that is a fact
I don't doubt others agree with you and they're are entitled to do so

As to TK's job prospects - he's not likely to need to apply for one unless America no longer wants to buy car bumpers from his Dad - so again it is not a fact but an opinion that you're entitled to have

Everything written above is my opinion and of course I don't expect anyone to agree with it
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ealex40

Quote from: grandad on August 12, 2019, 09:19:47 AM
Sarah is the best interviewer we have ever had. We have missed her over the last couple of years.

:plus one:

Roberty

Quote from: absenteeism on August 12, 2019, 08:11:17 PM
Is Brookes officially back with the club?
If you look at her twitter account - she seems to have a season ticket in the Hammy end - says "new season new view"
https://twitter.com/sarahbrookes1?lang=en
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 12, 2019, 10:19:53 PM
Funny that people are saying TK out !    Basically that would mean the money goes away and we would probably go bust...

I've read it again.

Am I mistaken or are you not saying above that even though you think it unlikely, we'd be better off if TK left. That's how I interpret your comment in point 2.

I apologise if I've misinterpreted your point but stand by my response if I understood correctly
[/quote]

No! As said over and over - the point is that if SK was the type of man to leave the club in the lurch if his son was unsuccessful, then I would say he was never the right man to own us in the first place, and we'd be better off in the long run.

And it is all just a hypothetical nonsense the hystericals pull out on occasion. I've said this numerous times!

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 12, 2019, 01:18:26 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on August 12, 2019, 01:13:10 PM
Quote from: Dr Quinzel on August 12, 2019, 01:11:33 PM
Quote from: Robbie on August 12, 2019, 12:48:10 PM

Be very careful what you wish for.

Not wishing for it - just saying, if the owner would rather sell than remove his son if things came down to it, is that the owner we really want? It's a hypothetical nonsense regardless, as I don't have any belief SK is that kind of man, but it's often spouted that it could be the case.

@ Hatch and Fenhurst - this should make things clear.

ealex40

Quote from: colinwhite on August 12, 2019, 11:31:50 AM
Quote from: Ordar on August 12, 2019, 11:29:40 AM
Are people seriously complaining about paying £5 a month, or £45 per year for the FFTV service.... wow.... Thats the price of 1 beer a month. People need to get a grip.

Basically every single club in the country has the same sort of service, didnt they say when it was introduced that it was a mandatory fee from the EFL?

Totally agree

And how many DOF do you hear about doing these interviews? Basically zero. Whether the transfer policy has gone well or not is fine to be argued. But the Khans have put in miles more money into the club for stadium renovation, and the playing squad than any other owners that we've ever had. They're being responsible with FFP, and it was good to hear that he played hard ball with Levy

I would love to see an interview with Levy, explaining how he tends to screw every club he deals with.

e4b

Seems like the good Dr wants to get more posts on his thoughts than TK and his interview.

Fernhurst

Apologise:
How demeaning, you have no requirement or the ability to question someone's comprehension. It is patently obvious to the majority on FOF your motivation.

Sorry, Hatch will not picking up the baton. We have suffered with characters like Dr Quinzel before on this MB. Not really well rounded and on here day and night. Ignoring is the favourite choice of most because reasoned argument will be met with an avalanche of plagiarised comments used on all sorts of MB's.

So it's goodnight from him and goodbye from me

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Sting of the North

Quote from: e4b on August 12, 2019, 10:43:15 PM
Seems like the good Dr wants to get more posts on his thoughts than TK and his interview.

I think it mostly seem like he tries to explain what he actually plainly wrote the first time because a couple of posters fail to read it properly despite numerous opportunities. That is surely not his fault.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 12, 2019, 10:48:14 PM
Apologise:
How demeaning, you have no requirement or the ability to question someone's comprehension. It is patently obvious to the majority on FOF your motivation.

Sorry, Hatch will not picking up the baton. We have suffered with characters like Dr Quinzel before on this MB. Not really well rounded and on here day and night. Ignoring is the favourite choice of most because reasoned argument will be met with an avalanche of plagiarised comments used on all sorts of MB's.

So it's goodnight from him and goodbye from me

Don't worry - rather than admit you misread and misunderstood you've chosen to attack. A perfectly normal reaction. I won't take it personally.

Rest well.

Twig

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 12, 2019, 09:55:08 PM
Fernhurst, I'm with you on this 100% but some posters are just beyond reasoning with.

If the 'quack' really thinks we'd be better off without TK then he must have forgotten to take his meds.

Such a sweeping statement without qualification fails to acknowledge that it would firstly depend on whom he's replaced by. And then there are other considerations to factor in to such a debate but we ain't winning this argument so I give up.

Good luck if you want to pick up the baton 🤣

But he didn't say that did he?

love4ffc

Agree that this video should not be behind a pay wall.  This is one of those videos that should be available for all FFC fans to watch.  Not just those who can afford FFCtv. 

Personally, I thought this was a good interview for TK and I personally appreciate that he explained how this last window came to be.  I do like everything he said and strongly wish he had brought in another CB/LB.  Other then that I think he did a pretty good job in strengthening the first team. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Texas White

Quote from: bod on August 12, 2019, 07:43:22 PM
I've been a faithful for 45 years and I now live in the north and spend time in Texas with family. So I don't get to see many matches but I do pay for ffctv to listen to Jim/Jamie. However, I do understand that for match regulars and sth's paying to listen to TK is unnecessary.
As for the TK interview, I appreciated that he wanted to explain to us how he and the team approached the transfer window and how he valued the squad. He wants to be valued by the supporters and this was part of his attempt at achieving that. He is learning and improving so cut him some slack.
Yes he did ramble a bit, but this was typically American in my experience. But he did cover most pressing matters. I, for one, am excited about this season and lock-in forward to some success with a good squad.
Let's be 'supporters' and get behind the management- we are in the same team! YOYW

I think it's a good effort. The proof is in the season. Only forward is important.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: love4ffc on August 12, 2019, 11:04:35 PM
Agree that this video should not be behind a pay wall.  This is one of those videos that should be available for all FFC fans to watch.  Not just those who can afford FFCtv. 

Personally, I thought this was a good interview for TK and I personally appreciate that he explained how this last window came to be.  I do like everything he said and strongly wish he had brought in another CB/LB.  Other then that I think he did a pretty good job in strengthening the first team. 

I'll agree with all of that.
Very good editing, it looked and sounded like the whole thing was done in one take  :0)
Apart from the lighting, but that is a small and irrelevant point.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

The Rational Fan

If we didn't pay one player (eg RCB) for both halfs of the season, then we can pay two players for the second half of the season. Remember, the second half of the season includes the playoffs and if we get promoted with two new defenders it's better than one defender.

toshes mate

TK has all the latitude in the world and not only because his dad owns the whole show with him. 

He can choose when he talks, how he talks, and who his chosen audience is.  It is the last point that is most significant.  Anyone who talks fast is addressing themselves to people with the sole aim of selling something be it themselves, a product, or both – it is the classic salesperson technique.  And so is Tony guilty of ignoring and/or disrespecting of all those who would like to hear him talk slowly and sensibly about his role at FFC?   We are not all gullible young folk.   We are not all hero worshippers who will pay money just to be a part of a cult.   The cult was already there long before he came along.

Is he addressing those with disposable incomes that'll hook to FFCTV and perhaps buy the live streams or, if possible, attend games?  If so then that's an advert behind a paywall which ignores all those who absolutely have contributed to FFC already but choose not to buy FFCTV and he is simply talking up himself and encouraging you to buy into his product.

I am not ashamed to say that I really object to what I believe is TK's patent disrespectful attitude to large numbers of FFC followers.

Holders

Quote from: love4ffc on August 12, 2019, 11:04:35 PM

I agree with this.

Credit where it's due, this is the sort of communication that I think we should be getting. I take as I find and I think that the bloke tried to explain things clearly - without actually naming Kevin Hector. Won't he be a bit old by January, though?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

The Rational Fan

Quote from: toshes mate on August 13, 2019, 08:54:05 AM
TK has all the latitude in the world and not only because his dad owns the whole show with him. 

He can choose when he talks, how he talks, and who his chosen audience is.  It is the last point that is most significant.  Anyone who talks fast is addressing themselves to people with the sole aim of selling something be it themselves, a product, or both – it is the classic salesperson technique.  And so is Tony guilty of ignoring and/or disrespecting of all those who would like to hear him talk slowly and sensibly about his role at FFC?   We are not all gullible young folk.   We are not all hero worshippers who will pay money just to be a part of a cult.   The cult was already there long before he came along.

Is he addressing those with disposable incomes that'll hook to FFCTV and perhaps buy the live streams or, if possible, attend games?  If so then that's an advert behind a paywall which ignores all those who absolutely have contributed to FFC already but choose not to buy FFCTV and he is simply talking up himself and encouraging you to buy into his product.

I am not ashamed to say that I really object to what I believe is TK's patent disrespectful attitude to large numbers of FFC followers.

For publically listed clubs (like Arsenal and Celtic) "investor information" cannot be behind a paywall (such as information given by the owner, co-owner, ceo or chief financial officer), while all "customer entertainment" can be behind a paywall (such as interviews with players, games and photos).

It is clear supporters consider themselves part investors in the club, even though legally at Fulham the supporters (apart from the Khans) aren't investors, I think the club should treat all supporters as entitled to receive all publically available "investor information". So anything that involves where the club is INVESTING should be public and anything that is ENTERTAINMENT can be behind a paywall.