watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goodbye Floyd...

Started by Maidstone Lee, September 02, 2019, 04:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Ayite served us well, always worked hard but was not now going to command a regular team place and Kamra was in front of him as the attacking impact sub.
Wish him well.

hovewhite

Great human being and a 100% team player and we all will miss him.good luck Floyd.

bobby01

Quote from: KJS on September 02, 2019, 06:10:08 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on September 02, 2019, 06:03:56 PM
Quote from: HV71 on September 02, 2019, 04:30:32 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on September 02, 2019, 04:27:51 PM
Did a smashing job for FFC for a while.

Good luck for the rest of your football life Floyd.

+1
Good chap - wouldn't let you down and would put a shift in
Agree with that.

:plus one: Me too loved Floyd's approach never heard him moan about not playing and never let us down,

Good luck Floyd  :54:

And me all the best Floyd
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Lyle from Hangeland

Great move by the club and by Floyd. Love you Floyd! Kick ass in Turkey!

Southcoastffc

Did very well for us and I wish him every success for the future.  However, I don't see it as any more of a 'mistake' than letting Sone Aluko go a couple of seasons ago.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Statto

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 02, 2019, 09:04:45 PM
Did very well for us and I wish him every success for the future.  However, I don't see it as any more of a 'mistake' than letting Sone Aluko go a couple of seasons ago.

Didn't we get something like £7m for Aluko?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on September 02, 2019, 05:10:17 PM
Quote from: Maidstone Lee on September 02, 2019, 04:18:44 PM
...still think he's better then Kamara & definitely Kebano.

Agree, questionable move

Kamara is a rare talent who might score every time he traps the ball from outside the penalty area.

Finnans Right Peg

Twig

Floyd was our best back up wide player so I am sorry to see him go. Would have preferred that we let Kamara go as I just don't think he has the footballing ability and brain to match his pace and strength.
I wish Floyd all the best, he was a decent player for us.

Facts Not Fiction

Far superior footballer to Kamara. Sold the wrong forward.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 02, 2019, 10:10:27 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 02, 2019, 05:10:17 PM
Quote from: Maidstone Lee on September 02, 2019, 04:18:44 PM
...still think he's better then Kamara & definitely Kebano.

Agree, questionable move

Kamara is a rare talent who might score every time he traps the ball from outside the penalty area.

Kamara couldn't trap a bag of cement.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeTheCubed

In League games for Fulham:

Player |Minutes Per Goal |Minutes Per Assist
Ayite294412
Kebano257386
Kamara200667

*Kamara played the most minutes in the Premier League

Andy S

Thanks Floyd and good luck for the future

Whitesideup

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on September 02, 2019, 11:25:59 PM

Ayite294412
Kebano257386
Kamara200667

For me, meaningless stats. I'm not even too sure what these are supposed to show.

How many good runs when he didn't get the pass he wanted? How much good defensive work?

I liked Ayite. Sorry he wasn't appreciated by the coaching staff. Sorry to see him go.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Whitesideup on September 03, 2019, 12:08:19 AM
Quote from: MikeTheCubed on September 02, 2019, 11:25:59 PM

Ayite294412
Kebano257386
Kamara200667

For me, meaningless stats.

How many good runs when he didn't get the pass he wanted? How much good defensive work?

Sure stats can be misleading and don't tell the whole story, I wouldn't disagree that Ayite had a better off-the-ball work rate and this is probably why Slavisa preferred to select him.

Quote from: Whitesideup on September 03, 2019, 12:08:19 AM
I'm not even too sure what these are supposed to show.

The numbers show that on average Ayite has required to play a larger amount of minutes in order to score a goal when compared to both Kebano and Kamara, and a larger amount of minutes in order to provide an assist when compared to Kebano (the opposite is true with Kamara).

The Rational Fan

I dare say, the statistic that mattered most was their ages (and injuries): Kamara 24 yo, Kebano 27 yo and Ayite 30 yo.

hovewhite

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 03, 2019, 04:02:26 AM
I dare say, the statistic that mattered most was their ages (and injuries): Kamara 24 yo, Kebano 27 yo and Ayite 30 yo.
age and time injured was the reason TK let him go .

Tabby

Good player but often a sick note and probably doesn't want to play out the end of his career playing second or third fiddle on the bench.

Also probably the worst finisher of our wingers in recent years after Aluko. He could have had so many goals than he had the shooting boots of Piazon or Sess. But you have to give him credit for getting into good areas.

howitis

Share the sentiment re Kamara. We sold the wrong guy. Can only think it's a football decision based on injuries and not talent/performance

Statto

Quote from: Tabby on September 03, 2019, 09:32:01 AM
Also probably the worst finisher of our wingers in recent years after Aluko.

Not just a better finisher than Aluko but also a better finisher than Kebano, Kamara and Ojo. So basically all the wingers we had in the Jokanovic Championship era except Sessegnon. IMO the best finishers we had in that era were Mitrovic, Sessegnon, Cairney, Ayite and (hate to admit it) Martin. No one outside those five would have scored the Villa half-way-line goal.