Should Parker go?

Yes
37 (50%)
No
37 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 03, 2019, 08:43:03 PM
Preston fans wanted Neil out as they struggled at this stage last season,the club stuck by him.
Guess who's top of league tonight.

This stage next season, we'll have about 1/4 of the squad we have now.

BestOfBrede

Same people, same ridiculous reactions, everytime we lose, every season, every manager!
These are the moaning minnies that helped see the end of Slavisa!
They seem to think we should be a Man City or Liverpool
Always looking to find fault and never see anything positive - supporters? NAH not a loving chance!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on November 04, 2019, 09:40:14 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 03, 2019, 08:43:03 PM
Preston fans wanted Neil out as they struggled at this stage last season,the club stuck by him.
Guess who's top of league tonight.

This stage next season, we'll have about 1/4 of the squad we have now.

Spot On, our budget is quickly going to be slashed to pieces and we will still be looking for a better RBs, but soon we will only be able to afford RBs that are cheaper than Christie.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 04, 2019, 09:48:16 PM
Same people, same ridiculous reactions, everytime we lose, every season, every manager!
Always looking to find fault and never see anything positive - supporters? NAH not a flipping chance!

We've gained 5 points from out last 5 games, just lost 3-0 at home to Hull with 1 shot on target.

Logicalman

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on November 04, 2019, 10:57:17 PM
Always looking to find fault and never see anything positive - supporters? NAH not a flipping chance!

We've gained 5 points from out last 5 games, just lost 3-0 at home to Hull with 1 shot on target.

... with a GD equal to fourth place and 2 points outside the playoffs and in 8th place, and lost to a team who beat Forest (in 5th btw) in their last away outing. Doesn't exactly sound like all doom and gloom to me. Try putting the positives with the negatives and we see more of a balance.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Logicalman on November 05, 2019, 02:21:43 AM

... with a GD equal to fourth place and 2 points outside the playoffs and in 8th place, and lost to a team who beat Forest (in 5th btw) in their last away outing. Doesn't exactly sound like all doom and gloom to me. Try putting the positives with the negatives and we see more of a balance.

Take one look at Leeds remaining draw for the first half of the season (Hull, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Luton, Middlesbough & Reading), they could easily be on 49 points starting the game against us in Round 23. Even whose, I could easily see Leeds and WBA running away with the two automatic promotion spots for the last half of the season, especially if Leeds get a striker. Is Parker the right manager for the playoffs or next season?

toshes mate

And that is always the problem with a knee jerk reaction.  Is it ever justified other than in self defence?

Spirit of 2000

As I've said on another thread ... give Parker more time & the emerging pattern of teams/opposition managers sussing out how to counter us will increase when they look at how Stoke, Hull etc did it and the gap between us and the top will widen & widen until it's too late to bridge that gap even if a decent manager is brought in. Parker is tactically naïve & inept, plan A seems to be, we have better individual players than the opposition so if we have 75% of the ball then by default we'll surely win. If all doesn't go to plan then chuck loads of attacking players on at one time and make weird substitutions. MLM on when Bryan injured unfathomable, AK47 for Odoi??? Parker isn't going to suddenly work out what he's doing & it will all click. The only real difference between us , WBA & Leeds is Bilic & Bielsa vs Mr slow, deliberate, predictable Wilkins/Bracewell hybrid that is good old Scotty P ... yeah let's give him more time

Jim©

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 05, 2019, 08:45:24 AM
yeah let's give him more time

I agree, lets.
There is the makings of a very good side here, as we've seen on numerous occasions already this season. We've got some weaknesses, but teams that have spent £billion do too.
You say about him reacting to going behind by throwing on attacking players as if it's a BAD thing? I don't understand? You question him bringing on a LB at LB as if he's crazy? I don't understand.

Hull fans wanted their manager gone a few games back....

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Jim© on November 05, 2019, 09:26:52 AM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 05, 2019, 08:45:24 AM
yeah let's give him more time

I agree, lets.
There is the makings of a very good side here, as we've seen on numerous occasions already this season. We've got some weaknesses, but teams that have spent £billion do too.
You say about him reacting to going behind by throwing on attacking players as if it's a BAD thing? I don't understand? You question him bringing on a LB at LB as if he's crazy? I don't understand.

Hull fans wanted their manager gone a few games back....

MLM is a bad CB, a worse LB, surely Odoi to LB & Sess to RB - no?? His (Parkers) reaction with attacking players on is random and lacks, shape & tactical acumen. Other than that we're getting worse & teams are sussing us out - not only negating us but finding us not too tricky to beat & I mean the likes of Hull & Stoke who aren't actually good sides - and if they're doing a job on us, God help us over the next 8 fixtures. We have the makings of a good team as in components of good players in the squad, the trouble is Parker has no idea how to make them a cohesive team or get the best out of those players given their individual talents & attributes. Give Parker more time and our season will be over by January.

FFC1987

Ugh, defies logic really. We're now 8th, 5 points off top 4 after some absolutely winnable games and have 1 win from last 5 and your claiming a knee jerk? Moaning minnies didn't get Slav the sack, the performances and lack of points on the board did, plus the allure of having a premiership winning manager available. People can still be supportive but point out the obvious that we're doing really poorly considering the fixtures we've had thus far. Keep making the excuses and be happy that we might scrape into the lottery that is the playoffs but when this all happens, people like myself will come down like a tonne of bricks on you for saying the drivvle you have above when we're legitimately in decline.

Just for absolute perceptive on this, we've managed to increase the points gap from 4 teams to 5-7 points having had the following fixtures : Hull (h), Boro (a), Luton (h), Stoke (a) and Charlton (h). We've managed 6 wins from 15 games and haven't really had many of the top 6 oppo and our next 5 games are Birmingham (a), QPR (h) Derby (h) Swansea (a) Bristol (h). I for one don't see many wins from those fixtures unless we have a complete turnaround.

So no, everything isn't positive or rosy but we certainly aren't in a relegation battle but thats not the benchmark. Its top 2 and we're seemingly happy to fail on that aspect. But hey, be supportive everyone, happy energy will turn this side with Parker into league winners.

Spirit of 2000

>>Just for absolute perceptive on this, we've managed to increase the points gap from 4 teams to 5-7 points having had the following fixtures : Hull (h), Boro (a), Luton (h), Stoke (a) and Charlton (h). We've managed 6 wins from 15 games and haven't really had many of the top 6 oppo and our next 5 games are Birmingham (a), QPR (h) Derby (h) Swansea (a) Bristol (h). I for one don't see many wins from those fixtures unless we have a complete turnaround.<<

And for the next 8 add Brentford, Preston & Leeds to that list of games - we're getting worse, others have sussed out Parkers predictable style and unless he tries something a bit more radical than slow, slow, slower, sideways, backwards then it's not about to get better. Sack him before our season is done.

FFC1987

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 05, 2019, 10:18:54 AM
>>Just for absolute perceptive on this, we've managed to increase the points gap from 4 teams to 5-7 points having had the following fixtures : Hull (h), Boro (a), Luton (h), Stoke (a) and Charlton (h). We've managed 6 wins from 15 games and haven't really had many of the top 6 oppo and our next 5 games are Birmingham (a), QPR (h) Derby (h) Swansea (a) Bristol (h). I for one don't see many wins from those fixtures unless we have a complete turnaround.<<

And for the next 8 add Brentford, Preston & Leeds to that list of games - we're getting worse, others have sussed out Parkers predictable style and unless he tries something a bit more radical than slow, slow, slower, sideways, backwards then it's not about to get better. Sack him before our season is done.

I can also hear the retort 'you wait, it'll be fulhamish that we beat Swansea and Leeds and come up with the points there'. if that isn't enough, I believe Statto or MJG said we need something like 20 wins from our last remaining games to probably finish top 2, correct me if I'm wrong? If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about how badly we're failing, then theres no reasonable discussion to be had with you.

Classic94

To put things into perspective, we've probably played 120 minutes of good football so far this season - against Millwall and Reading. Parker's 'possession without purpose' tactics are failing the current squad which is easily capable of a top 2 finish. Most teams in the league would snap your hand off for the likes of Mitrovic, Cairney, Knockaert, Cavaleiro... and the owners have already stated that promotion is our goal. Make no mistake, if we lose to Birmingham then he's bang under pressure.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Classic94 on November 05, 2019, 10:30:31 AM
To put things into perspective, we've probably played 120 minutes of good football so far this season - against Millwall and Reading. Parker's 'possession without purpose' tactics are failing the current squad which is easily capable of a top 2 finish. Most teams in the league would snap your hand off for the likes of Mitrovic, Cairney, Knockaert, Cavaleiro... and the owners have already stated that promotion is our goal. Make no mistake, if we lose to Birmingham then he's bang under pressure.

Bang on the money - if we lose at Brum I 100% expect him to be gone - if the Khans are doing the sensible thing they'll be sourcing a proper fit for purpose replacement. The very average level of this division & fact the gap is thus far not too massive may allow us a chance to salvage promotion still .... but the longer Parker is given the less chance we'll have.

bill taylors apprentice

If he goes he will have been given a fair crack of the whip IMO.
He was on the coaching staff all last season, he had a trial period with no real pressure and should have used that time to evaluate what we needed.
He had time to build his backroom staff.
We had a good transfer window part from not getting that elusive, dominant CB and are relatively injury free.

It looks to me he has cut and pasted other coaches ideas onto his team with the current 'play it out from the keeper' & 'possession of the ball' tactics with little appreciation that there's more to winning than keeping the ball!

He was a wholehearted player who made the most of his ability but to play this style you have to be flexible as a player and team and innovate as a HC
He wasn't that as a player and it seems he's not that as a HC.

I was never convinced he was worth his salary as a FFC player and my doubts when he was appointed full time have not changed.

Spirit of 2000

I know it's only a small sample but the vote on this thread has 34 votes for Parker out now & 33 votes for giving Parker more time, obviously the supporter base is pretty split on the subject, but much of this is the fact that we are only 2 pts off 6th, lose at Brum and that gap start to widen over the coming run of 8 matches against very decent sides & that ratio will shift (as it will also naturally if we win at Birmingham & start beating the better sides in the division) - but supporter opinion & backing for the manager has always been key in that gaffer enduring or being replaced. Some may say that the Khans are stubborn but they also very clearly set their stall out for promotion this season - so the coming few games will be very telling, Parker very much in "must win/can't lose" territory.

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 10:21:57 AM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 05, 2019, 10:18:54 AM

I can also hear the retort 'you wait, it'll be fulhamish that we beat Swansea and Leeds and come up with the points there'. if that isn't enough, I believe Statto or MJG said we need something like 20 wins from our last remaining games to probably finish top 2, correct me if I'm wrong? If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about how badly we're failing, then theres no reasonable discussion to be had with you.
yes I said the 20 figure. There is no team that's finished in top two for last six seasons that has not won 26 or more. So we need at least 20 wins in last 31 games with maybe 5 draws as well.
Just the views of a long term fan

Logicalman

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 05, 2019, 04:27:42 AM

Take one look at Leeds remaining draw for the first half of the season (Hull, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Luton, Middlesbough & Reading), they could easily be on 49 points starting the game against us in Round 23. Even whose, I could easily see Leeds and WBA running away with the two automatic promotion spots for the last half of the season, especially if Leeds get a striker. Is Parker the right manager for the playoffs or next season?

If SP can get us into the PlayOffs, then there is no reason to doubt he can get us through them, wouldn't that be a way to look at it? It's all results driven.

I doubt, given the season up until now, that we are even looking at an automatic promotion place, but the playoffs are doable, and that provides two opportunities to advance upwards. I care less whether two other teams might run away into the top 2 slots if we aren't up to the task, I care solely whether we are one of those teams that covet the 3 promotion places.

I think it's pretty obvious the media hype about us being a shoe-in to go up was just that, hype, and I, for one, was not phased by that, as we all know on here, it is a rare thing to be a successful certainty when it come to promotion from the Championship.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

FFC1987

Quote from: Logicalman on November 05, 2019, 01:56:32 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 05, 2019, 04:27:42 AM

If SP can get us into the PlayOffs, then there is no reason to doubt he can get us through them, wouldn't that be a way to look at it? It's all results driven.

I doubt, given the season up until now, that we are even looking at an automatic promotion place, but the playoffs are doable, and that provides two opportunities to advance upwards. I care less whether two other teams might run away into the top 2 slots if we aren't up to the task, I care solely whether we are one of those teams that covet the 3 promotion places.

I think it's pretty obvious the media hype about us being a shoe-in to go up was just that, hype, and I, for one, was not phased by that, as we all know on here, it is a rare thing to be a successful certainty when it come to promotion from the Championship.

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment, currently, I have no faith we'd win the playoffs. We aren't consistent enough and seem too easily predictable.