watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Brom

Started by Spirit of 2000, November 04, 2019, 09:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Showing how to win at rubbish like Stoke with quick incisive attacking football... totally at odds with the garbage we play under Parker as they go 7 points ahead of us.

Fernhurst

30 points is a chasm to make up.
Very strong at the back, just what we hoped to be this season.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Facts Not Fiction

That is because of Bilic. The difference between having him and Parker, with squads that are similar in quality.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on November 04, 2019, 09:45:07 PM
That is because of Bilic. The difference between having him and Parker, with squads that are similar in quality.

Bilic has managed 366 games and Parker has managed 26 games, experience makes you a better manager.

Sorry to sound old fashioned, but unless you have actually done a job before you are generally not good at it.

I would love to see Scott Parker manage Fulham one day; say in 2025/26, when he has gained more experience.

Whitestone

Thought this post was about West Brom, not Scott Parker. West Brom are very average. I don't recall such a weak Championship. The league is wide open.

grandad

Not much to choose between the top 12 clubs. None of them including us look like being able to succeed in the PL.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Whitestone

Quote from: grandad on November 04, 2019, 10:08:07 PM
Not much to choose between the top 12 clubs. None of them including us look like being able to succeed in the PL.

Agree

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Luckily stoke haven't sacked their manager recently, cos that would prove those saying we should stick with Parker, wrong........oh wait!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: grandad on November 04, 2019, 10:08:07 PM

I'll be happy now to get intp the Premier League and get relegated again, hopefully to build a team that can then go up and stay up.

colinwhite

right ,the garbage we play saw us totally dominate them at the cottage where if we had taken our chances we would have won at a stroll. Only a mistake by our keeper gave them a point and Billic couldnt believe his luck !!

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: colinwhite on November 05, 2019, 05:44:43 AM
right ,the garbage we play saw us totally dominate them at the cottage where if we had taken our chances we would have won at a stroll. Only a mistake by our keeper gave them a point and Billic couldnt believe his luck !!

We had a home draw against them ultimately.  Yes we played decent but one goal with the amount of the game we had is synonymous with Fulham under Parker. The table doesn't lie and we sit 7 pts below WBA. We've only truly convincingly beaten 2 sides this season,  a very poor Reading and Millwall. Its no secret that as the season progresses more savvy managers are working out how to negate and beat us .... teams like the mighty Hull City for instance. West Brom and Fulham have closely matched squads, they have a massive advantage though in terms of their manager.

RaySmith

0001.jpeg

I do think it will really begin to click under Parker, and we will start scoring the goals, and dominating teams, in the way that our all attacking play,  and players, merits.
Just a bit of fine tuning needed.

SuffolkWhite

Yes we need more incisive football and to be clinical in front of goal, but individual errors have cost us this season and that includes tactics. But we need to give SP time just like we did with Joka.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Spirit of 2000

Alternatively the pattern of teams/opposition managers sussing out how to counter us will increase when they look at how Stoke, Hull etc did it and the gap between us and the top will widen & widen until it's too late to bridge that gap even if a decent manager is brought in. Parker is tactically naïve & inept, plan A seems to be, we have better individual players than the opposition so if we have 75% of the ball then by default we'll surely win. If all doesn't go to plan then chuck loads of attacking players on at one time and make weird substitutions. MLM on when Bryan injured unfathomable, AK47 for Odoi??? Parker isn't going to suddenly work out what he's doing & it will all click. The only real difference between us , WBA & Leeds is Bilic & Bielsa vs Mr slow, deliberate, predictable Wilkins/Bracewell hybrid that is good old Scotty P ... yeah let's give him more time!

toshes mate

Quote from: Whitestone on November 04, 2019, 10:02:28 PM
Thought this post was about West Brom, not Scott Parker. West Brom are very average. I don't recall such a weak Championship. The league is wide open.
+1, although I'd use the word competitive rather than weak.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: toshes mate on November 05, 2019, 08:41:38 AM
Quote from: Whitestone on November 04, 2019, 10:02:28 PM
+1, although I'd use the word competitive rather than weak.

Bang average I'd call it - and we will not have a better chance of promotion than this season. Give Parker longer and that chance will be gone.

Statto

I would be reassured by that if our performances since then had improved or even plateaued. The issue for me is trajectory - we seem to have got worse if anything, or at least, teams have got better at neutralising our threat

Luka

"We dominated them"...."If we had taken our chances" ..."one mistake cost us".......all sound like quotes from Parker.
Same old chat, no three points.

Maybe we all we need is a lucky manager !

Jim©

Quote from: RaySmith on November 05, 2019, 06:41:17 AM

0001.jpeg

I do think it will really begin to click under Parker, and we will start scoring the goals, and dominating teams, in the way that our all attacking play,  and players, merits.
Just a bit of fine tuning needed.

Unfortunately Ray, the vultures (online at least) are circling and don't want Parker to be given any time. I see the beginnings of a decent side.

Onto West Brom and I thought they were looking very average and heading for a nervy last 20 until Carter Vickers gave away one of the most blatant pens you'll ever see.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2019, 09:10:33 AM

I would be reassured by that if our performances since then had improved or even plateaued. The issue for me is trajectory - we seem to have got worse if anything, or at least, teams have got better at neutralising our threat

Exactly - the pattern is evident. Initially teams struggled to deal with the possession style and if we were more clinical in early games we would have racked up a few more points it's true. Then Millwall & Reading showed everyone exactly how NOT to set up against us, we now see poor to average sides like Stoke & Hull not only negating us but capitalising on our style to win & tactically completely out-do Parker.

Don't want to worry anyone but we STILL haven't beat any side in the top half and these sides with their better players & managers will be even better at dealing with Parkers only style / tactic of play. Our run of games to come reads Birmingham city (A), QPR (H), Derby (H), Swansea (A), Bristol C (H), Preston NE (A), Brentford (A), Leeds U (H) - I dread to think if we "Give Parker more time" where we'll be after that run of fixtures.