Oh no mah

Started by Finnans Right Peg, November 09, 2019, 07:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 30, 2019, 12:32:52 PM
He made the second goal with a very good interception

He made one outstanding tackle in the box to stop a shot

Lay off him, he isnt exactly Fotheringham

Correct, we should have kept him ......NOT!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Tabby on November 30, 2019, 12:28:36 PM
One of the main issues last night was how often he recieved the ball and then just had a Swansea player nick it off of him. I agree with that I don't really see what he brings, he is fairly clumsy at tackling, not a good passer and his technique is below par.

Would rather Parker gave a shot to O'Riley with all our injuries, but he seems to rate Onomah. Hopefully he can show why in the future since Parker will keep playing him, but I remain unconvinced.
I have to give  a +5 to this posting (5 star), we have signed players like him before and had similar conversations on this forum, sadly Onamah (at the moment) is in a category of overrated/under achieving/ what does he offer us etc. etc., while our team are still challenging for promotion or more likely the play offs SP is still giving him opportunities, so unless SP is a complete idiot or doesn´t want us to get promotion he must have seen something that Onomah can add to our squad..... and not just make up the number on the bench! It is now up to the player to show us what he is made of, I hope he is reading this!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

snarks

Quote from: MJG on November 30, 2019, 10:07:58 AM
Quote from: snarks on November 30, 2019, 09:47:03 AM
Looks like we're trying to find a scapegoat, he's not an automatic selection to start and nor should he be, but he can do a squad job and does
Not sure about that, general consensus is we are expecting more than we are seeing... You can correct me if thats wrong.... But hardly a scapegoat in a win, just mainly comments on how he played. In any game there will the 11th starter who is the 'worst' on the pitch. Doesn't mean they played badly, just out of the starters he was ranked 11th. Could win a game 10-0 and that would still be true.

I'm not saying you are, but this is the way it starts, it was like that with Ruiz, a bit like this with Christie too. It's the way it goes, "not sure he's good enough" "what does he bring" "he's lazy" there all there, he'll play we'll lose and it's because of him. The threads like this are how it starts.

millsy

No-one is looking for scapegoats. That's what you see when things are going wrong. That's hardly the case right now.

Can you not simply accept that posters are just offering their opinion on a player and expressing fear that management may be making an error of judgement, which could be costly to our promotion chances.

Time will tell if us critics are right, or if the coaches get performances out of him.

Matt10

Quote from: snarks on November 30, 2019, 09:00:49 PM
Looks like we're trying to find a scapegoat, he's not an automatic selection to start and nor should he be, but he can do a squad job and does
Not sure about that, general consensus is we are expecting more than we are seeing... You can correct me if thats wrong.... But hardly a scapegoat in a win, just mainly comments on how he played. In any game there will the 11th starter who is the 'worst' on the pitch. Doesn't mean they played badly, just out of the starters he was ranked 11th. Could win a game 10-0 and that would still be true.

I'm not saying you are, but this is the way it starts, it was like that with Ruiz, a bit like this with Christie too. It's the way it goes, "not sure he's good enough" "what does he bring" "he's lazy" there all there, he'll play we'll lose and it's because of him. The threads like this are how it starts.

Agree. We have a track record of judging fairly early and with less sample size to boot. Comments seem similar to when Zambo first came on the scene.

It's the nature of the beast though. He still has to prove himself to do the smaller things better, and we can build from there. Only 22-years old, the world is ahead of him, and I commend Parker for giving him chances. Hopefully he can build off of the momentum of playing a part in the goals.

AnOldBrownie

If he didn't have deficiencies he'd still be on Spurs.

We're 3rd in the table and have a lot of midfield injuries.  I'm ok with giving SP a month to coach him up.

Unlike with Zambo...I don't see a Championship midfielder in Josh. He has my support though and I hope he proves me wrong.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

fulhamben

ruiz was taken out of the team for months to try and get up to speed, and that's exactly what I'm suggesting we should do with josh. Loan him out till the end of the season to see what he's got
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: fulhamben on November 30, 2019, 10:01:24 PM

ruiz was taken out of the team for months to try and get up to speed, and that's exactly what I'm suggesting we should do with josh. Loan him out till the end of the season to see what he's got
But, surely, having made 48 loan appearances for Villa and Sheffield Wednesday in the last couple of seasons he should already be "oven ready".
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

WONKYTONKY

I watched his performance carefully and really wanted to defend him. I really can't. Other than his 2 decent contributions to the game he was a virtual passenger bordering on liability. I do however think it a bit early to judge him. He hasn't had the same game time in the team as anyone around him and the game time he's had has been in a couple of different roles. The other guys have had more opportunity to get into the way Parker's wanting them to play and used to each other's signals and movement within that set up. He'll get better. Kind of has to, there's not much worse from there.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 30, 2019, 09:58:56 PM
If he didn't have deficiencies he'd still be on Spurs.

We're 3rd in the table and have a lot of midfield injuries.  I'm ok with giving SP a month to coach him up.

Unlike with Zambo...I don't see a Championship midfielder in Josh. He has my support though and I hope he proves me wrong.

Spot On with the comment "If he didn't have deficiencies he'd still be on Spurs". Fulham has a half dozen premier league players, but Fulham cannot afford a squad of them.

Josh Onamah definitively is a Championship Player, a very useful player especially against bottom half sides as he better than most of them, although he is probably a little outclassed against better players like those at Swansea. We are playing him cause we have three midfielders injured and he is the best of the rest. Although once everyone is fit again, I think he needs a half dozen games in the u23 to improve his matchday form and regain his confidence.