watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Tottenham appoint Mourinho

Started by brightster, November 19, 2019, 07:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Well it will be interesting to watch the surly one perform under a chairman who historically may not give him a cheque book to use as a crutch, without the money to buy glory the surly one will Park the bus and bore the pants off of Tottenham Hotspur supporters, and the youth players might as well find another job. So If the sulky one is lucky, i give it no more than 365 days, if it's a leap year 366 days, but whenever the divorce happens it will all end in tears.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Ronnief

I'd only give him until the end of the transfer window in January.

Nero

Quote from: Carborundum on November 20, 2019, 11:17:11 AM
If the underlying problem is players not really wanting to play for the club, then we can expect Mourinho's arrival to lead to some interesting times, at least off the pitch.  Expect that he's going to ostracise one or two, so better to encourage waverers.

Will Sessegnon benefit?  Probably not.  Think back to how good Spurs were in the FA Cup against us two seasons ago.  That's how good Mourinho needs to get them.  Is Sess able to play at that level?  For all his qualities, seems doubtful.  He might get some early run outs, but long term I'd expect Mourinho to prefer someone more bruising.

He will at least teach Sess how to defend

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MJG on November 20, 2019, 07:30:47 AM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 20, 2019, 07:28:00 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 20, 2019, 05:31:45 AM
Quote from: Whitestone on November 19, 2019, 10:26:25 PM
Overrated, over hyped some on here say ? The guy took an un-fancied team to a Champions League Final. He may not have won anything but under his stewardship Spurs have been transformed into contenders. Bizarre decision which I think they'll regret, particularly if they go for Mourinho.

Unfancied team,the squad of players he's had under him,plenty of managers would have done the same and got them in top 4,imo.
Like I said 10 years in top flight football, won nothing.
Could easily prove me wrong in future, nearly always the case.

Would they though? I somehow doubt it. Not only did he do well with the squad but he improved every player and England have benefited. That being said results have dipped ever since he started getting itchy feet last season, so it was inevitable he'd leave soon.
Won 11 and lost 12 in 2019 in the league, not the record of a team that needs to be at the top. Can see why they sacked him.

He wanted to leave last year and but for the compensation charge would probably have left in the summer for Real. He's lost the dressing room and leaving is probably right, but it doesn't diminish his legacy.

Mince n Tatties

A couple of ex players saying on radio he orchestrated it himself, refusing to discuss tactics,and missing training...He wanted out.

Statto

Overrated, over hyped some on here say ? The guy took an un-fancied team to a Champions League Final. He may not have won anything but under his stewardship Spurs have been transformed into contenders. Bizarre decision which I think they'll regret, particularly if they go for Mourinho.

Define "contenders". Personally can't recall ever thinking they'd win the title in the last 5 yrs. Just seem to be in the group of also-rans with Arsenal, Leicester et al competing for the lower champions' league places (albeit Leicester, unlike Spurs, did actually win the title)

Logicalman

Quote from: Statto on November 20, 2019, 02:08:11 PM

Define "contenders". Personally can't recall ever thinking they'd win the title in the last 5 yrs. Just seem to be in the group of also-rans with Arsenal, Leicester et al competing for the lower champions' league places (albeit Leicester, unlike Spurs, did actually win the title)

I'd agree with this view, and also very over-hyped.

He had some great players there, and England have benefited from that, but even with the best squad in the world, unless the manager has the wherewithal to actually have them play together, then there is little chance of real success. 

One of my issues is that Levy was more concentrating last season on making sure the faucets were the right shape for his personal mausoleum, than the team itself, and that can easily put the manager off altogether, especially one that talked about how much he would achieve with the team, but failed to produce.

As for JM, I like him and I have done since before his 'special one' tag, he had Bobby Robson as his mentor back in his early days.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 20, 2019, 02:07:10 PM
A couple of ex players saying on radio he orchestrated it himself, refusing to discuss tactics,and missing training...He wanted out.

That doesn't surprise me. He wanted to leave last year but they priced him out of a move to Real.

Mince n Tatties

Apparently Brendan Rogers was first choice but turned them down.