Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2019/20

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 02, 2019, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: LVBPT on January 29, 2020, 04:55:35 PM
Quote from: sarnian on January 29, 2020, 04:43:40 PM
LVBPT any update on rumours. Seems very quiet at the moment

there was one deal that is now dead for someone from Holland yesterday. flight from NL to Farnborough was booked by FFC but there was a change in circumstance so its on the backburner for now. there is also a real strange one were looking at, a forward, that when i heard, i instantly didnt want. it will be a strange one if it happens.

Konstantinos Mitroglou is playing in the Netherlands these days.

LVBPTS

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 30, 2020, 10:00:53 AM
Quote from: LVBPT on January 29, 2020, 04:55:35 PM
Quote from: sarnian on January 29, 2020, 04:43:40 PM
LVBPT any update on rumours. Seems very quiet at the moment

there was one deal that is now dead for someone from Holland yesterday. flight from NL to Farnborough was booked by FFC but there was a change in circumstance so its on the backburner for now. there is also a real strange one were looking at, a forward, that when i heard, i instantly didnt want. it will be a strange one if it happens.

Konstantinos Mitroglou is playing in the Netherlands these days.

that may well be true.....but no haha

this is going to be a long game if this is how we are going to play :-)
Supporter since 2000

JimmyConway

Carter-Vickers weren't we linked to him? gone to Luton on loan not sure why i think that's a strange move?

LVBPTS

Quote from: JimmyConway on January 30, 2020, 10:18:32 AM
Carter-Vickers weren't we linked to him? gone to Luton on loan not sure why i think that's a strange move?

i have literally just said "Carter Vickers gone to Luton of all places!" to my mate on whatsapp....odd move
Supporter since 2000

Roberty

Quote from: LVBPT on January 30, 2020, 10:19:38 AM

i have literally just said "Carter Vickers gone to Luton of all places!" to my mate on whatsapp....odd move

He'll get game time there - that is the whole point to clubs sending promising young players out on loan.

How many game could we guarantee him?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

The Rational Fan

If we pay Cameron Carter-Vickers ยฃ20,000 per week to build the Riverside Stand it doesn't count to FFP and surely he can play for us on his days off.

f321ffc

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 30, 2020, 10:31:08 AM

If we pay Cameron Carter-Vickers ยฃ20,000 per week to build the Riverside Stand it doesn't count to FFP and surely he can play for us on his days off.
But then all the other builders would want ยฃ20,000 per week except the plumbers because they wouldn't want to take a pay cut๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mince n Tatties

LVBPTS

wasnt suggesting we should sign him, was merely stating i think its an odd move for him
Supporter since 2000

The Rational Fan

Buying Youssouf Sabaly, selling Cyrus Christie and loaning Jota Peleteiro should be good; provided Reed, Arter, Cairney and Mitro come back at full fitness soon.

twang

Sky Sports:
CHARLTON WARN FULHAM OVER DOUGHTY

Charlton have told Fulham that Alfie Doughty is not for sale.

The Whites made an enquiry about the 20-year-old midfielder, who has 18 months left on his contract.

- - - - -

Remember thinking that he was absolutely rapid when we played them.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 30, 2020, 11:07:34 AM
Buying Youssouf Sabaly, selling Cyrus Christie and loaning Jota Peleteiro should be good; provided Reed, Arter, Cairney and Mitro come back at full fitness soon.

I hadn't seen Sabaly had been linked again? Would he come whilst we are in Championship? If so, and he and Jota come in, I think we can all agree we have had a superb winter window (and the summer just gone). He would be the 'ready to step up to PL' RB we need.

Would be delighted with those two before the window 'slams shut' tomorrow.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 30, 2020, 12:50:39 PM

I hadn't seen Sabaly had been linked again? Would he come whilst we are in Championship? If so, and he and Jota come in, I think we can all agree we have had a superb winter window (and the summer just gone). He would be the 'ready to step up to PL' RB we need.

Bordeaux is trying to sell players so Sabaly is on the markert and he was prepared to come on a permanent deal when we were going to drop down into the championship. I like that he can play left-back almost as well as right back as it gives Fulham more options, especially in terms of player rotation. Those two deals will be enough, provided injuried players are fit soon and the midfield chemistry starts to click. I think our midfield three is a big problem, but think that might be a lack of cohesion rather than not good enough players.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 30, 2020, 01:33:26 PM

Bordeaux is trying to sell players so Sabaly is on the markert and he was prepared to come on a permanent deal when we were going to drop down into the championship. I like that he can play left-back almost as well as right back as it gives Fulham more options, especially in terms of player rotation. Those two deals will be enough, provided injuried players are fit soon and the midfield chemistry starts to click. I think our midfield three is a big problem, but think that might be a lack of cohesion rather than not good enough players.

Agreed on both counts. The midfield is a difficult one as we definitely have the players but cohesion, as you say, has been the problem. Problems have been a). there's been a lot of injuries and players in and out and b). if we asked everyone to pick their midfield three, I would guess we would get every possible combination!

For example, if all on form, I'd be tempted to go:

K-Mac
Arter Cairney (Arter playing as an 8).

But, that said, I'd be loathe to lose the mobility of Reed and Onomah's physicality. A good problem to have, but a problem nonetheless!

mkras99

Emma Jones
@emmajonessport
ยท
42m
Just spoke to #ffc boss for
@BBCLondonSport
Says not expecting to be very busy between now and end of window. But wouldn't be drawn on specific players, like Jota, being linked with Fulham. Says Saturday probably too soon for Mitro return but will make late call.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 30, 2020, 01:59:50 PM

Agreed on both counts. The midfield is a difficult one as we definitely have the players but cohesion, as you say, has been the problem. Problems have been a). there's been a lot of injuries and players in and out and b). if we asked everyone to pick their midfield three, I would guess we would get every possible combination!

K-Mac

But, that said, I'd be loathe to lose the mobility of Reed and Onomah's physicality. A good problem to have, but a problem nonetheless!

After playing Arter and McDonald together vs Charlton, I'm in no rush to see that again. Far too sideways and stagnant.

filham

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 30, 2020, 02:52:23 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 30, 2020, 01:59:50 PM

K-Mac

After playing Arter and McDonald together vs Charlton, I'm in no rush to see that again. Far too sideways and stagnant.

I think there was more at play there than just the midfield (the total lack of intelligent movement up front and so on) but point taken. In fact it proves my point above that we would all choose different variations of the three. Hell, I'd probably choose a different three on a different day...