watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pathetic ...

Started by howitis, January 26, 2020, 01:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr K.Dilkington

I love how nobody read my post to elaborate my point (lol) before lobbing me off the metaphorical cliff.
This is peak FoF and you love to see it :)
Foolish ham

LittleErn

Quote from: Twig on January 26, 2020, 01:52:14 PM
Actually I think we've shown some spirit and some nice touches occasionally.  We all knew They had to have an off day for us to have any chance and that isn't happening. But comments like "pathetic", no way.
+1

howitis

It's the manner of these defeats each year in the cup. We just don't have the right attitude and it stems from somewhere.
Watching the teams come out at half time - I saw Cavaleiro laughing in the tunnel with 2 city players. Pep runs up tunnel pulls Man City players aside and gestures to them that they need to get focussed.
If only I sensed something similar from our mob. Zero leadership all around the club.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 01:54:16 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 26, 2020, 01:47:41 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 01:41:21 PM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on January 26, 2020, 01:38:46 PM
And some people still wonder why not many people fancy going to these types of games. For years,domestically,I swear we've played to lose. I get prioritizing premier league survival/Promotion,but I agree that it is pathetic/embarrassing for the club to have this mindset.

Complete opposite opinion here, I've said all week on the board - not a single first team player should have played today. Nothing game. Going to derail the promotion but with effect on morale and energy levels. For what, some outdated romantic notion? Nonsense.

What absolute nonsense.
Should we have sent all the kids up and get walloped
10-0...They've got a strong side out,there 2nd eleven would nearly win premier.

Yes, that's exactly what we should have done. The 10-0 would have had zero impact on morale and energy levels/injuries then.

If we lose against Huddersfield now, this is on folks like you to be honest.

If we lose to Huddersfield its down to me.
And the ludicrous post of the year goes to. 064.gif

Plodder

And some people still wonder why not many people fancy going to these types of games. For years,domestically,I swear we've played to lose. I get prioritizing premier league survival/Promotion,but I agree that it is pathetic/embarrassing for the club to have this mindset.

Complete opposite opinion here, I've said all week on the board - not a single first team player should have played today. Nothing game. Going to derail the promotion but with effect on morale and energy levels. For what, some outdated romantic notion? Nonsense.

What absolute nonsense.

Yes, that's exactly what we should have done. The 10-0 would have had zero impact on morale and energy levels/injuries then.

"This is on folks like you" - an inane comment. We don't play for, coach or manage Fulham.

I suppose it would be great for morale to tell our first choice team that we want them to get promotion, but they aren't good enough to play against Man City, because we are scared they will get a hammering

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 26, 2020, 02:15:00 PM

What absolute nonsense.

That's not quite what I said but, yes, if you break it down, the pressure the club would feel at the backlash from fans with the outdated 'Dunkirk Spirit' mindset, magic of the cup nonsense, no doubt played at least a small part in the selection. So, when that has the impact half the board predicated in the next couple of weeks, yes, you should stomach some of the blame.

You won't of course. You'll dismiss it as nonsense. No doubt as you will when some other non-football related chickens come home to roost post 31st Jan ;)

(and yes, that's presumptuous but I'd bet all I own on getting that right about you and the other folk talking about 'Spartan Spirit' and other tosh.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Plodder on January 26, 2020, 02:19:33 PM

What absolute nonsense.

"This is on folks like you" - an inane comment. We don't play for, coach or manage Fulham.

I suppose it would be great for morale to tell our first choice team that we want them to get promotion, but they aren't good enough to play against Man City, because we are scared they will get a hammering

Not an inane comment really. See my reply above for more thorough breakdown. If you think fan pressure counts for nothing, you're underestimating the impact.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 02:21:00 PM

What absolute nonsense.

That's not quite what I said but, yes, if you break it down, the pressure the club would feel at the backlash from fans with the outdated 'Dunkirk Spirit' mindset, magic of the cup nonsense, no doubt played at least a small part in the selection. So, when that has the impact half the board predicated in the next couple of weeks, yes, you should stomach some of the blame.

You won't of course. You'll dismiss it as nonsense. No doubt as you will when some other non-football related chickens come home to roost post 31st Jan ;)

(and yes, that's presumptuous but I'd bet all I own on getting that right about you and the other folk talking about 'Spartan Spirit' and other tosh.

If you detest FA Cup why bother posting about it just move on....

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 26, 2020, 02:26:45 PM

What absolute nonsense.

Blimey, I don't detest the FA Cup! If we had nothing pressing (you know, like promotion before the parachute payments run out and we lose half the first team), then I'd be well up for throwing everything at it! We have seriously more pressing matters at the moment. We were drawn against a team that we would have very little chance against as they have three teams better than ours (the most expensive squad in football history) AND we have an injury crisis. On top of that, after many years of not having any, we were just starting to build some confidence within the defence and keeper.

My point all along was; why risk damaging all or any of that, on a ridiculous pipe dream of winning the cup?

Plodder

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 02:30:21 PM

What absolute nonsense.

Blimey, I don't detest the FA Cup! If we had nothing pressing (you know, like promotion before the parachute payments run out and we lose half the first team), then I'd be well up for throwing everything at it! We have seriously more pressing matters at the moment. We were drawn against a team that we would have very little chance against as they have three teams better than ours (the most expensive squad in football history) AND we have an injury crisis. On top of that, after many years of not having any, we were just starting to build some confidence within the defence and keeper.

My point all along was; why risk damaging all or any of that, on a ridiculous pipe dream of winning the cup?

There is no correlation between performance in the FA Cup and in the league. Some teams do well in both, some go out early (like us last year) and still flop in the league.  Losing to Aston Villa would not have given us any more league points, not increased the likelihood of it happening.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Plodder on January 26, 2020, 02:43:08 PM

What absolute nonsense.

There is no correlation between performance in the FA Cup and in the league. Some teams do well in both, some go out early (like us last year) and still flop in the league.  Losing to Aston Villa would not have given us any more league points, not increased the likelihood of it happening.

Cool. Save this post and let's come back to it next weekend and over the next couple of weeks.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Plodder on January 26, 2020, 02:43:08 PM

What absolute nonsense.

Actually, just saw you mentioned Villa too in that. My mind boggles. Do you honestly believe the Villa result performance had no impact on the results and clean sheets after?

Staggering.

Plodder

ByTheRiver, using your logic, you are claiming we would have more points if we had lost to Villa because the FA Cup is a distraction.  Now you seem to be claiming it helped us to take more points and keep more clean sheets. Which is it?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 02:03:00 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 26, 2020, 02:02:19 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 01:24:40 PM
Well, it's hardly a surprise is it? That's why some of us have been saying all week to play the youth team, preserve morale and energy levels for the games that are actually important.

Joke. Parker needs his head wobbled for this ludicrous nonsense.

Disagree and a poor attitude, what energy levels are you talking about, they are well conditioned athletes, all this mollycoddling and wrapping players up in cotton wool sends out the wrong message to the players. Strong Spartan mentality is required namby pamby excuses for them, we haven't got a match until next Saturday, dear or dear I shake my head in disbelief.   

Ok, boomer,

Your welcome, however, consider yourself yellow carded for dissent and warned of your future conduct. it was almost a red, but despite Fulhams scoreline today I am in a reasonable mood, ggrrr.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Plodder on January 26, 2020, 02:50:57 PM
ByTheRiver, using your logic, you are claiming we would have more points if we had lost to Villa because the FA Cup is a distraction.  Now you seem to be claiming it helped us to take more points and keep more clean sheets. Which is it?

Are you simple? I'm saying results are results when the first team players are involved and all have an impact on morale and confidence because players are human beings and not robots.

Winning and looking solid against a premier league outfit had a positive impact. Getting whacked and looking a shambles at the back, as we were always going to regardless of team put out, is going to have a negative impact on a defence finally finding its feet.

Play the youths and today doesn't matter. Play the main defence and all confidence evaporates. Look around the board, people now even talking ill of Hector and Rodak.

It's not as binary as FA cup is important or isn't. It's each game on its own merits. Today was a mistake. Anyone with a half a brain will now agree with the benefit of hindsight. Some of us didn't need hindsight.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 26, 2020, 02:55:50 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 02:03:00 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 26, 2020, 02:02:19 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 01:24:40 PM
Well, it's hardly a surprise is it? That's why some of us have been saying all week to play the youth team, preserve morale and energy levels for the games that are actually important.

Joke. Parker needs his head wobbled for this ludicrous nonsense.

Disagree and a poor attitude, what energy levels are you talking about, they are well conditioned athletes, all this mollycoddling and wrapping players up in cotton wool sends out the wrong message to the players. Strong Spartan mentality is required namby pamby excuses for them, we haven't got a match until next Saturday, dear or dear I shake my head in disbelief.   

Ok, boomer,

Your welcome, however, consider yourself yellow carded for dissent and warned of your future conduct. it was almost a red, but despite Fulhams scoreline today I am in a reasonable mood, ggrrr.

Yellow carded for having a different opinion? Figures...

Logicalman

Lets keep this civil (well as civil as can be expected). Personal attacks or comments regarding another posters mental ability will be removed, simple as that.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Bill2

A lot of players had poor games even though we did have only 10 men. Thought we were weak in the tackle and the third goal was offside.

Plodder

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 02:56:15 PM

Are you simple? I'm saying results are results when the first team players are involved and all have an impact on morale and confidence because players are human beings and not robots.

Winning and looking solid against a premier league outfit had a positive impact. Getting whacked and looking a shambles at the back, as we were always going to regardless of team put out, is going to have a negative impact on a defence finally finding its feet.

Play the youths and today doesn't matter. Play the main defence and all confidence evaporates. Look around the board, people now even talking ill of Hector and Rodak.

It's not as binary as FA cup is important or isn't. It's each game on its own merits. Today was a mistake. Anyone with a half a brain will now agree with the benefit of hindsight. Some of us didn't need hindsight.

Let's give up on the discussion about the rights and wrongs of team selection. No point in having an argument if I am "simple" and don't even have "half a brain".  Evidently you consider by far the intellectual superior to those of us who take a different point of view.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Plodder on January 26, 2020, 03:07:21 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 02:56:15 PM

Let's give up on the discussion about the rights and wrongs of team selection. No point in having an argument if I am "simple" and don't even have "half a brain".  Evidently you consider by far the intellectual superior to those of us who take a different point of view.

I haven't said that, merely that the nonsensical dig at me/my post made you seem that way. But let's leave it, we're not going to agree on this so let's not clog up the board.

Let's hooe you're right and we go into Huddersfield as if today never happened and do the business.